Pictures of your rides

Fizzy, what skyline is it?

Playa, I'm in U.K, so the M3 is a real one, not the U.S spec, although it is a left hand drive, I imported it from Germany, more direct throttle response, brakes and turn in, compared to our right hand drive versions( I know as I owned a RHD for 12 months before this one, also had an E30 M3 before that....wish I'd never sold it!).....the E36 M3 emmissions I think are too high for the U.S, although its actually lower than my Volvo, hence cheaper road tax!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's all sorts of restictions on importing it, in that it usually won't pass safety regulations. I think there's only about 1 company in the US that is allowed to import them (or at least there was about 12 months ago). I've seen a few track\drag ones over there though.

Actually, the car may be going to Holland. Some Dutch guy is interested in having it, he's just checking out what he needs to do to get it registered in Holland.

not sure, but i believe that the company was MotorRex. i think it had to shut down because of some scandal or somewhat. read about it in Sport Compact Car. I really want a skyline though R32 or R33 would be perfect. R34 would be beyond perfection, especially the Nismo one, the new custom one. i don't really like the newer ones, especially the new, 2007 GTR that's coming to the US. Would take an Evo over that any day.

not sure, but i believe that the company was MotorRex.  i think it had to shut down because of some scandal or somewhat.  read about it in Sport Compact Car.  I really want a skyline though R32 or R33 would be perfect.  R34 would be beyond perfection, especially the Nismo one, the new custom one.  i don't really like the newer ones, especially the new, 2007 GTR that's coming to the US.  Would take an Evo over that any day.

Yeah, MotorX hasn't updated their site in a long time. I think the fact they were charging people 100k and up for an R34 had something to do with it. I've been checking out http://www.japan-partner.com/ from time to time, they list the Skylines when they have them.

I cheked out ebay UK on a whim and importing a used one from the UK would still be cheaper I think....

Yep, Motorex are the ones. Never heard anything good about them, or even that after parting with $100k they actually managed to get a Skyline on the road legally.

If you're seriously looking into importing one, have a search round here:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/

I'm sure the question's been asked a few times

Trust me, the Caddy DeVilles are piles of shat. Itll fall apart about every three years, the NorthStar V8 is a pile, and compared to some of the post-Y2K cars that Cads has produced. Much better out there. I lurve the CTS me-self. BUT, im not you. So if you want a DeVille and get one, and that makes you happy, then thats great :)

Yeah... most US cars usually suck compared to German mades, but it'd be a Cadillac ;) gotta love that fat rear end!

I consider a 90's Lincoln Town Car, too...

Here's my new aquisition/creation. Lots of sweat and tears.

1969 Chevrolet El Camino

Corvette LS1 engine 400hp

Currie 9 inch rear axle

Brembo Brakes

Shaved door handles

One piece side windows

Removed all the trim and spot welding on the bed, as well as rain gutters on windows

Integrated rear bumper into roll pan and custom european license plate recess

Modified front bumper

1965 El Camino taillights

Additional lights to meet European standards

Custom rims with matching steering wheel

Custom leather ineterior with bucket seats

69elcamino02.jpg

69elcamino01.jpg

Edited by NOE15
Here's my new aquisition/creation. Lots of sweat and tears.

1969 Chevrolet El Camino

Corvette LS1 engine 400hp

Currie 9 inch rear axle

Brembo Brakes

Shaved door handles

One piece side windows

Removed all the trim and spot welding on the bed, as well as rain gutters on windows

Integrated rear bumper into roll pan and custom european license plate recess

Modified front bumper

1965 El Camino taillights

Additional lights to meet European standards

Custom rims with matching steering wheel

Custom leather ineterior with bucket seats

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Cana...9elcamino02.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/Cana...9elcamino01.jpg

That´s awesome man!!!!! :o , Congratulations in such a beautiful ride.

NOE15, how's the handling on that thing?

Awesome! The original suspension configuration was well designed, so we didn't have to hack anything up. It had a rear triangulated 4 link. Up front it had dual A arms. We just upgraded the quality of the hardware, and used Eibach springs with Bilstein shocks. The ride is nice and firm without being very stiff. Haven't really tried any hardcore driving yet since I'm still breaking in the engine, brakes and rest of vehicle. I'm extremly pleased with the outcome :)

I use to have a 90 & 91 Honda CRX Si. .but I had to sell it and get a bigger vehicle for the new addition to the family. . .

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sportwagon (i've since added a Yakima Land Warrior roof basket. . planning for a bigger Turbo)

frontdriverfixed.jpg

I've left ALOT of cars in the dust. .with my WAGON. . LOL

Nice WRX!!! I just traded mine in for this car. I had an '05 STI, before this, an 02 WRX with STi swap and 1993 Impreza that I turboed. I'm a Subaru guy at heart, and this is the first time in a long time I'm without one...

2006 Pontiac GTO (That's a Vauxhall Monaro VXR for you on the other side of the pond)

GTO1.jpg

GTO2.jpg

And yes, that is my actual car.

Edited by Blugin