Pictures of your rides

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 Chevy Camaro 3.4L

Yeah, it's a small engine. it only puts out 160hp due to some intake manifold restrictions. I am going to swap the top end of a 99 grand am gt onto the motor and that should give me about 185hp and 230 torques.

_MG_9882.jpg

IMG_9875.jpg

n589554874_1257982_4863.jpg

I fully rebuilt the engine, it was trashed before.

n589554874_1257917_4899.jpg

n589554874_1257921_7018.jpg

How the heck did all that water get in there?

And so I don't spam. Pics of my new auto. :D

IMG_9126.jpg

IMG_9125.jpg

IMG_9129.jpg

IMG_9131.jpg

Volvo 244 GLT -91

Some minor cometical things need to be fixed, but everything else is top notch. Barely any rust at all.

Edited by Moriquende
My car in ze "snow".

-Snip

Wow excellent 2 Series Moriquende!

I've always had a soft spot for them!

Here is my old one, an '80 GT, she was beautiful until I let the neighbor kid borrow it one day- He got t-boned and my GT was no more.....snif-snif

80242GT1a.png

I also had a '95 850 T5r, chipped, also a fantastic car until I let my ex-wife borrow it and she got rear-ended...

...hmmm maybe there is a lesson about loaning my cars out there somewhere :rolleyes:

Edited by Guinness
Wow excellent 2 Series Moriquende!

I've always had a soft spot for them!

Here is my old one, an '80 GT, she was beautiful until I let the neighbor kid borrow it one day- He got t-boned and my GT was no more.....snif-snif

80242GT1a.png

I also had a '95 850 T5r, chipped, also a fantastic car until I let my ex-wife borrow it and she got rear-ended...

...hmmm maybe there is a lesson about loaning my cars out there somewhere :rolleyes:

Thanks Guinness. Mine's a GT aswell, a -79.

Although, as I've stated before, it's not really mine. I only care for it.

Sorry to about your GT, they are a rarity these days. In Sweden there are only about 50 of them left(not many were sold) and fewer than 20 are still in traffic. :(

I do hope you properly thanked the kid for taking such good care of your pride and joy. :devil:

*Edit*

I just remembered, my dad used to own a dark green 855 GLT which was also chipped. That thing went like rocket.

Head gaskets blown to Hades. That engine was also on fire twice. B)

Wow, I see what you mean when said it was thrashed. :blink:

Edited by Moriquende

So I totaled my old faithful truck 3 weeks ago when some wank pulled out in front of me. I got a hefty check from the insurance company a week later and began my hunt for a new Colemobile. After a week of less than stellar results I found an ad on Craigslist for a 2002 CVPI with 102k miles for only $3k. So I went to take a look at it last Thursday. The previous owner put $500 worth of parts and at least $1500 worth of labor into it and just wanted out for a smaller car. So I happily bought the car and proceeded to grin with joy as I fired it up. All I can say is DAAAYUM this car is FAST! I love this car and I got it for far less than it is worth. Kbb placed the value at $7500 so I saved $4500. So yeah this car is a beast, plus I can freak out my friends because its a cop car.

0216091459.jpg

0216091502.jpg

0217091745.jpg

Here we go, I got it because when I got out the army we only needed one car and my mrs wanted to keep her bloody horrible 1.3 N reg ford fiesta.

I hated that car but it has finally died.

So, the new car, we needed it in a hurry to get up to Scotland for my Gran's 90th so I was able to convince the wife to let me have this.

vRS1.jpg

It is a 2001 Skoda Octavia vRS.

It's a 1.8 20v Turbo, nice bullet proof engine that has lots of tuning potential.

When I got it the front suspension needed new coils and the head unit didn't fit, the heated rear window was constantly on and the air-con was broken.

I have sorted all the problems out, and it cost less than 2 grand all-in.

It is quite nicely specced with sat-nav and rear parking sensors etc but I have a few things to do yet.

I'll get the cruise control, steering wheel controls and a new head unit that has a better GPS maps, bluetooth and CD/DVD/MP3/USB/SD/AUX inputs instead of the 6CD changer.

I'll sort out the suspension (coilovers, anti roll bars strut braces and poly bushes) then the brakes, possibly porsche units, they fit all the bolt holes, perhaps some new wheels too.

Engine-wise I'll just make her breathe more easily and sort out the mapping, I don't want to take it so far that it ruins the in town drive, just tighten everything up.

I'm going to leave it pretty much stock outside, lightly tint the windows, black out the chrome and the exhaust and get some HID lights.

I'll take my time on this, it's not going anywhere.

When I get my new job and there is a bit more money kicking about I like the idea of the 4x4 version too, it has 30 less brake but more tuning potential.

vRS2.jpg

vRS3.jpg

vRS4.jpg

I love how stealthy it is, I've surprised quite a few boy racers in it :-).

The new project

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

1965 Dodge Coronet

As of now no motor or tranny, but it does have a posi rear end with 4.10's in it, a ratchet shifter, and it's mini-tubbed (it's holding 13" Mickeys back there right now) .

Soon to have a 440 (maybe with 6 Pak carbs), 727 automatic, Fresh paint (Either bright yellow w/ black hood or Plum Crazy purple)

Quite a bit of work to be done to the interior as well, should be fun to drive when we are done though!

Cromag

Edited by cromag

Nice cars gents. :)

Thought I'd share some more pics of my new one now that I've finally had some time to go over it. There are few defects...

IMG_3944.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

The clear coat has come off in a few places. Neither me, my dad or the previous owner has any idea why and what makes it even weirder is that it is the original colour. :huh:

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

I don't really like the interior, but it is in VERY good condition exept for the rather nasty stain on rear right seat. I don't think I'll have any problems getting it cleaned off, though.

IMG_3955.jpg

Engine bay... is rather dirty. The loose cables are from the extra headlights that have been removed(they didn't do much to improve the lighting IMO).

IMG_3947.jpg

A squirrel has apparently been living under the battery or something.

IMG_3991.jpg

Generator mouting/tension bracket is broken so they fixed it with a band(or what it's called). Doesn't look pretty, but it works.

Gonna replace it with a new bracket as soon as I and my dad has time to spare.

IMG_3989.jpg

Shot of the AC, which doesn't work. It's going to be removed ASAP.

Doing so will probably save me atleast 10kg and a few HP.

IMG_3983.jpg

Shot of the ABS system(pretty rare on even on late 240s), which doesn't work ither. :P

If you can't find it, it's to left of where the battery is supposed to be.

You can also see the servo there, it's going to be removed aswell to save weight and HP.

Edited by Moriquende

IMG_3981.jpg

Extra electric fan(don't ask why it's there, it's not standard nor is it an option part), which doesn't work ither...

It's also going to removed.

IMG_3965.jpg

Over 290000KMs and it still runs like a clock, gearbox is very tight too. Volvo quality. ;)

All in all there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done, more than I've listed here cause I don't wan't bore you. ;)

Sorry for all the pics but I felt like sharing them. Also, please excuse the blurryness and off lighting. It's hard to take good pics in a garage with a less than ideal camera.

Edited by Moriquende