Pictures of you in the field or at a game

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm no photoshop expert but I can't help but notice a slight problem here...  

From the post apoc larp game with airsoft called "Blodsband" in Sweden. 3 day event with 700 people. Pretty much like fallout.   Me and my tribe "Stammen", im the one with feathers in the mask.  

Posted Images

Most smocks I've encountered have hoods.  Certainly most issued CS95 DPM/PCS MTP smocks you'll find have hoods and the issued Flecktarn one I used to own had one.  Pretty sure the Plat-A-Tac smock I've currently got here also has one.

I don't rate them much in a garment made of standard nyco/poly-cotton, but they're sometimes useful.

I regard the s95 as having the "perfect" hood. My russian partisan suit and gorka don't even have a little tie and button with which to keep the hood retained, come on guyssss.

Though having said that I regard smocks suitable for like, one month a year at best. I just get too hot! ymmv of course

In modern parlance, a 'field jacket' is the new name for a smock, at least in my line of work.

They make issue smocks to fit a wide range of sizes to account for everyone from tiny people to hulking great rugby players etc that you get in the forces.  The people at either end aren't usually catered for very well admittedly, but it does mean that you can go for the smaller end of the size range for a shorter/less baggy fit.

Edited by CKinnerley
  • Like 1

Bear in mind that, when you use them as they're designed, smocks are intended to be outer layer bad (but not necessarily wet) weather garments. That means they're designed to accommodate a boatload of layers underneath and that's why they look like dresses when you wear them without.

When I was in the forces I bought an NLDPM Arktis smock in Medium. I was a little heavier then than I am now and it worked, but in some situations I would have liked to have a Large. 

Also, in some situations (at least in the Dutch forces) you'd wear your body armour underneath your smock and wear LBE over it. Don't know about SOP's in different countries. 

But to be perfectly honest, in my opinion smocks are a bit of a relic, especially in summer. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The real LLM is much smaller than the Element or VFC repros (I'm using the Element). For the Germans it really depends on the user and how they have their optics/optics rail set up. KSK seems to prefer on top, Kampfschwimmer seems to prefer bottom, but they use a lower rail or an Aimpoint on a lower mount. KSK sticks to EoTechs that sit pretty high. If you think about it though, sticking the LLM on the bottom requires you to expose a little more of yourself when popping up from behind cover. 

Edited by Revengeful_Lobster
There seems enough variation in how they are mounted that I think it's more likely to come down to user preference then anything else. 

Purely on an aesthetic consideration I think having it on top "fits" with the height of the G36.

Could it be that mounting it on top puts the "bore" of the laser closer to the sight (which is fairly high on most G36 varients)?