Pictures of your rides

Sid, hate to say it, but (aside from the syrup in the suspension) your views are showing your age.

There are some very swift American cars now and they use some clever technology to deal with the obscene size of their engines (Capacity on demand, for instance, where 4 of the 8 cylinders shut down until you boot it!).

Not many I'd buy for use on European roads, I concede, but they're not the rubbish they used to be when your Porsche and BMW were current models.

Cheers.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, these are my current vehicles.

Porka.jpg

1982 911 Turbo 3.3l

Can i just say thank you for buying the best Porsche ever.

I'm sick of Carreras, and the dreaded poor mans 911... the boxster.

That is on hell of a nice car you got there!

I'm jelous :(

This man has taste!

Edited by kronic
Sid, hate to say it, but (aside from the syrup in the suspension) your views are showing your age.

You sure?

Check out stuff like power to weight ratios and final drive ratios on your average american car. Sure, they're big engines but something designed to rev to 3500 RPM and attached to an automatic transmission is not gonna give you the performance that 300BHP suggests it should.

[edit]

And, Hartley... what a load of cobblers. "The Fireblade is too forgiving"???

I'm not really sure how the R1 or ZX10 are superior to the Fireblade but check out stuff like the wheelbase and the head angle. The Fartblood was always streets ahead of the competition for handling. In practical terms it was streets ahead of something like the Hayabusa or R1. Must admit, though, I dunno if Honda have softened it in the last couple of years but still, to say a 900cc, 145bhp, 200kg bike is "too forgiving" is something that probably only 10 people in the world are qualified to say.

Aside from that, I want a ZXR750 simply cos I always wanted one when I was a kid and now I can afford the insurance.

Fortunately, Kawasaki made the L2 in a nice dark red and metallic blue as well as the go-faster green pattern. Hopefully I can find a red one. If not, meh! Green will do.

Edited by Hissing Sid

My car:

(sorry for the poor pic - its from my cell phone camera)

inDrivewayCropped.jpg

All American. Cadillac CTS-V

400hp - (stock, and mine no longer is stock, heh)

6 speed manual - T56

Gigantic brakes - 13" 4 pots up front, 14" rears

Handling out the *albatross*... so much it eats S4s and M3s and AMGs that get cocky for lunch. S6? Don't make me laugh. M5? Go home, bring more next time. I'll see any european car you want to throw at me on a roadcourse and hold my own if not outright spank it (up to Exiges and such dedicated track carts).

Eh? Whats that? Don't beleive me? Another american blowing smoke out his *albatross*? Well maybe then ask yonder brits over at TopGear, watch the episode where "the Stig" in an s4 gets his *albartroth* handed to him by that neanderthal Jeremy drivin my CTS-V, hilarious.

Here's a better pic:

new.gif

Sorry to be in-your-face about the car thing, but I haven't lost to a european car here (in Ohio) yet. So until I do I'll be an *albatross* and defend our *suitcasey* cars. As Carl Lewis once said: "If you can do it, it ain't bragging." :)

My ZX-11:

myzx11D.jpg

My RSW:

mowglibike.jpg

A better pic - how can you not love a 200 series rear and a fat *albatross* can?

MVC-006Fs[1].JPG

Those are my rides.

Edited by Hillslam
My car:

(sorry for the poor pic - its from my cell phone camera)

inDrivewayCropped.jpg

All American. Cadillac CTS-V

400hp

6 speed manual

Gigantic brakes

Handling out the *albatross*... so much so it eats S4s and M3s for lunch. S6? Don't make me laugh. M5? Go home, bring more next time. I'll see any european car you want to throw at me on a roadcourse and hold my own.

Golf MK.1 GTi, souped for some racing would give that elephant with wheels a run for it's money.

Just race you round a track with more corners than NASCAR.. :P

http://ffp-motorsport.com/other/mk1-rata/index.php that's what i'm talking about!

Edited by kronic
Golf MK.1 GTi, souped for some racing would give that elephant with wheels a run for it's money.

Just race you round a track with  more corners than NASCAR.. :P

http://ffp-motorsport.com/other/mk1-rata/index.php that's what i'm talking about!

Last I looked, my friendly tater tot - the CTS-V is competing in the same IMSA and SCCA events that your VWs are running. And beating them.

The V doesn't run nascar. Don't insult me.

Oh you want to MODIFY THEM... oh. And then your VW would walk all over a V? Just like it didn't here?

(Pay attention to the part where the R32 took longer to complete the road course, longer to stop, and lost a star to driveability. But credit to the heavily modified R32, it still tied the V for 3rd place.)

Course, if you're an executive, you might want to pay attention to the best car for under $60,000.

Edited by Hillslam
Last I looked, my friendly tater tot - the CTS-V is competing in the same IMSA and SCCA events that your VWs are running. And beating them.

The V doesn't run nascar. Don't insult me.

Oh you want to MODIFY THEM... oh. And then your VW would walk all over a V? Just like it didn't here?

(Pay attention to the part where the R32 took longer to complete the road course, longer to stop,  and lost a star to driveability. But credit to the heavily modified R32, it still tied the V for 3rd place.)

Course, if you're an executive, you might want to pay attention to the best car for under $60,000.

Next?

YAWN... yes because i was being 100% serious, and everything i say should be taken as fact and also taken to the heart.

Also the Nascar thingy was a poke at US Racing... oval tracks are boring... i was also saying throw in a few tight bends and the Golf may have the upper hand.

Also these Cadillac CTS-V type cars maybe good.. but where's the fun in that.

Looks like a hefty family car... i want some fun.. i don't care if the ride is comfortable, i don't care if it has leather trim, i don't want electric windows.

Give me the choice of that and a Golf MK.1 i'll take the Cadillac.. sell it, but a MK.1 and mod it a little.

CD player and manual windows for me please. Thats all i need, the fun is in the car, not in the accessories.

Each to his own though!

You may win in a race, but i'll have much more fun losing.

Oh as for my current ride.

I'm just starting to build this.

Edited by kronic
Also these Cadillac CTS-V type cars maybe good.. but where's the fun in that.

Looks like a hefty family car... i want some fun.. i don't care if the ride is comfortable, i don't care if it has leather trim, i don't want electric windows.

Give me the choice of that and a Golf MK.1 i'll take the Cadillac.. sell it, but a MK.1 and mod it a little.

CD player and manual windows for me please. Thats all i need, the fun is in the car, not in the accessories.

Each to his own though!

You may win in a race, but i'll have much more fun losing.

Don't take me wrong - my pants aren't in a bunch. Just having fun with ya. Its what us car guys over here do: good natured trash talking. :) All in good fun.

-----

I don't know if I agree about the "you'd have more fun doing it" part. I have plenty of fun. As for a road course, really, the car can turn. Here's a pic of the g-meter in my dash. Note my recorded max values. 1.1+ g (in both directions) isn't shabby for a luxury car.

IMGP0224[1].JPG

(Yeah, the g-meter is a stock item.)

But I'll admit, I like my track thrashing turning and braking so hard it'll yank out your teeth with a bit of seude and luxury gadgetry. When I want the elements I hop on the ZX-11.

It looks like it was designed by Stevie Wonder. :P

Indeed it does. Its a homely duckling and I know it. But thats why I liked it. Well I hated it at first but it grew on me. I'm attracted to what you'd call "non-traditional beauty". (Don't let my wife hear that or I'd get my face slapped silly, aheh)

Edited by Hillslam

I would preferably want a comfortable and easy to drive car for getting to and from places, (think S-Class or CLS class Merc - or even a 300C V8 Hemi :P ) but i wouldnt want a golf as my only car.

For racing i would get a Legends Car or a Formula Ford or any other track day car which has the basics.

I overtook a Ferrari 355 (he was on an experience day mind) round a track in an MG ZR 160, i think a lot of racing comes down to the drivers skill though :) not just the car.

Don't take me wrong - my pants aren't in a bunch. Just having fun with ya. Its what us car guys over here do: good natured trash talking. :) All in good fun.

-----

I don't know if I agree about the "you'd have more fun doing it" part. I have plenty of fun. As for a road course, really, the car can turn. Here's a pic of the g-meter in my dash. Note my recorded max values. 1.1+ g (in both directions) isn't shabby for a luxury car.

IMGP0224[1].JPG

(Yeah, the g-meter is a stock item.)

But I'll admit, I like my track thrashing turning and braking so hard it'll yank out your teeth with a bit of seude and luxury gadgetry. When I want the elements I hop on the ZX-11.

Indeed it does. Its a homely duckling and I know it. But thats why I liked it. Well I hated it at first but it grew on me. I'm attracted to what you'd call "non-traditional beauty". (Don't let my wife hear that or I'd get my face slapped silly, aheh)

I supose some of it is down to age aswell.

I'm 17, so i want something swift and nippy. (Oh and before you get me worng, the Golf MK.1 is not trendy.. all my mates hate it!)

I'm assuming you're older than me, so you may want something more.. erm.. i dunno business like.

infantryop4 - How're your Fosgate woofers treating you? After looking at your Car Domain page, I've come to the conclusion that you're underpowering the P3s. I wouldn't trust Sony when it comes to car audio... AT ALL.

You've got yourself a nice lookin' truck, my friend! Just give your subs a bit more power ;)

Edited by SgtBojangles
infantryop4 - How're your Fosgate woofers treating you? After looking at your Car Domain page, I've come to the conclusion that you're underpowering the P3s. I wouldn't trust Sony when it comes to car audio... AT ALL.

You've got yourself a nice lookin' truck, my friend! Just give your subs a bit more power ;)

Haven't got to that yet... next is some power increasing mods