RAV/Paraclete Discussion

Troubadour

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The shoulder protectors (armor) and the shoulder pads (foam) are the same item with the exception that the armor has armor in it and the pad has padding in it.

http://www.msafrontline.com/catalog/product501260.html

http://www.msafrontline.com/catalog/product501387.html

The cordura, velcro, and webbing are the same. Its not wrong, its just not the pad. I don't know if I have any photos of both in use at the same time.

Mine arrived this morning from good old Redwolf. Word of warning, it may say Large on the website but the one I received was a Medium. Yes its Pantac and not the Dogs ######s that is Paraclete, but it does for me. Here with an MP5 setup.

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

DSC00132-1.jpg

DSC00133-1.jpg

Phone camera and bad photographer (me).

cheers.

Quite so...

Pete, is it possible to get some hi-res shots with a better camera maybe?

I'll see what I can do. Pistol pouches on the top front are Pantac OD (for comparison), other pouches are Guarder & unknown condura stuff Ive had for some time. Will post when/if i can.

The quality of the vest is quite something for the price, really gotta hand it to Pantac, it is descent quality stuff. cheers.

Wow. I'm really surprised at the color of the Pantac. It looks like a better attempt then Pantac's attempt at CB, which is more golden-olive then CB. This may change my mind about Pantac's new SG line........

Got any actual Paraclete pouches to compare the color to?

I know, but I thought you said it went in the same place as the pads?

I suppose it could go in the same spot as the pads, but I always remember seeing armor on the outside like that. But I'm just a lowly airballer. If you wanted to use the pads and the armor concurrently, one would have to go on the outside.

Quite frankly I'm not doing it for what looks right or wrong, and since I haven't got the funds atm Ive put on what I had. It carries my hyrdation bladder and anything else I can't put into pouches so Im happy with it. Admitted the colour doesnt match but doesn't bother me.

cheers.

P.S: tomo: looks alright to me ;)

Archived