Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

well, http://combatkit.net/ would be the international one. I got called up and offered the rig by Combatkit Norway :P

I only need it for a single picture tbh (ref: Norwegian Gear thread), and have no other real use for it... might end up using it every now and then just to justify my purchase though...

I need some help. The only way I can and will carry water is with a Camelback. But no matter what I do I cant wear my chest rig (Arktis) and Camelback without something being annoying. How can I set it up so I can wear both comfortably?

When I wore a cross-back chest rig (Arktis, among other custom makes) I usually put the Camelbak on first and then the chest rig overtop. This way the Camelbak isn't going to shift around, and it's not a *badgeress* to take off (clip clip and pull away). The shoulder straps should cross above the Camelbak when you wear it properly, so it's not going to ride up and you can doff your rig but keep your hydro on when cooling down.

When I wore a cross-back chest rig (Arktis, among other custom makes) I usually put the Camelbak on first and then the chest rig overtop. This way the Camelbak isn't going to shift around, and it's not a *badgeress* to take off (clip clip and pull away). The shoulder straps should cross above the Camelbak when you wear it properly, so it's not going to ride up and you can doff your rig but keep your hydro on when cooling down.

Ohh okay. I've tried wearing it like that but I guess i had the camelback to high since the straps cross over it making the vest loose. The vest I have isn't a true Arktis though, mine doesn't have buckles so I have to loosen it to take it off.

well, http://combatkit.net/ would be the international one. I got called up and offered the rig by Combatkit Norway :P

I only need it for a single picture tbh (ref: Norwegian Gear thread), and have no other real use for it... might end up using it every now and then just to justify my purchase though...

That doesn't even make sense. Why buy something to use once for pictures. seems like a waste of money. Unless you sell it to me for half price. :P

It's really just a side-project for me to do a small impression whilst waiting to finish my RLCS rig, this chest rig will most likely be sold off again if my team doesn't find a dessie area to play at :)

I'm definitely bitten by the collector's bug (ref: my RLCS rig, expensive piece of *suitcase*), but I intend to use my gear at one point or another, this stuff is too expensive to just sit on a shelf.

I have to admit it's bit of a waste though, thus why I'll send it off for someone else to enjoy sooner or later :)

You won't get it for 1/6th price (your stated half), Crunchy, but I can keep you in mind when I decide to part with it...

• 2 weeks later...
Oh, it is... Between myself and the previous owner it's gotten a work out. Kind of odd, but does anyone know an off-the-shelf hydration carrier, preferrably JUST a carrier, no backpack, which has quick release buckles on the shoulder straps? Don't have the 0990 that is designed to go with this, but I do want to have a hydration pack on.

*edit - *DOH!* Forgot the HSGI offering. Just picked one up off of OPTac.

Did this end up working?

Question for all you chest-riggers.

I've noticed that many of you (Agent Hunk I've noticed in particular) carry water attached to your rigs. Does this cause the chest rig to bounce or move around a lot?

In addition, you all might be able to point me in some new directions.

I'm looking into the possibility of going with a chest rig and I've got some requirements that need to be met.

1. Rig must be able to carry water - I use a Maxpedition mini rolly-polly to carry my nalgene. It attaches with one malice clip.

2. Rig must carry at least 8 magazines.

3. rig must have space to attach a large medical pouch, or some such, to be used as a dump pouch.

4. Rig must not bounce around unduly.

5. Rig needs to be adjustable enough for my frame (5'6" 135 lbs)

6. Rig must not have any back attachment points. For example, the X-harness has that bit of PALS attached to it so you could mount something up high on your back. I'm not interested in carrying water there. I want everything to be on my front from center of chest to running under my arm pits.

7. Rig must be affordable (say $60 and under not including pouches)

Edited by Gigueand

That's the only thing you gotta remember is to balance it over. What I used to do with my British chest rigs was have a 58 bottle on one side with cup, and a mess kit and FFD on the other side.