Vltor M4K

Skintband

I have purchased a KA VIS and I want to attempt to turn it into a Vltor M4K. I was wondering what m203 launcher to get and grenades? Thanks in advance.

Hi Skintband,

I suggest using the G&P M203 (short version, Real-type delta ring mount). Do note, you'll also need to purchase the QD -front mount in order to mount it properly and also a custom cut-barrel to about 12.5". Here are some characteristics of the M4K you might want to note:

-Stag Arms lower receiver with VLTOR markings on opposite side

-VLTOR VIS-1 Upper receiver

-VLTOR Tower sight

-VLTOR Mod-stock

-Tangodown Grip

-Custom 12.5" barrel with VLTOR Flashider

-Bushmaster M203 (Short) (However the COLTS will do just fine!)

-Troy Rear flip sight

On my M4K, I decided to go with a VLTOR Clubfoot stock and a Magpul grip & trigger guard instead.

Here's a picture of mine without the M203. I'll post a picture with the M203 a little later on.

gallery_59097_1566_11899.jpg

Here's a list of the components I used:

-Boom Arms Stag Arms Lower receiver (with VLTOR Markings)

-Dytac VLTOR VIS-1

-KA VLTOR Tower Sight

-KA Troy Rear Flip Sight

-Real Stell VLTOR Clubfoot stock

-Magpul PTS MIAD Grip

-Magpul enhanced trigger guard

-KA Custom Cut & dyed 12.5" barrel

-KA VLTOR Flashider

-G&P M203 Grenade Launcher (Short) (Not shown)

A while back when I did mine, I had both a G&P and a Guarder 14.5" outer barrel cut down to approximately 12.5" (cut at the point just before the barrel makes a final step up towards the end of the barrel). You also want the PROUD replica of the VLTOR Flashhider. Most of the "Vltor" flashhiders currently available are the civilian model whereas the replica made by Proud was the M4K version which differed in the rear as it has an M203 mounting interface.

Here's mine:

gallery_29472_1525_128814.jpg

As for the M203 sight on the real M4K, I believe it's made by LMT, and no replicas are made of it.

A while back when I did mine, I had both a G&P and a Guarder 14.5" outer barrel cut down to approximately 12.5" (cut at the point just before the barrel makes a final step up towards the end of the barrel). You also want the PROUD replica of the VLTOR Flashhider. Most of the "Vltor" flashhiders currently available are the civilian model whereas the replica made by Proud was the M4K version which differed in the rear as it has an M203 mounting interface.

Here's mine:

gallery_29472_1525_128814.jpg

As for the M203 sight on the real M4K, I believe it's made by LMT, and no replicas are made of it.

USCMCorps, Very nice! Which upper and lower recievers did you use?

USCMCorps, Very nice! Which upper and lower recievers did you use?

DYTac uppers. Gen 1 G&P lowers (no STAG Arms markings, but at least they got the VLTOR logo on the correct side unlike King Arms).

Oh... and mostly RS furniture (RS VLTOR Flip UP Front Sight Tower, RS CASV-M with front sight, RS EOtechs, RS MOD Stocks, RS Troy Rear BUIS, RS Troy Professional Series Sling Mount, RS VLTOR light mount with Surfire G2, RS TangoDOwn grip, RS Magpul Ranger Plate).

Hey uscmCorps, is there any way to fit the GL closer to the receiver? Or is that the closest you could do?

The gun's currently broken down. Not sure if I can get them any closer together.

I'd love to see the one with the M203 with the new Magpul M203 trigger guard.

Do you have a pic? I hadn't heard of that.

Anybody know if the DYTAC VIS will fit on a king arms lower? Also will KA barrel fit on the DYTAC VIS?

I don't believe the DYTac VIS will work on a KA Lower. The DYTac VIS was made to be 100% compatible with G&P parts, whereas KA kinda did things to their own spec. A KA barrel should fit the DYTac VIS without any problems.

I was looking for the correct trades and noticed this mbk seems a little steep http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24660

anybody have any alternative suggestions?

That is the only one out there with correct trades. King Arms' are inaccurate. G&P's original receivers (which I used), while they're not perfect, at least they got the VLTOR marking on the correct (right) side.

I was looking for the correct trades and noticed this mbk seems a little steep http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24660

anybody have any alternative suggestions?

That is very interesting on the trigger guard.

Thanks for posting the pic

Hi Skintband,

That's the one i used. I used the upper MUR-1 for another application and the lower for the M4K. Unfortunately, I don't believe there is another AEG receiver out there which has both the STAG ARMS & VLTOR markings on it.

Archived