RAV/Paraclete Discussion

Troubadour

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is basically my worst nightmare. I'm coming into a substantial sum of free cash soon (thank you, university grants) and I wanted to put most of it towards a freefall course, but oh no, smokey greeny goodness just has to tempt me away. Oh god, oh god no. I'm not sure I can withstand the temptation. :(

I hate you all, and I hate Paraclete for designing such an awesome looking rig.

This thread is basically my worst nightmare. I'm coming into a substantial sum of free cash soon (thank you, university grants) and I wanted to put most of it towards a freefall course, but oh no, smokey greeny goodness just has to tempt me away. Oh god, oh god no. I'm not sure I can withstand the temptation. :(

I hate you all, and I hate Paraclete for designing such an awesome looking rig.

You can resell a RAV, you can't resell classes...

Yeah, but once you're a fullied qualified skydiver you can make money back by packing 'chutes. (It won't ever be much, but its something)

Plus freefall is so damn awesome!

It's just a case of comparing Cordura to throwing myself out of a plane. At the moment, the plane is winning. :)

Here is mine:

Picture106.jpg

Picture107.jpg

Right to left on the cummerbund:

2X double M4 mag pouches

triple 9mm pistol mag pouch

double M4 mag pouch

upright general purpose pouch with carabineer and SOF tournie

2X frag pouches

upper chest:

firing system pouch

back:

RAV zip-off pouch back panel with 3L camelbak stashed in the hydro slot.

Im currently in the process of really re-working this rig. I would like to get a woodland or smoke green firing system pouch, two TXI shingles to go under the cummerbund, a TXII shingle to go on the cummerbund, and MBITR pouch.

Is the IFAK alright back there on the rear panel? I know it's used to treat YOU, rather than you using it to treat someone else, but it still looks inaccessible. If you were shot and laid out on your back, your team mates would have to roll you over once to pull out the stuff inside, if not more than once, depending on how you've packed it.

Is the IFAK alright back there on the rear panel? I know it's used to treat YOU, rather than you using it to treat someone else, but it still looks inaccessible. If you were shot and laid out on your back, your team mates would have to roll you over once to pull out the stuff inside, if not more than once, depending on how you've packed it.

Its there because thats just the way it was made on the back panel. I may decide to get a paraclete SOF aid pouch in the front, or a small medical pouch for like a hemo dressing or something. Having it on the back there isnt as in-accessable as I first thought before I got it. I can manage to open it and feel around easily for what Im getting.

Because these photos are from about 5 years ago, the specifics of why I had what setup where are lost to me, but nevertheless, some RAV Photos. -

rav05.jpg

HSGI holster, Recce Gear dump pouch, (In the back) the rest is Paraclete.

rav03.jpg

All Paraclete

rav04.jpg

All Paraclete

I remember some of these had the contact email address listed on the tag as "Paracle777@aol.com" :)

Fair enough. I didn't realise it was actually designed as an IFAK - I assumed you'd just drawn the cross on there and designated it as such. :)

Wrench Bender, very true mate, but surely if a guy goes down and he's in a position where moving him at all is going to be life-threatening (bullet lodged somewhere awkward, say, or a broken neck), having to roll him to access his IFAK would be a bad thing?

Not arguing, just wondering why Paraclete designed it to sit right back there. :)

There are different ways to move people who are injured, I only have basic life saving skills as were needed for my duties in the service but those are some of the skill sets I remember.

As for why Paraclete put it there, all I can say is it was most likely end user requested.

There are different ways to move people who are injured, I only have basic life saving skills as were needed for my duties in the service but those are some of the skill sets I remember.

As for why Paraclete put it there, all I can say is it was most likely end user requested.

The concept of putting it there, and back panels in general also have got a bit of history too, starting with the PBPV II and AWS DA vest.

And if anyone was wondering, here was where I got my inspiration for putting the camelbak in panel slot.

http://www.specwargear.com/images/armor&am...0customed-2.jpg

That looks like a DCU 3L secured with a carabineer to the drag handles, and the hydro is between the velcro on the vest and the back panel (assuming the early Paraclete DA didnt have a hydro slot).

Because the side with the velcro and the seam created by the two flaps should be facing up, which would then orient the padding side down on your shoulders...

All you guys suck because i am going to have to get one now too.

There is a pic of a SF guy somewhere and he has 6 mags going across behind the bund, is he just a big guy or do most people restrict to 4 mags back there. I realize that would entail 2 of the triple pouches with the velcro on both sides

Archived