Pictures of you in the field or at a game

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no photoshop expert but I can't help but notice a slight problem here...  

From the post apoc larp game with airsoft called "Blodsband" in Sweden. 3 day event with 700 people. Pretty much like fallout.   Me and my tribe "Stammen", im the one with feathers in the mask.  

Posted Images

surprisingly that was vermont. We had this 80 year old salty Marine who fought in VN, said he walked into the woods to take care of business and the hair stood up on the back of his neck "if it had been 10degrees hotter I would have sworn we were in Vietnam." He also talked a lot with us about tactics, techniques, what living in field is like, how to cover tracks, how to track ect ect. Was really interesting to get a first hand prospective.

Was a good game but lacking numbers. Me and some buddies had to swap sides after dinner the second night and raided the US FOB from about moon set (2200) till about 0400, then swapped back, ate, napped, and got up for dawn patrol at 0600. We managed to take half the US FOB including thier primary pill box as I slow crawled up to it and tossed in a hand grenade.

The game was Liberty Canyon 5 you can read more about it on vietnam airsoft.

Oh I had a flask with some fun stuff on me, I was holding the bottle for the GI who snapped the photo.

Thanks for the comments guys, I had been working on the kit for a while and had to throw everything together last minute when I found out I would be free for the game.

• 2 weeks later...

A Partisan M suit in the "Spring" configuration, very nice.  How I wish I had one (since the autumn side is essentially one of the few "tan" options for modern Russian camo suits), but I cannot justify trying to import one.

It wasn't cheap for sure, but it's well worth the expense once Frontowiec had them. I used to play with the pants in autumn and the top in spring and I recall people telling it was hard to make the silhouette from afar that way.

Compared with AOR2

P1090020.JPG

Side and back of the SRVV Centurion

P1090028.JPG

Back shot

P1090033.JPG

Perhaps a holiday gift several years from now, though that sumpftarn sumrack from BARS company undoubtedly be cheaper.

I just like oversuits for the most part, with my old set of "sun bunnies" being my go to set for most of the year.  I just need some sort of equivalent for when I need to be on the "tan" team locally.  I have so far been distant from modern gear for the most part, but with the local conditions it may be better to do so at some point or another.

RC, it took me about a minute to see the mask hole on the side, I was thinking you had gotten bit by something.  Keep up the pics, always brings a smile on.  That vest holding up okay?

It (el cheapo Tarzan) is doing pretty damn fine actually. Other than the couple of zipper teeth knocked out earlier, it's holding up surprisingly well despite being thin and I'm not exactly babying it either. I just wish they came in regular flora too and not digital or I'd buy another one.

Back and still with a Kazak 4 vest on that I made which I took off shortly after from being too hot.

10393680_10202094916128955_7862881284289

10612780_10202094918369011_7788707898809

And a screenshot from Calbur20s cam as I took him out.

10632697_808697892495659_380952866773708

Edited by renegadecow

Certainly, it isn't one of those "crossdraw" vests that so many have had when starting out, so I wouldn't be surprised that it lasts so long.  If all else fails, you could get a bolt or two of Flora fabric and wrap it in it. 

Far from just action shots, I like seeing how folks staging areas and whatnot are like.  The writing on the wall seems to be more effective than most methods.  Not seeing any paint either, which is a welcoming sight.

Out at Gamepod Combat Zone (San Francisco, CA area) last weekend for Redwolf's Operation: Rising Sun playing on "Green Team."

How was this? I hear mostly a lot of sad comments from NorCal people about how sorry the state of milsim is up there, and how far they are willing to travel to experience something cool.

How was this? I hear mostly a lot of sad comments from NorCal people about how sorry the state of milsim is up there, and how far they are willing to travel to experience something cool.

Once you accept the fact that "Milsim" like AMS events isn't going to happen anywhere nearby, it's fun.  Gamepod is great on smaller days when you can move without the M4 LMGs (AEGs/ P*s with hi-caps or box mags) pinning you down.  We do have to travel for Milsim, but that's only because the demand hasn't surfaced except for a few select people speaking up.

Just drive up north to MSW games :D

I did that once. Never again. Flying is the better option.

And honestly I think most of the people I'm talking to would consider AMS at the lower speedball limit of what milsim is. There's growing support for it, at least here in SoCal, but the property values are so high and everything is so developed that it is very very difficult to find locations.

That's what I've noticed about AMS.  Doesn't seem very milsim to me (at least what I consider milsim).  Leave it a while, and I feel that it'll turn into the next Lion Claws.

They seem to be altering the rules to make it more realistic, but I haven't experienced an event yet, so I can't really say.  Ultimately, I'd love a milsim event that required 24 hours minimum in-game action, land nav, intelligence gathering, etc.  Not this "capture the building, then go capture the next building, then take the VIP back to X building, then shoot more" stuff.  I'm fine going two-three hours without shooting at anything if it serves a purpose, but I digress...

MSW and East Wind are the only events I've experienced that fit that bill, but either of those makes most games that call themselves "milsim" sound like a joke. But, this year will be the last East Wind. Of course, at EW you might go several days without shooting anything, but I personally have always found it incredibly satisfying, if sometimes painful. 

• Like 3