Pictures of your rides

M1911A2 Guy, you're so lucky... I frickin love those cars!!

The only thing I can be accused of being lucky of is getting to drive my father's Chrysler. Other than that, everything comes out of my own pocket. I worked all Summer long, and it paid well. I would post pics of the '91 T-Bird my (ex)boss gave me, but the lack of grass at our new house = Thunderchicken covered in a solid meter of dust. ;)

Edited by M1911A2 guy
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to drive the 300c, but just didnt really like the handling of the car. but that might just be because am use to more of a sporty handling. somewhat related to that note I also hate driving the lexus cars because of the loose cushiony handling

I don't know man, the 300C is quite a track car. You might be referring to the weight of the vehicle making it seems luggush, but it handles better than the majority of two doors on th market. I'm not saying that because teh Car is American, I'm saying it because Mercedes did a hell of a job on the chasis/suspension.

762: Sorry about the mix-up. Always confuse Chevys and GMCs. I mean, they are so different! :P

Down here in the UK things aren't as free flowing as in America. Petrol has just reached the £1.00 per litre mark and insurance costs a bomb unless you are 40 with 20 years No Claims.

As for cars, I am yet to sample that delight, eventhough I only passed my test a few months a go. At the moment I am looking for one of these:

v641lbv.jpg

Rover 214 16V.

More class than any other Vauxhall Corsa or the like. My overall classic dream car to own though would be these three gems:

Rover Vitesse

sd1_vitesse_2.jpg

Jensen Interceptor

jensen_incptrbl.jpg

Triumph Stag

stag2.jpg

As you can tell, I have a bit of a soft spot for lassic British V8 brutes.

As for modern cars. I wouldn't say not to either the new Vauxhall Astra VXR:

AstraVXR.jpg

Seat Leon Cupra R:

cuprar05_03_1024.jpg

Or MG ZT 260 V8:

102113_00mg.jpg

Lovely.

modern Rovers are for old men.

my mate has one, and he gets the ###### ripped out of him.

and according to my dad, the engine on a stag is absolute wank, as its made from 2 different metals. and he should know, he knows the inside of my uncles old one like the back of his hand.

im getting a triumph spitfire when i can drive (eventually), its cheaper, smaller, more reliable and cheaper to insure.

modern Rovers are for old men.

my mate has one, and he gets the ###### ripped out of him.

TBH with you, I couldn't care whether people would laugh at me. I would just point out how mechanically and physically superior my car is when compared to their equivilent Punto, Corsa and Fiesta. The Rover 214 is a brilliant motor for the money. I must say, your mate is a clever man and those people taking the ###### are very sad individuals indeed who probably drive the motors quoted above...

The Stag's powerplant is a mess though I will agree with you. I would have to do something about that when the time comes, something along the lines of the Rover V8 maybe. :D

Edited by Liam_Olf
Here's a pic of mine (well, just like mine)

51829_wallpaper_2_smallImg_wallpapers_meganep2_vn_mp2_wp_800_11.jpeg

Goes like a rocket and does about 550 miles to a tank.

Man, I love those cars you get over there in europe!

here are the uglys we get over in the states... ;)

I do not drive this car!!... this in not mine!! :D

04ToyotaPrius_2.jpg

our econo's look like tanks to you're nymph like economy sport coups... lol

how i wish America would follow their European counterparts. much more reasonable to improve on quality, rather than size!... you don’t know how bad it is always looking out for 4,500lb "safe" SUV's barreling around the streets, out of control, at 50 mph (yes that’s how fast they go before they go out of control :blink:) just trying to smash your little (might i say practical) 2,800 lb car...

without further a due, here are two pics i just grabbed of my car.

gallery_9202_414_61101.jpg

gallery_9202_414_137368.jpg

Its a 1982 Datsun (a nissan company) 280ZX. My parents are the original owners, and i was just lucky enough to get this car as my own!

I don't know man, the 300C is quite a track car. You might be referring to the weight of the vehicle making it seems luggush, but it handles better than the majority of two doors on th market. I'm not saying that because teh Car is American, I'm saying it because Mercedes did a hell of a job on the chasis/suspension.

762: Sorry about the mix-up. Always confuse Chevys and GMCs. I mean, they are so different!

haha, thats funny :D ... sorry... :mellow:

no doubt the 300c is a nice car, and no doubt it is a fast car, but in terms of raceiness thats about it ;)"it handles better than the majority of two doors on th market" any two door half as much will handle better, and no... semi's dont count.

sorry, im not trying to diss your car, but the 300c is more of a luxary sedan that is meant to 'feel' sporty, it is far from a 'sports car' let alone a 'track car'... ;)

i like 280z's that one looks like its in mint condition

but i love 240's more :)

yeah, me too... but i couldnt have a say in the purchase of this car, let alone say anything period. but i agree, 240's have the true z racing heritage. :D

as for this car, it has about 80K miles on it, and has always been taken care of, and i intend to keep it that way. I am not at all disapointed with the 280zx, as it is a much faster car stock then the 240z's were

Yeah SUV's are in no way pratical at all, especially when you are trying to bus seven people to a football game and you can only take one vehicle, better jump in the practical pocket rocket instead! :)

oh, sorry. i didnt realise you packed seven people into one car (every day of cource to make it so practical)... my bad :rolleyes:

Edited by G-force237
haha, thats funny :D ... sorry... :mellow:

no doubt the 300c is a nice car, and no doubt it is a fast car, but in terms of raceiness thats about it ;)"it handles better than the majority of two doors on th market" any two door half as much will handle better, and no... semi's dont count.

sorry, im not trying to diss your car, but the 300c is more of a luxary sedan that is meant to 'feel' sporty, it is far from a 'sports car' let alone a 'track car'... ;)

I don't feel it is a sports car, but honestly, on the track its a killer. Its the ultimate combination: European suspension and cahsis mated with American V-8s. Too bad it weighs a good 5,000+ lbs. Can't weight until the old man gets the SRT-8(if it ever comes too Idaho that is. <_< ) Besides: Are you trying to tell me that a Celica can handle better? No, but that isn't a good comparison. Two different types of vehicles with two different purposes. This thing was built to run with the other luxury 4-doors: Benz, BMW, Lexus, Jaguar, Cadillac, etc. I don't expect it to take on a Mustang GT or Maserati Spyder, but this thing will eat sedans alive. If they were alive, you know.

Anyways, nice Datsun G-Force. To bad that thing is a pain to work on(Well, try working on my Econoline. Good thing I ran out of compressed air halfway through getting the head off, or I would done myself right there.). Good lookers.

Edited by M1911A2 guy

yeah, 300c will kill almost anything in a straight line test, as for handling... lets just agree to disagree. :D

Anyways, nice Datsun G-Force. To bad that thing is a pain to work on...

a pain is right! to sqweeze any extra power out of it requires pretty much everything but the engine block to be replaced, or just a total engine swap...

put an ls1 in it.......nuff said

ive seen it done to 240's

Hah! if you are refering to the vid of the 240 smoking its tires through 1'st, 2nd, and a bit of 3rd maybe, I saw that two! its insane how much power it gets.

but its too big/expensive for my taste... my hopes would be to tune it up to the 200-250hp range. ;)

Edited by G-force237