TM guns on propane.

PynkPanthyr

Hey guys, last monday, I received my Tokyo Marui MEU from Airsoft Atlanta, putting around 4 or 5 magazines through it that day. The next day, I started having problems with it so it is now no longer operational.

I just got off the phone with Atlanta, figuring that gun would still be under warranty as thier site says. However he told me that I had voided my warranty by using propane/green gas in it.

Are TM guns not supposed to be used with propane/green gas?

Thanks.

You'll probably find with anything that runs on gas the retailers will only warranty them if they are only used with 134a. TM guns are meant for 134a, but as already said generally do run fine on greengas/propane.

TM makes guns for the japaneese market, they are not permitted to use green gas as it can produce more than .98j (japan law)

Therefore, TM guns are designed for 134a. Even though it is true that they are such good quality that they can handle green gas for long periods exept in the hotter countrys.

Ergo, your warantee can become void if you used green gas.

However, what is the problem with your gun, there are quite a few techies on arnies who can help you fix it.

TM makes guns for the japaneese market, they are not permitted to use green gas as it can produce more than .98j (japan law)

Therefore, TM guns are designed for 134a. Even though it is true that they are such good quality that they can handle green gas for long periods exept in the hotter countrys.

Quoted because that was exactly what I was going to say.

I too run my TM's on nothing but propane and have had no issues.

Depends on the temperature where you're at. From my calculations, propane/green gas starts becoming overly destructive when used in excess of 21°C (like running 134a at 40°C which the manual states not to do). If your slide isn't broken in two, there's still plenty of hope in fixing the gun yourself should AA refuse to do it for you.

• 1 month later...

Just to comment that I run my TM 1911A1 and Hi-capa 4.3 on green since I got them. Admittedly they where designed for 134a, but the Hi-Capa has been running on green for two plus years now.

Both pistols are stock bar they both use the nineball piston heads.

Cheers

Rich

I think the general consensus is that TM GBB's are 134A only, but the newer models (Glock 17 onwards, I believe) have been reported to be fine with green gas for an extended period of time.

I only ever use 134A in my TM's, but my KSC and WA get green.

Ben.

I have always used green / propane in all my stock TMs and never had any problems apart from the piston head o-ring coming off in my old Hi-Capa. The magazines rarely develop in major leaks if the screw that holds the base plate on is kept tight.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived