Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction:

The S40 uses the Volvo S40/V50 chassis, not some shoddy american rubbish.

And for the record, Saab engines SUCK in terms of reliability.

Still they are quite nice cars.

But they've got a bit too much understeer for my taste, though.

Under no circumstances is it my intention to start a discussion, but it is a fact that the Volvo S40 is built on the current Ford Focus platform, as I have mentioned above. Also, this platform is not "some shoddy american rubbish", but an excellent platform with a lot of potential. Please compare your informations with those provided by any review of any qualified magazine around and you will see that you were wrong. Anyway, no reason to be so aggressive.

On another note, the reliability-issues of Saab engines are not present any more in the newer models, provided you don't make excessive use of the turbo-charger right after starting the car, ignoring the recommended warm-up phase.

There is not a lot understeer too in the current 9-3 series, since the Saab ReAxs system, which basically makes the rear wheels turn with the front wheels, eliminates most of it. What there is, however, is a lot of "tension" in the steering wheel during extreme accelerations in corners.

May I ask you, if you have personaly driven the new 9-3 series?

A couple of my little MR2 - which is currently for sale (£5500) if anyone wants it...

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/Tall...gAnch=imgAnch29

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/Tall...gAnch=imgAnch20

Good fun 300bhp 300lbs torque.... but not a big enough boot for me to get all my airsoft gear in.... So someone please buy it so I can get a mondeo st220.

Under no circumstances is it my intention to start a discussion, but it is a fact that the Volvo S40 is built on the current Ford Focus platform, as I have mentioned above. Also, this platform is not "some shoddy american rubbish", but an excellent platform with a lot of potential. Please compare your informations with those provided by any review of any qualified magazine around and you will see that you were wrong. Anyway, no reason to be so aggressive. 

On another note, the reliability-issues of Saab engines are not present any more in the newer models, provided you don't make excessive use of the turbo-charger right after starting the car, ignoring the recommended warm-up phase. 

There is not a lot understeer too in the current 9-3 series, since the Saab ReAxs system, which basically makes the rear wheels turn with the front wheels, eliminates most of it. What there is, however, is a lot of "tension" in the steering wheel during extreme accelerations in corners. 

May I ask you, if you have personaly driven the new 9-3 series?

My bad, I thought the S40 platform was built solely by volvo. Now I know it is a joint project with both Ford and Mazda.

And no, I have not driven the new 9-3, but if they truly are as good as you say they are I might take one out for a test drive.

Hetzer, you beat me to it.  :(

We make rubbish, huh? The land who made the corvette makes rubbish? Please clarify.  :)

On a related note.... corvette > all

Porsche Cayman > Corvette

Anyways, Volvo 242 GT PWNS Y00!

Edited by Moriquende
And no, I have not driven the new 9-3, but if they truly are as good as you say they are I might take one out for a test drive.

Well, since I own one, I can't tell. :)

My guess is that the new S40 might be the overall more balanced and probably "better" car, if it's possible to say such a thing, but you have to have driven a Saab to understand the magic surrounding them. ;)

HA! I would rather have a corvette zo6 then a night with Cindy Crawford. That's saying something! I would assume that the bragging rights on the car would even be more...  ;)

Screw her, I'd take the Corvette and sleep with HOTTER girls EVERY night :P

-Mike

:cookiemonster: