UK retailer that will upgrade spring on an MP7?

darkchild130

Hello, i want to get a 1J spring in my TM MP7 but Zeroone and Combat South both refuse to upgrade them, without giving a reason. So im left wondering is it possible to upgrade the spring on a MP7?

And more importantly, does anyone know of anywhere in the UK that will do it?

Thanks.

Darkchild

'Upping the 7' isn't too hard, the problem is sourcing parts.

As for 1 jule, well, as yet, the best I have personally seen is 300fps, with the lalax uprated spring.

I don't know of a manufactured spring that will deliver more than this.

No idea who would carry out this work. Try AA or give it a go yourself. I did, it ain't that hard. If I can do it etc. :D

The box is tiny but strong, if you can get enough power into the motor (without it burning out) larger springs (& therefore fps) must be possible,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you can get one. :rolleyes:

Erm, they gave no reason? Did you ask nicely? I am very surprised that neither of these suppliers would take the time to explain why not. Not that they need to, but just out of politeness. What happened? Did you phone them & speak to them? They said no? You said why? & they hung up?????????? :mellow:

Greg.

They said it was too much work for too little gain, which isnt very specific. Im not doing it myself, i have no interest in the technical aspect of airsoft, my knowledge is limited to changing hop rubber and inner barrels.

I'll ask fire support next, thanks :)

Darkchild

I guess they mean that it's a lot of hassle to do the job and doesn't give good results. Although I don't know why that should be - the MP7 shoots about 250fps as stock, upping it to 330 is an extra 80fps - that's a pretty siginificant increase.

Perhaps suitable springs and other parts are hard to source for the AEP size gearboxes?

Just out of curiousity, why do you want to do this? The stock 250fps is fine for indoor CQB use, and the MP7 itself isn't really suited for outdoor medium-to-long range engagements (in my opinion, of course)...

EDIT: I've got Nineball tightbores in my MP7s, they give me a few extra fps.

Just out of curiousity, why do you want to do this? The stock 250fps is fine for indoor CQB use, and the MP7 itself isn't really suited for outdoor medium-to-long range engagements (in my opinion, of course)...

EDIT: I've got Nineball tightbores in my MP7s, they give me a few extra fps.

I just want my gun to perform to the best of its ability. After i get somebody to upgrade the spring ill stick a tightbore and decent hop rubber in it.

And i will be using it outdoors, using CQB weapons outdoors is kinda my thing. It helps me run around like a lunatic better.

Darkchild

One of the reasons might also be that if they are unlucky enough that a gear breaks while it's in their care they'd have to break up another complete mp7 just for the parts :( There are no spare gears for the MP7... or spare anything for that matter. Though i'd echo greg and say that the little thing is defo very tough.

I use my 290 fps MP7 as my primary every time i go to Urban Assult which is a FIBUA site and i don't find myself significantly outranged by normal AEG at 328 fps :) (it was at 315 at one point but sadly the spring has since settled to the standard 280-300 level of most upgraded mp7)

Good luck with it mate, it'll be worth it when it's done and you'll love it hehe.

I just want my gun to perform to the best of its ability. After i get somebody to upgrade the spring ill stick a tightbore and decent hop rubber in it.

And i will be using it outdoors, using CQB weapons outdoors is kinda my thing. It helps me run around like a lunatic better.

Darkchild

I'd stick a tightbore in it first, just putting the 6.03 in mine gave nearly 15+fps more.

Like you, I love using mine outdoors, it makes you think more tactically (read 'sneaky') :P .

With it's lack of size and weight, it makes running around so much more bearable and practical.

I have a Laylax/Nineball upgrade spring sitting here, unused, still in it's packet.

I bought it with the MP7 when I was in HK and never fitted it.

Partly because I didn't want to risk anything breaking (because of the lack of replacements available), and partly because I was so happy with it's performance with just the tightbore.

PM pending...

unless you can get a broken mp7 for cheap then spares are hard to come by in the uk, you can get them from HK and the US but i havent found anyone doing a kit with all the bits in which is a shame. If you are really after upgrading your mp7, try finding a metal working comapany and ask them to do you a few copies of the gears, as they are the only bits you cant buy spare.

I have some MAG midcaps for mine and they all misfeed for about the first 20 or 30 rounds. Is this a common problem?

Im going to buy some STAR midcaps and replace the hop rubber (i noticed that the full range of adjustment on the hop dial did absolutely nothing) as well as bunging a tightbore in it.

Im slightly confused about the misfeed issue though.

@Doc: PM replied

Darkchild

yep, my mag 100 round midcaps have the same problem. I figured it was the spring in the mag being too strong rather than too weak and causing the nozzle to have trouble pushing forward, resulting in misfeeding, followed by low fps, followed by normal operation.

I left my mags fully loaded when in storage and they seem to only misfeed the first 10 or so now.

Archived