Pictures of your rides

Alas, I can't drive (my religion forbids it), but I do have this sexy beast perched on my desk. And I've sat in a real one too :) (I must have mentioned this fact at least 1000 times. Believe you me, if you'd sat in a racing-spec Viper, you'd *fruitcage* brag about it too :)

vip.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car was left to me as a gift by my deceased Grandfather, which was somewhat of a come down from my Ford Mondeo, but I couldn't refuse. To its credit it does 46-47mpg, and its puny engine musters 0-60 in 12secs on a good day. As any who frequent IRC will know though, there is the ongoing epic journey that is my attempts to buy a replacement car....:)

P.S. Doc: which religion forbids driving? Or was that just a joke which flew over my head? ^_^

I swear to god I'll own a late-60s/early-70s Mustang Fastback some time...

*creams*

I had a choice between one of those or the Mazda. There's already about 4 or 5 Mustangs at my school, including the 2005 (One 2005 belongs to someone with just a permit), so I opted for the Mazda. :D

I think I remeber DN mentioning airsoft as hid religion one time. So to me, that statement meant the amount of money he puts into airsoft forbids him from affording a Viper. Especially in the UK where I believe you would have to have one imported. I would rather have a Spitfire Police Special 2000 SVT Cobra R though. Top speed of over 245 MPH on every one they made. *creams harder than Havoc did*. Got to see one last year at the Mustang's Anniversary.

Perhaps you could afford to buy the car, if you didn't spend anything on airsoft. Say you spend 3,000 a year on Airsoft, then you're left with 72,000 to spend on a car. But don't quit airsoft. Your airsoft gun can do 0-328 FPS faster than a Viper could.

She does 0-70 in about 85 seconds, carries 3000 gallons of water and the snozzle can extend 45 feet. Plus she has an engine the size of some of your cars. And I get to play with it every other day

That looks a bit small for an airfield fire truck mate. Not taking the smeg, I'm being serious. It could just be the pic makingit appear small mind you.

Ours all have 6 wheels and are simply mahusive.

fire.jpg

Edited by Eddie182
Aww, look at all the cute little British cars...  :D jk guys

It really is amazing to see the difference in cars between the countries.

#

You yanks dont get shafted for insurance. It costs me £1250 to insure myself on my 306, and im 21. Gay huh

Ok, maybe I shouldnt of got done for speeding twice, but u know...

The 306 is mine. The Elisse isnt (but im driving it)

FERG

post-5826-1118773068_thumb.jpg

post-5826-1118773567_thumb.jpg

Edited by ferg981

ColdZer0, the Jeep is my wheelin' rig, and that pic is one of the few times it's actually spotless. My area (northern NJ) is mostly woodland trails or rocks....so theres all kinds of carnage to go around :D

ferg981, insurance rates by me are riduculous.....i pay bout $4500 a year for the Jeep, and $3000 for the truck, but thats only because it's a commercial truck under the companies policy

Edited by Wood
ColdZer0, the Jeep is my wheelin' rig, and that pic is one of the few times it's actually spotless.  My area (northern NJ) is mostly woodland trails or rocks....so theres all kinds of carnage to go around  :D

ferg981, insurance rates by me are riduculous.....i pay bout $4500 a year for the Jeep, and $3000 for the truck, but thats only because it's a commercial truck under the companies policy

what!!! Are you one of those "serious risk" drivers or something? Its only 800 a year for my truck.

My primary driver: 2004 Honda Civic HX (not actual photo of my car.. but it's the same)

SI_HX_34FRONT.jpg

It's the one they don't tell you about, because they want you to buy the hybrid to attain good fuel milage.. I'm getting 38mpg city and normally 45+ highway

I also have a 1983 JEEP CJ-7 that needs significant motor work for the 350cid V8 that was dropped in, and a 1974 JEEP CJ-5 that has a tree growing through it.

Eddie, it's definitly the picture. The TI 3000s and 1500s are pretty massive. And size really isn't everything. Considering the foam(410 gallons) and the dry chemical system(410 lbs) coupled with the snozzle and both handlines, we have the ability to provide a massive amount of coverage. And when you combine the 3000 with our two Osh Kosh P-23s with 3300 gallons each, we can easily handle anything upto a MD 1011, which we get here several times a week. Our mission mainly consists of dealing with F-16s, and if we can't handle an F-16 with 3000 gallons then we are very sorry indeed.

Are you a firefighter with the RAF? I see that you are stationed at an RAF base, just wondering.

No mate not a firefighter, although I do have a few mates who are. Supply type myself.

You've managed confuse me with science there, you could have just said wet stuff come out of pointy end and fire goes out.

That pic is one of the trucks at my old base (Waddington), have no idea about the technical stuff but they are large enough to handle E-3D's (that's what's based at Waddington).

Not that they ever get used mind you, most RAF firefighters will never a see a fire outside of training. And even when one of the barrack blocks at waddo caught fire for real, it took them 10mins to arrive (from 400m down the road!!!) and the block was more or less burned down by then.

These are all the vehicles I've owned....in order. None of them are of my actual vehicle but they are all the same color and everything.

Not the exact car but pretty identical. '85 1st car

85vette.jpg

Again....Not the exact car. '96 2nd car

96%20Olds%20Ciera.jpg

Not exact car. Mine Wasn't a Rubicon but I had the Rubi wheels and tires. '03 3rd car.

03-wrangler-hero.jpg

Not exact. Mine's better looking. '05 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT. Current Vehicle.

FordExplorerSportTracXLT.jpg

sp00n, it's the area i live in....everything is 10X what it oughtta be....a lifted Jeep Wrangler is a pain to get insured as it is with my policy...it went down a little bit a year ago when i turned 21, and added a second vehicle...but anything around here is way expensive...homes, taxes, insurance, etc. etc.