Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

There is really not much to say. I cut the canvas where I needed to in order to thread the MALICE clips or MOLLE attachments onto the chicom. As can be seen in the picture, I added a TT single pistol mag pouch, BHI GP/Medical pouch and DBT triple flashbang pouch. I also replaced the front main buckle with a fastex one and added an additional smaller buckle higher up to help secure the rig. Additionally I just finished putting fastex buckles on the shoulder straps/suspenders to give the rig the ability to quick release.

Basically the goal was to turn the chicom which was already a decent lightweight rig, into a simple, durable chest rig/belt system. Since the rig could already hold 4-6 M4 mags and a radio I added the pouches that I needed. It's real comfortable and stable and cost me nothing. I also wanted it to look like a customized merc and/or post-nuke rig, which I think it does.

- Zepher

Lol, flip flops. They're called slippers ;)

Dude, no way :P slippers are fuzzy and/or fuzzy.

Nice rig though, I've always wanted one for work...but I know it'd be shot down before I even put it on.

Hopefully no one minds me posting a question in a picture thread, but I figured it would be better than starting a new thread for a quick answer.

I finally have a decent comm. set-up that suits my needs, and I'm running an OSOE Micro Rig. (Seen a few pages back) I'm having a little bit of trouble routing the comm. wires effectively and I was thinking about getting the Enhanced H-Harness. I am afraid that wearing both the H-harness and a standalone Camelbak the shoulders will be very bunched up. If anyone can confirm or disprove that it would be great. Thanks

Hopefully no one minds me posting a question in a picture thread, but I figured it would be better than starting a new thread for a quick answer.

I finally have a decent comm. set-up that suits my needs, and I'm running an OSOE Micro Rig. (Seen a few pages back) I'm having a little bit of trouble routing the comm. wires effectively and I was thinking about getting the Enhanced H-Harness. I am afraid that wearing both the H-harness and a standalone Camelbak the shoulders will be very bunched up. If anyone can confirm or disprove that it would be great. Thanks

Well, i'm running with OSOE Mookie War Rig Light and a Source 3 liter hydration pack. Personally i don't have the usual 'bunched up' problem, i can only highly recommed the E H-Harness.

Leiska

Properly modified Chicom. Almost done.

Made by the Chinese, modified by a Vietnamese, used in America.

Very nice, so what was done to it?

Removed the flaps and elasticated the side pockets?

Defiantly needs more pictures.

I'm in the process of putting velco on my chi-com.

Would love a SMG chi-com if i ever get gun that mags fit it

I split 3rd accessory pouch into two pistol pouches after increase the pouch's footprint. Cut down 2nd accessory pouch into a pistol pouch. Form another pistol sized pouch to sew a level down and to the right of 2nd pistol pouch. Recycle the 4 accessory pouch flaps, slimmed them down and sew the trim back on. Sew each flap on relative to each newly formed pistol pouch. Added elastic webbing to each pistol pouch tight enough to retrain double or single stack pistol magazines.

Cut and removed 1st and 4th accessory pouches and then slim down the chest rig as a whole. Moved both metal D-ring and sew the webbing within the body of chest rig. Added two buckles to the shoulder webbing after shortening the webbing. The loose end were also sewn into the body of the chest rig. Took both cotton shoulder webbing and continue the shoulder straps with mil-spec 1 inch webbing; add tri-glides.

Created an triangle webbing structure to be sewn to the side of the chest rig. Female buckle side uses elastic webbing for a bit of flex. Waist strap then was sewn into.

All done. Except I still need to sew 4 wooden toggles for each pistol pouch. I'll get more pictures when I actually pick up an AK variant replica, whenever that is. Nice 6 day project.

Removed the flaps and elasticated the side pockets?

I'm in the process of putting velco on my chi-com.

Would love a SMG chi-com if i ever get gun that mags fit it

Like this?

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MIL1145-1.html