Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

Everything will surly go flying out of that rig if you do anything other than stand still, right? No retention on the glowsticks, no retention on the Glock, no retention on either set (why 2 sets?) of shears, and little retention of the zip ties. Do you really need an ENTIRE roll of 100mph tape swinging around on your rig? And, is there no radio to go with the Sordins?

Mayflower LE/Active Shooter Vest Multicam

- 6 M4 mags

- 2 M9 mags

- First Aid Kit

- Multitool

- MBITR

Hey Eizen, you think it would be possible to get a picture of your rig from the top? (Where your head would be looking down towards the rig)

Also, you said you had 6 M4 mags in there. Are the M4 pockets made to hold two mags each? Or are you stuffing two in.

I can't really seem to find any answers about your rig, any advice would be appreciated. :)

14421.jpg

TT MAV 2-piece w/ X-harness. Good stuff!

Left to right:

-Blue Force Gear Trauma Kit Now CB (empty)

-Eagle MJK Smoke pouch. Will be used for radio (if I don't get a radio-pouch that is).

-G&P Double Mag Pouch

-Eagle 2x2 Mag Pouch MJK

-Small utility pouch (unknown make)

-Pantac Dump Pouch OD

Currently holds 6 mags, but I might get another mag pouch. I'm also looking into attaching some sort of hydration to the back.

Whaddayu think?

Hunk that is a nice looking chest rig.

Thanks.

I jumped the gun when I said it was done though. Need to find a gear smith or whatever you would call them to sew PALS on the sides of the two HSGI pouches so I can carry two grenades. :)

Edited by Agent Hunk
That looks like a bloody brilliant design, exactly the sort of thing I'd like, do you know of anything similar without the built in mag pouches?

As stated the Tactical Tailor Two-Peice MAV

I got this because it was cheaper. A MAV with X Harness and hydration pouch would be more. I didn't mind the integrated pouches, as I run an M4. Saved me a little money atleast. I'm very happy with it. This one is for sure my Keeper. :P

I'll get pic of it Monday probably. Got some Diamondback tactical pouches im VERY impressed in. Will go there when I need pouches again for sure.

Pkekyo-Nor, I think it looks wayyy better like that. Great job!

As stated the Tactical Tailor Two-Peice MAV

I got this because it was cheaper. A MAV with X Harness and hydration pouch would be more. I didn't mind the integrated pouches, as I run an M4. Saved me a little money atleast. I'm very happy with it. This one is for sure my Keeper. :P

Have tried the MAV, won't adjust down small enough to fit me, spins around my waist like a hoola-hoop, heh. Your one looks like a much better idea, specially with the solid back panel to securely mount a hydro carrier, if it had 4 mag pouches built in instead of the 6 I'd be there. Might have to see if I can find a place to build up something custom. Hmm...

Have tried the MAV, won't adjust down small enough to fit me, spins around my waist like a hoola-hoop, heh. Your one looks like a much better idea, specially with the solid back panel to securely mount a hydro carrier, if it had 4 mag pouches built in instead of the 6 I'd be there. Might have to see if I can find a place to build up something custom. Hmm...

Hydro carrier isnt full back but seems sturdy as it loops in with the main strap on the bottom. I think the panel its on is larger than the TT one. I think the pics on the site show it.

Why not just add pouches on the molle space next to the built in ones? Thats what I did. Worked perfectly.You can also stack mag pouches on top of the ones on it. I put 1911 Mag pouches on mine.

This chest rig is made to be small, so it should fit you better

Edited by Mr Foxhound

http://www.flecktarn.co.uk/ustmb4nx.html

I'm a pretty slender guy, I aim on picking one of them up as soon as they come back in stock, when I do I'll let you know. I've heard good things about this vest, to be honest I'd rather get a TT mav with x harness but after shipping from the US it comes out alot more, and for 25 pounds if it breaks or whatever its not a massive tragedy.

if MAV is too wide around for your skinny waist size (and I can almost relate, mine is cinched to it's smallest amount) this chest rig from Condor might do it for you:

http://www.condoroutdoor.com/modularchestpanel.aspx

also think about the Mini MAV:

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/minimav.aspx

or the Spec-Ops Modular:

http://www.uscav.com/Productinfo.aspx?prod...&CatID=1112

5.11 makes a tiny modular panel too. I cant find it now though..

When I said I had the MAV, I actually had the BULLE MLE, but in every way I can think of they are the exact same and far more people have heard of the TT version, so I thought it would save time to just call it that instead rather than causing confusion and having to explain. It is a brilliant rig and for the price it's practically daylight robbery (on your part), build quality is essentially up there with all the RS gear manufacturers. I did absolutely love it in every way except the fact it was too loose on me; amazingly quick and easy to get on and off which made it fantastic for skirmishing, and other than lacking a bib it's got just as much MOLLE space as my big bulky plate carrier when you really look at it. Old picture:

BULLEMLE.jpg

Sadly had to sell it in the end because the fact it wouldn't stay still when I ran got just too irritating; I did hate to see it go, I actually have to get help to properly fasten up my current rig which is frustrating. I think I'll have a look at either Mr foxhound's suggestion or one of these mini rigs with a big MOLLE belt to make up the difference, cheers for the suggestions guys.

mini-chestrig and belt line gear is the new highspeed thing to do.

What he said. Kinda of, I'm pretty slow.

Me and my TT Mini-Mav over a PACA.

600_12974992.jpeg

Other options:

5.11 Tactical Mini Chest Rig.

Original S.O.E. Micro Rig for AK/M4.

Tactical Tailor Mini-Mav.

SORD Australia MFF Rig.

ATS Low Profile Chest Harness.

Spec-Ops Modular Chest Rig.

Condor Modular Chest Rig.

Edited by Reincarnation...