Pictures of you in the field or at a game

Chris Costa's funky technique places the stock closer to the sternum than to the shoulder joint... then with some weapons it's hard to look through the sights,

Rereading what you wrote, that's actually not what Costa does when he shoulders the weapon. What Costa does is shift his weight forwards, slightly bends the knees, slight bend forwards in the waist, leans forwards a little and puts his weight into the weapon, rolls his shoulders forwards into the weapon and has the stock between the pectoral and shoulder mass (presenting a recoil abutment). The center line of the bore is tucked into that area. As if the gun is against a concrete wall. The elbows are in tight, keeping the tension set through the shoulders, translating down the arm and into the weapon.

You're not supposed to put the stock on your chest, you're putting it in the crease between the meat of your shoulder and your chest muscle.

shouldering.jpg

The reason why it feels awkward is the stance forces your torso to be squared up on the target which means in order for the weapon to still be pointed down range you need to really roll your shoulders forward. Another reason why it feels awkward is that doing that, to get your support hand far up on the handguard for maximum control, you really have to reach oddly far forwards on the handguard.

Basically, try and do an isosceles pistol stance with your rifle/SMG. Then while in that stance draw back your fire control hand (your left hand as you're a lefty) so that the stock is between the shoulder and chest. Being a SMG, your support hand in the above pic is fine where it is, or you can move it forwards onto the handguard keeping your thumb inline with the bore.

That's how Costa does it, and how he teaches it. That said, he also recommends you do whatever is appropriate for your own unique body ergonomics that allows you to maintain 100% control of your weapon. ;)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no photoshop expert but I can't help but notice a slight problem here...  

From the post apoc larp game with airsoft called "Blodsband" in Sweden. 3 day event with 700 people. Pretty much like fallout.   Me and my tribe "Stammen", im the one with feathers in the mask.  

Posted Images

From the weekend... with something a little different than your usual airsofting pics... we were filming a short re-enactment movie... the locals find it interesting, so I thought I'd post some pics here...

DSC04180.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7042.jpg

Edited by raito
Looks like a scene out of 24.

Man, if I was Jack Bauer I would have immediately shot one of the referees so I could infiltrate the organization of cardboard IPSC targets and get my daughter back. Honored by the comparison though--JB is da man!

Here's one from a regular CQC match at the same venue; if I remember correctly the mission was "assault the crackhouse":

DSCF0198.jpg

I can't wait to get my GBBR shooting under 350 so I can dish out some shock & awe at this place.

usmcCorps, damn i love your mask... What kind of net are you protecting your eyes with?

Thanks matato. Yeah, it's about half way down page 5 of that thread:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t&p=1838891

Man, if I was Jack Bauer I would have immediately shot one of the referees so I could infiltrate the organization of cardboard IPSC targets and get my daughter back. Honored by the comparison though--JB is da man!

Here's one from a regular CQC match at the same venue; if I remember correctly the mission was "assault the crackhouse":

I can't watch 24 anymore. It's not that I don't like it. Quite the opposite, I REALLY like it. But it stresses me out too much. My GF and I basically watched each season on DVD over the course of two days per season. We'd walk away from each season feeling amped and stressed ... we had to stop after season 3. :P

That CQC location looks great! Where is it if I may ask?

...I can't watch 24 anymore. It's not that I don't like it. Quite the opposite, I REALLY like it. But it stresses me out too much. My GF and I basically watched each season on DVD over the course of two days per season. We'd walk away from each season feeling amped and stressed ... we had to stop after season 3. :P

That CQC location looks great! Where is it if I may ask?

In Riverside, muther****er!

It's a little bit of a drive for me but by all accounts the best indoor airsoft in Southern California. I haven't been lately but I hear they revamped the layout with vehicles and stuff. Official site: http://www.riversidecqc.com/

Found a few more good shots from their practical shooting event; I can't stress how fun that was:

SPweb37.jpgSPweb81.jpgSPweb82.jpg

As for "24", my girlfriend and I did the same thing, only we watched the whole mess over the course of a month. The show was WAY over the top, but Jack Bauer will go down in history as TV's most epic regular guy. If there were 10 more seasons I would watch them all.

In Riverside, muther****er!

Hmmm ... a bit of a drive for me at about 1 hour 15 mins (I'm on the Westside). But it maybe worth it. My team and I need better indoor sites to practice at. I may have to check it out! :)

Looking good. I like the mask, where did you get it?

Info's been posted. See my last post.