Pictures of your rides

Well, they have a sticker of $150,000; but you aren't going to get one for less than $230,000 because of the $80,000 dealership markup. Also, its only the second fastest production car in the world. The Enzo can do 216MPH, the Ford GT has been rated at 212MPH.  Get your facts straight next time, and keep lovin' teh Blue Oval. :D

Infantryop: I need something with fuel mileage man. trucks are nice, btu I'm getting more out of a tank with the Stang.

Get a diesel... they get great mileage and can be set up to run FAST.

also:

They cirlcled the problem and highlighted it in blue

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet you're one of those people who use the lame *albatross* acronyms for Ford all the time to, uh? Don't give Ford *beep* unless you have a reason, and it better not be, "Uh, well, they are unrealiable." I can do that too. I don't like Chevrolets, they are unreliable, and I'm basing this on absolutely nothing. :)

I bet you're one of those people who use the lame *albatross* acronyms for Ford all the time to, uh? Don't give Ford *beep* unless you have a reason, and it better not be, "Uh, well, they are unrealiable." I can do that too. I don't like Chevrolets, they are unreliable, and I'm basing this on absolutely nothing. :)

and you're one of those people who can't take a joke... calm down mustang boy

my wannabe ride, rep Points to Whoever guesses the make and model

aar.jpg

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!

well, itll Outrun Your motorcycle with Some mileage to Spare

Contrary to ricer belief, body kits DO NOT add horsepower

Get a diesel... they get great mileage and can be set up to run FAST.

also:

They cirlcled the problem and highlighted it in blue

Oh yeah, all the speed freaks are out there driving diesels. I wipe the floor with the powerstokes and cummins trucks around here.

Did a Cobra destroy you at a light or something? Guess everyone has their own reasons to fear the blue oval ;)

Nice Hookah Btw ;)

LOL

http://www.pricegrabber.com/show_car_specs.../segment=/make=

"0-60 time: 8.90"

Heres another link

http://www.modernracer.com/hyundaitiburonv6.html

0-60 mph : 7.4 sec.(manual)

0-¼ mile : 15.6 sec @ 88.8 mph(manual)

200 ft skidpad : 0.82 g

Pathetic in all aspects

Edited by Antagon
LOL

Heres another link

Pathetic in all aspects

im sorry if it cant beat the ferrari youve wanted since you were seven, but for 20 grand its a nice car

Oh yeah, all the speed freaks are out there driving diesels. I wipe the floor with the powerstokes and cummins trucks around here.

Did a Cobra destroy you at a light or something? Guess everyone has their own reasons to fear the blue oval  ;)

actually, i just give all my buddy's w/ fords sh** just like they do to me w/ my chevy... there's no big deal, just clean fun. if you take offense to it, must be insecure about something....

and by the way, a 7000 lb truck that can run 12 sec 1/4 miles is pretty darn good. i've got a video of an F350 with a cummins (they ditched the powerjoke) that is running in the 9s. that's about a 8000 lb truck. just to let you know. not to mention you can take them off road if you wanted to, haul or tow whatever...

now can your car do that?

and by the way, a 7000 lb truck that can run 12 sec 1/4 miles is pretty darn good. i've got a video of an F350 with a cummins (they ditched the powerjoke) that is running in the 9s. that's about a 8000 lb truck. just to let you know. not to mention you can take them off road if you wanted to, haul or tow whatever...

now can your car do that?

Sure can't.

But then again, the new Veyron does 0-60 in a bit under 3 seconds. Anybody can make any car do ANY thing. All it takes is money.

And theres nothing special about turbocharged deisels, all you do is cram a sh*tload of boost in there. Hell theres HUGE gains from just reprogramming the ECU and picking up a cat-back. Too boring for my taste. If they came that way from the factory, THEN I'd be impressed.

im sorry if it cant beat the ferrari youve wanted since you were seven, but for 20 grand its a nice car

It can't beat...well..really anything, not with 0-60 at near 9 seconds. I don't care if a car is slow, but with that 2fast2furious body kit and GINORMOUS wing, it's a joke. Not to mention the dual exhaust tips Hyundai puts on there.

And the only Ferrari I ever wanted was the F430, and I'll eventually have one :)

It can't beat...well..really anything, not with 0-60 at near 9 seconds. I don't care if a car is slow, but with that 2fast2furious body kit and GINORMOUS wing, it's a joke. Not to mention the dual exhaust tips Hyundai puts on there.

And the only Ferrari I ever wanted was the F430, and I'll eventually have one :)

thats why its called tuning cars my friend, you dont run a Stock car with just a bodykit and a wing?

:waggle:

and you're one of those people who can't take a joke... calm down mustang boy

You weren't joking. Now you're kissing *albatross*. And I was calm. Notice the lack of exclamation points in my post.

Tuner, thanks about the hookah. I like it a lot. :D

As for the diesel VS. rice thing, Banks sells enough stuff for diesels nowadays, they CAN run tens. But so can IL4 powered cars, and just about everything else. Depends on the vehicle and what has been done to it, always has been, always will be. As for the ricer outrunning the truck.... there will always be a street car that can take a .75 ton+ truck, just because of something called aerodynamics. The Shelby Cobras only did about 155MPH, because it was a brick. Trucks have similar aerodynamics. Cars, on the other hand, are sleek and cut the air in its path. Simple as that.

You weren't joking. Now you're kissing *albatross*. And I was calm. Notice the lack of exclamation points in my post. 

Tuner, thanks about the hookah. I like it a lot. :D 

As for the diesel VS. rice thing, Banks sells enough stuff for diesels nowadays, they CAN run tens. But so can IL4 powered cars, and just about everything else. Depends on the vehicle and what has been done to it, always has been, always will be. As for the ricer outrunning the truck.... there will always be a street car that can take a .75 ton+ truck, just because of something called aerodynamics. The Shelby Cobras only did about 155MPH, because it was a brick. Trucks have similar aerodynamics. Cars, on the other hand, are sleek and cut the air in its path. Simple as that. 

Yes, i was joking... i run around with truck guys (Chevy, Ford, Dodge). we all throw out the jokes about each other's make. and i know plenty of aerodynamics, i'm an aerospace engineering student. and your right when you say cars perform better aerodynamically. however, seeing how the un-aerodynamic truck that weighs ALOT more than that car can stay with and even beat a sports car.

Example: my friend's Duramax. 650hp / 1100 lb ft of torque (dynoed)

hasn't lost a race yet... and has went up against just about everything except for those overpriced exotics.

the versatility of trucks makes them better IMO

Edited by infantryop4
thats why its called tuning cars my friend, you dont run a Stock car with just a bodykit and a wing?

:waggle:

That's why they're called ricers in the first place :D

And back on the truck issue. Even with all that power, what can they do? Straight line. Theres no such thing as taking corners in a truck. In which case, if I wanted to go fast, I'd buy a car (which I did), if I want to haul sht and go offroading, I'd buy a truck (also did).

Turbo Deisel Trucks aren't the Godsend you make them out to be.

Edited by Antagon

And for the price/performance issue. Completely missing the point on that one.

You can buy a fox body mustang and have it running 8's for 20k if you really wanted to. Now would it be fair to say every car that can't do 8's for 20k is overprice? pos? No, it wouldn't.

The Ford GT cost 150k, and so what if its not the fasted car out there for the money? You're not buying it for top speed/acceleration, you're buying it because it's a FORD GT. One of my cousins owns 2 Lamborghini's. An older Diablo, and a new Murcielago. I wouldn't call them overpriced at all, you get what you pay for, exclusivity.

LOL

Heres another link

Pathetic in all aspects

Oh wait I just saw this. ROFL - that thing can't even beat my wife's SAAB.

pffft, ive seen tibs run 7 seconds flat in the quarter mile, turbocharged of course ;)

but 9 seconds is pretty good for a cycle, especially since its not a Crotch Rocket

??? I think most people would call a Ninja ZX-11 a crotch rocket.

But if you're referring to the RSW in my avatar, it can handle itself. I've done the quarter a shave away from 11s. It'll outrun the ZX-11 to 60mph. It has a 45 degree lean angle, fully adjustable suspension (preload, rebound and damp), Kayaba inverted front forks from the YZF, 6pot dual brembos up front and 4pot rear disc. The engine? Not you usual enemic twin: 105hp, with a monster 138ft-lbs of torque. It'll handle 99.9% of the cars out there well into the century mark without beaking a sweat. And with that torque and the 200 series rear, cars that try rollons make me laugh out loud. Its really the closest modern equivalent to the old musclebike category thats all but dead (save for the V-Max), I mean, look at that exhaust. How can you doubt it's got "Sport" in its blood?

But.... now, if you add some stickers to that thingamahowzit, you'd gain what 50hp and at least a second in the quarter, so that's all you really need to do. Or so I'm told.

(BTW- this is all in good humor - I love bantering cars and bikes. Around here in the winter all we get to do is couch race til the roads thaw anyway, so I'm warming up here for some clashes on my car forums, heh. So don't take anything the wrong way. BTW- I'm not a rice hater, 6 years ago I had a modded gen 2 Eclipse GSX. But its fun pushing buttons.)

Edited by Hillslam