Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

You can attach the TT packs to 1961ARs?

:nosleep:

I made adapters to connect the top of the GG pack where the LBT hydration carrier is supposed to go, instead of using the Malice clip buckles like beta08 did. It worked fine both ways, I just preferred the pack to ride lower.

How can you say pantac quality on par with LBT 1961 ? LBT 1961 use 500 cordura and pantac still use 1000 cordura. Totally will have different result. LBT 1961 more soft and light.

What I believe that FrogFish means by his post is that both LBT and Pantac have very high quality products. LBT still offers a variety products in 1000D Cordura. More importantly, the difference in 500D and 1000D does not alter the quality as vastly as your post makes it sound like. The most important points in a gear design according to quality is the stitching of the fabrics in which LBT does a fantastic job with, in my experience. Pantac also has very well stitched gear. Of course the fabric used does count in the overall quality of a specific piece of gear, however, it does not weigh as heavily on the "quality scale" as stitching does. The reasons why LBT picked to use 500D Cordura in their line of products is because it is more flexible, therefore easier to work with, but most importantly because it is more light weight, whereas 1000D will be stronger but heavier. I believe that 500D Cordura would be strong enough to handle most real world scenarios.

After all, when gear experiences a lot of wear and tear the breaking points are in the stitching most of the time. The threads will hold the fabric together so they are the main stress points on most pieces of kit.

Stitch for stitch LBT's quality and Pantac's are currently equal, things are tacked where they should be, double stitched where they should be, and material quality is equal. The difference in the items comes down to customer service, and different plastic furniture. The difference in price comes down to quantity, QC, and labor rates.

As an FYI LBT still offers 1000d versions, and some find 500d to weak and not durable enough for extended use.

Edited by frogfish