• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one and have cracked it open several times in the short time I've had it, and I can tell you that ACM Masada's aren't that spectacular internally. Just expect similar durability and ROF as other A&K AEG's out there. It has a crappy grey Chinese M110 motor in it, so don't expect insane ROF. The internals are very average, but the externals aren't that bad. Plus IMO, it looks way cooler than the SCAR and any AR series gun out there. Unique externals and lack of availablility are what you'd get it for.

The A&K masada seems to be going for about £130 over here, if you can find one.

The internals on mine are ok, but the barrel was rubbish, 6 inch grouping at 10 feet.

I dropped in a stock TM barrel and grouping was under 1/2 inch at 10 feet (length of my garage!)

That and a Madbull blue hop rubber gained me 20FPS.

An Area 1000 ported cylinder and Guarder M100 spring put me at 340 +/- 5 FPS (originally - 265 fps out of the box)

Might try a few more bits when funds permit, and I'm interested in trying to build in some UV led's into the clear hop unit to replace

my tracer unit for the next night game.

Jim

I don't know but for me finding one of these are like trying to find Bin Laden...LOL
m

there is a bunch of them available at airsoftammosupply.com if you dont mind the price. Beats having customs snag them and shipping is included. Orders ship out in 24 hours from time payment made.

Can the A&K Masada take TM/G&P type aftermarket outer barrles? Or are you stuck with that barrel length when you buy it?

you can get a 11.5 barrel set from Monda for it as an after market extra , comes complete with an inner barrel and hop unit already fitted so you can do straight barrel changes with out haveing to swap the hop unit around .

Remove handguard, pull down wire lever thingy around barrel, rotate, pull out(inner barrela nd upper hop-up chamber comes out with it). From what I've gathered new hop-up rubbers should be drop ins....

Well I know how to do that but I mean how do you seperate the inner barrel/hop unit from the outer barrel itself so that upgrades are possible?

The internals are as good as any aeg out there......almost 90% of all aeg of all brand has the same/similar gears, pistons etc.....and yes the masadas internals are good, just changce the hopuprubber and you are good to go.

But for a highend set up (130+ ms) i recomend a new motor, eletricsystem and piston.