Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm driving a 1998 Honda Accord LX... not too fast, but not bad at all for a four-banger... 150 bhp plus whatever my exhaust system adds. Right now all I have is a magnaflow exhaust, rims, limo tint, and a pretty nice sound system (pioneer 2 ways in the front doors, pioneer 3 ways in the back, 2 lightning audio subs in the trunk, and a sony head unit... the head unit sucks compared to most, but it's OK until I get a new one).

4c1233e9.jpg

f7aa757a.jpg

407c424a.jpg

Like I said, nothing fancy, but it gets the job done and it's not bad for a four cylinder... beats the 1998 6 cyl accord 2-door pretty easily since it's so much lighter. I just got my *albatross* handed to me by a G35 the other day, but it was fun to see him take off anyway :D

I'm driving a 1998 Honda Accord LX... not too fast, but not bad at all for a four-banger... 150 bhp plus whatever my exhaust system adds. Right now all I have is a magnaflow exhaust, rims, limo tint, and a pretty nice sound system (pioneer 2 ways in the front doors, pioneer 3 ways in the back, 2 lightning audio subs in the trunk, and a sony head unit... the head unit sucks compared to most, but it's OK until I get a new one).

<snizzip>

Like I said, nothing fancy, but it gets the job done and it's not bad for a four cylinder... beats the 1998 6 cyl accord 2-door pretty easily since it's so much lighter. I just got my *albatross* handed to me by a G35 the other day, but it was fun to see him take off anyway  :D

I said it once before on this page, and I'll say it again: Sony = crap :D

You say it gets the job done, and that's all that matters! The car looks nice! ...

:D

EDIT - dumb censor... Is crap really that bad of a word?

Edited by SgtBojangles
My dad's 66 Shelby Cobra

This is my dad;s ride that he uses in his free time. It's sleek, fast, and loud. He won in the 60's division at the last car show he went to.

Lightning

Is it a real shelby? I am guessing it is if it won a competition:P but you can never be too sure these days.

Care to take a picture of the dash for us?

Well, it's actually a Superformance replica. It forced him to sell his '93 Corvette and use all of his bonus to get it. I think it was like 55 K. I'm not exactly sure about the motor, transmission, and all that stuff, but he could post a 20 zillion page thing about them if I were to let him jump on. I'll ask him once he gets home.

Edited by Lightning10
[edit]

And, Hartley... what a load of cobblers. "The Fireblade is too forgiving"???

I'm not really sure how the R1 or ZX10 are superior to the Fireblade but check out stuff like the wheelbase and the head angle. The Fartblood was always streets ahead of the competition for handling. In practical terms it was streets ahead of something like the Hayabusa or R1. Must admit, though, I dunno if Honda have softened it in the last couple of years but still, to say a 900cc, 145bhp, 200kg bike is "too forgiving" is something that probably only 10 people in the world are qualified to say.

Well, looks like im one of the ten then. Having had the pleasure to ride the big 1000's around brands hatch, I and a few others (Namely BSB riders) came to the same decision. Yes it has a racey position, yes it has RCV looks. But it is just too damn forgiving. Its almost impossible to change gear at the wrong time. It still is a formidable machine, but is miles away from the r1, zx10, gixxer and even the mille.

You sure?

Check out stuff like power to weight ratios and final drive ratios on your average american car. Sure, they're big engines but something designed to rev to 3500 RPM and attached to an automatic transmission is not gonna give you the performance that 300BHP suggests it should.

He is sure. From say, 1969-70 to the intro of the SHO Taurus, American cars were POS *beep*. If anyone know there car history, the 1989 FOrd Taurus SHO was the fastest four door on the planet for about six months. The first Vipers came out in the eighties, and the first Mustang Cobra showed up in '93. Ever since then American cars have been increasing in effeiciency and performance. For $32,000, a 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra can get you going 160+ MPH, with a 0-60 of 5 seconds and some change, while still handling a race track beciause thats what it was built for. The new Chrysler 300C, although a 5,000 pound car, is still going to hand most 4-doors their asses because of the AMG built

suspension and 5.7L Hemi(which someone mentioned earlier, forget who though) is something to beat. hell, Chrysler Europe had a 300C SRT-8 going 171 MPH on the autobahn. Thats fast. The GT500 Mustang coming out next yearis going to make just baout any car ###### itself, on the track or at the strip. 475BHP and 450FPT would make a bus move some swiftness, and the suspension is the only thing keeping the car from the production line. SVT just keeps making it better and better. Its going to be the fastest factory straight axle(thats right, no IRS) in the WORLD when it comes out.

The ZO6 Vette is going to be amazing on the drag strip(um, 3.3 seconds 0-60 time, WOW)and if they can make the suspension work, will kill at the track. The Ford GT, well, its amazing. Not many cars are faster than it, and many are more expensive. Yank tanks? I don't think so. The fact is, American cars don't suck anymore. They are of high quality and utilize great efficiency, and they keep getting faster.

Also, Sid, 4 tons = 8,000 pounds. Please tell me of one American made car(not truck, car) that weighs 8,000 pounds. The Chrysler 300C weighs about 5,300. I think you might just be prejudiced. :P

OK, check this out guys! This Thursday I went down to the local automall in Nampa(probably don't know where it is) and bought....(drum roll)

P1010007.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010004.jpg

A 2004 Ford Mustang, 40th Anniversary Edition! And I bought it with my own hard earned money. This car is immaculate. I swear to god whoever had this car before me took CARE of it, if you didn't see the odometer you'd think it was new. One super small dent on right rear fender and a buffable scratch on the left rear quarterpanel. The paint hides them very well, and they are both so small, I didn't even see them until the car salesman pointed them out. I am so excited about the fuel economy as well. The V6 is great. And the insurance is fantastic! New cars rule. Oh, I sold the Thunderchicken as well. It was about to die, so I got rid of it.

Saw that on the SVT and Buick boards as well. Actually, The car belonged to someones ex-wive's husband/boyfriend. Sold it on craigslist for 10k.

Congrats on the Mustang! Looks great. Just needs a couple things to look even better.

Lose the Mustang graphics

Lose the trim on the doors

Change to a GT or aftermarket hood

Lower it or add 18-19in wheels

My dad's 66 Shelby Cobra

This is my dad;s ride that he uses in his free time. It's sleek, fast, and loud. He won in the 60's division at the last car show he went to.

Lightning

*Jealous* Probably one of my favorite car designs since I can remember liking cars.

Is this a real deal or a Fac-5 Kit?

clmwrx- Also, just because Carroll didn't sign the glove box does not mean it isnt real. I assume that's what your talking about. :)

Edited by Scizz