Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, don't get a GTO. Holden Monaro with a V8. They can't ahndle for poopy, and aren't even that fast in a straight line. Get a new Mustang GT instead. A lot less expensive, and can keep up with a new GTO.(can'yt a new GTO, but can keep up with.) Nice pics guys. Keep 'em coming.

What the hell are you talking about? The new GTOs are sweet rides, much, much better buy than that factory-malfunction known as the 05 Mustang.

Factory malfunction eh? How so? At least the suspension was designed for that car, and not just brought over with a few tweaks to accomodate a bigger engine. Besides, that factory malfunction is by far the fastest vehicle you are going to get for $25,000. And the nicest. Besides, opinions man. I am not a Pontiac man. Mopar and Ford. IMO teh bestest. But I do have my tristes against the new GTOs. Not worth the badge.

You also have to consider the obvious price difference. GTO= base price is $32,995 according to the website.

'05 Mustang GT= base price is $25,570 according to the website.

Now take in the performance aspects. The GTO has a 400 HP LS2 350 small block. Not bad, one of the best things to come out of Chevrolet. But heres the catch: The new GTO has a chasis and IRS suspension designed to handle the low HP and torque of the V6 in the Holden Monaro, but guess what? There is a 350ci small block in there instead, with multiple times the torque and HP of the V6. It doesn't meet its own potential on the track, or in a straight line. Thanks for offering, but I'll spend that 32 grand on a used '03 SVT Cobra instead.

Now look at the '05 Mustang GT. It has a 300 HP 4.6L 289ci Ford small block pushing 320 foot pounds of torque, riding on what is widely considered the best solid axle sports car suspension EVER, for a fraction of the price. Both Motor Trend and Car and Driver found the Mustang to handle better than the GTO. They also found out the GTO had a hard time defeating the '05 Mustang on the quarter, even thought the GTO has an extra third of the horse power and torque of the Mustang. What does this say to me? The GTO is a great idea that needs improving. The people at Ford finally realized this about the last run of Mustangs and did something about it.

Edited by M1911A2 guy
Factory malfunction eh? How so? At least the suspension was designed for that car, and not just brought over with a few tweaks to accomodate a bigger engine. Besides, that factory malfunction is by far the fastest vehicle you are going to get for $25,000. And the nicest. Besides, opinions man. I am not a Pontiac man. Mopar and Ford. IMO teh bestest. But I do have my tristes against the new GTOs. Not worth the badge.

ls2.jpg

I rest my case here. When Ford figures out how to make something even half as good as this, let me know.

Cause it wont be any time soon.

(edit: before some bafoon comes crashing in going "THATS TEH MOTOR FOR THE CORVETTE LOLO" the same motor is in the GTO, just with different deco-valve covers.)

Edited by sp00n

Ah, the Chevrolet 350. Nice motor, but I would rather have a Ford 330 than a Chevy 350. I also remeber when Chevrolet was losing sales back on the '60s to Ford and Chrysler because the Chevy 454 had less factory horsepower and torque than the Mopar 426 Hemi and Ford Boss 429 motors.

Oh, and about the half as good. when Chevrolet makes a car half as good as the Ford GT, let me know. Oh, and might I mention the 351 Cleveland? Oh, thats right, the motor that killed the Nova. Hmm, I thought I'd let you know about this motor. Because its better than the Gen IV LS2 if you want to get into pure performance.

EDIT: For spelling

Edited by M1911A2 guy
Ah, the Chevrolet 350. Nice motor, but I would rather have a Ford 330 than a Chevy 350. I also remebr when Chevrolet was losing sales back on the '60s to Ford and Chrysler because the Chevy 454 had less factory horsepower and torwue than the Mopar 426 Hemi and Ford Boss 429 motors.

Oh, and about the half as good. when Chevrolet makes a car half as good as the Ford GT, let me know. Oh, and might I mention the 351 Cleveland? Oh, thats right, the motor that killed the Nova. Hmm, I thpught I'd let you know about this motor. Because its better than the Gen IV LS2 if oyu wnat to get into pure performance.

Ooohkay, you keep telling yourself that. Whatever lets you sleep at night.

Ah, the Chevrolet 350. Nice motor, but I would rather have a Ford 330 than a Chevy 350. I also remeber when Chevrolet was losing sales back on the '60s to Ford and Chrysler because the Chevy 454 had less factory horsepower and torque than the Mopar 426 Hemi and Ford Boss 429 motors. 

Oh, and about the half as good. when Chevrolet makes a car half as good as the Ford GT, let me know. Oh, and might I mention the 351 Cleveland? Oh, thats right, the motor that killed the Nova. Hmm, I thought I'd let you know about this motor. Because its better than the Gen IV LS2 if you want to get into pure performance.

EDIT: For spelling

Gonna have to go with you on this one... Ford GT = Teh win.

Maybe im a bit biased as I own a Mustang myself.

Hopeful next car and what I consider, the most muscle for the money:

http://www.svt.ford.com/vehicleGT500.asp

ls2.jpg

I rest my case here. When Ford figures out how to make something even half as good as this, let me know.

Cause it wont be any time soon.

(edit: before some bafoon comes crashing in going "THATS TEH MOTOR FOR THE CORVETTE LOLO" the same motor is in the GTO, just with different deco-valve covers.)

i know something better

a ls1 in a second generation rx7 almost fits perfectly you just have to cut a couple of the hood braces