Pictures of you in the field or at a game

Are you guys all ex-para 33lima? :)

No we're not paras! But site operator Sam and several regular players including myself are ex-forces (mostly local Army regts, Regular and UDR or TA, but including RAF Regt, R Sigs etc).

We did have an ex-3 Para guy up on Sunday for his first visit having seen our stand and display on Armed Forces Day and he seemed thoroughly to enjoy what he saw.

The regulars at Foxtrot 58 are organised into (currently) 3 platoons with an "SNCO" in charge (cadres rather than full platoons). Each platoon is "based" on an inf regt and wears its headgear - 1 Platoon Royal Marines Commando, 2 Platoon Royal Irish Regt, 3 Platoon, which I got allocated, the maroon machine. We emphasise team play and the sides on each day tend to be organised around the platoon cadres, with a trained soldier leading and able to provide a more realistic experience and helping people learn and apply reasonably realistic tactics, while still having fun. We're conscious that some people object to airsofters "wearing stuff they're not entitled to" but don't overdo it and think of it more as a respectful homage to the people who do it for real - as some of the regulars have done, and others still do.

Ivor

Edited by 33lima
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no photoshop expert but I can't help but notice a slight problem here...  

From the post apoc larp game with airsoft called "Blodsband" in Sweden. 3 day event with 700 people. Pretty much like fallout.   Me and my tribe "Stammen", im the one with feathers in the mask.  

Posted Images

what the heck are you doing in that first pic ?

He's firing from the ear obviously - just like most airsofters fire from the hip ;)

Frankly, weird poses are often seen in danish airsoft, and I can't say I'm surprised.

With those ROFs and muzzle velocities I'd be scared as hell and trying to minimize the chance of being hit myself as well :P

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor

Liking those pictures mate, definitely has that 'almost looks real' element to the kit. Any chance of a kit/guns list? There's a couple of bits that are quite interesting.

Crye Precision Multicam Baseball Cap

Issue BDU Shirt

-RAID Modded, IR Flag

Issue BDU Trousers

-Tan Belt

Petzl Cordex Rappel Gloves, Tan

OnPatrol MOLLE Belt, Multicam

1no. Flyye Industries 5.56 Magazine Pouch, Khaki

1no. Flyye Industries Double Pistol Pouch, Khaki

1no. Flyye Industries Medical Pouch, Ranger Green

Blackhawk SERPA Drop-Leg Holster, Black

Flyye Industries PACA Personal Armor Carrier, Ranger Green

-Issue Soft Armour Inserts

Flyye Industries FAPC, Khaki

-Replica SAPI Plates

Flyye Industries Double 5.56 Magazine Pouch, Khaki

Flyye Industries MBITR Pouch, Ranger Green

Kifaru E&E Backpack, Multicam

-2no. Fortis Industries Smoke Grenade Pouches, Multicam

TCI Liberator III Headset

-Nexus U-94 PTT

Motorola Talkabout T5522 Radio

MBITR Radio Shell + Whip Antenna

IR Cyalumes

LifeSystems First Aid Kit

HiTec V-Lite GTX Hiking Boots

Colt M4A1 Assault Rifle

-AimPoint CompM4, BUIS, Fenix TK21 Torch

Beretta M9 Pistol

At the stan with airsoft commandos, we were the drug cartels protecting our "woof woof" factory, the coalition forces had to collect our woof woof and money stashes :)

great pics, and a great site :)

Im gutted I missed that :( weird to see my team in civvies :s

but you would have missed our jolly jaunt :D

Whats with the helicopter?

Well, we rescued a teammate who was wounded and captured, so we called in a CASEVAC from our air support; it was just a two man bird so the gunner joined our squad. Isn't that what you would do?

DSCF0871.jpg

(me on the top left, about to hit the dirt)

>> securing extraction point

>> extraction point has a helicopter actually taking off

Jealous!

Thanks; I've seen other SoCal games with helicopters but for safety's sake this action was staged with empty mags. The local paintballers were duly impressed, and it WAS incredibly fun, but I'm paying for it now trying to clean a pound of grit from my GBBR. Should be a video up soon with a LOT more PMC goodness.

DSCF0857.jpg

Well, we rescued a teammate who was wounded and captured, so we called in a CASEVAC from our air support; it was just a two man bird so the gunner joined our squad. Isn't that what you would do?

(me on the top left, about to hit the dirt)

Thanks; I've seen other SoCal games with helicopters but for safety's sake this action was staged with empty mags. The local paintballers were duly impressed, and it WAS incredibly fun, but I'm paying for it now trying to clean a pound of grit from my GBBR. Should be a video up soon with a LOT more PMC goodness.

This was in SoCal? Where?

Utah?

SoCal, he said.

This was in SoCal? Where?

A private training field we use in Riverside County.

Hmm, interesting. Love to hear more.

I'm still waiting for the video; we were running multiple helmet and gun cams.

Gaaah lookout, it's the Trump Cobra!

I go home when I see stuff like this at a game.

I was under the impression that most fields do not allow blindfiring for safety reasons, so I haven't seen many dorks playing like that, aside from the occasional player who holds his weapon next to his head and extends his arms to track targets while standing in the open.