Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mayflower UW Gen. IV Modified for 7.62

I had to cut out all the sown in AR mag inserts (all the while trying to forget that I was taking scissors to a roughly $200 chest rig). I then fabric glued some velcro strips in place to make the flap a kangaroo pouch. I then added velcro to a TT 7.62 shingle and used that as a kangaroo pouch. I chose to do this over getting the Gen V because I don't like the split front design of the V. It places my weak side mags too far from my reload hand for my comfort. Not to mention that the Gen. V is $75 more. I may opt to get some kydex for the mag pouches but other than that, I'm pretty much done.

992B5463-7A2C-4A6B-B470-C0D47F8E496A-281

F96C8937-7C6D-43BD-B1E3-2470ED89E85B-281

AF946F29-04E4-4689-8443-2B33EE88A2AE-281

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there,

Don't really know where to ask this question, but here t goes anyway:

What type of plate carrier would you mount a DC3R on? Do you think a JPC would be fine? I am having trouble picturing the result since the only DC3R+PC combo involves Mayflowers PC. *and I don't like mayflowers..*

Mayflower/Velocity. Tyr PICO, BPC, GPC. Ferro FCPC. It'll probably fit on a 6094 too.

The 'issue' with the mounting of those sort of chest rigs relies on the placement of clips on the chest/cummerbund. Obviously the velcro on the lower front of the Mayflower/Velocity/Tyr's is more suited to the D3CR, as it allows it to be fixed, but it's not essential. You need the right sort of MOLLE placement on the upper chest to attach the clips.to. The Mayflower clips are very limited in their application (you need the two vertical rows on either side of the chest). Look at the stuff being made by DownRangeGear if your PC doesn't have that, as they make stand-alone clips that attach to horizontal MOLLE and allow you to fix the chest rig clips to that.

That being said; I own a JPC (like everyone else) and don't think you could viably mount a D3CR/Mayflower to it. The horizontal molle to attach the clips to is too low (even with the DRG clips), so it wouldn't sit at the right height. I'm also not sure how well it'd fix to the airlite cummerbund.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got a question for chest rigs gurus:

I recently got an Eagle industries all molle chest rig dirt cheap, the ones which used to be sold at skdtac, and while it is in excellent condition and utterly love it, shoulder straps have their flaws. I cant clip a PTTor the like nor route a hydration tube through them for summer games, not to mention they are quite long, forcing me to run it lower than I would like to. im the not bulky type guy

Right now I have temporarely fixed the ptt issue with some elastic cheap bands, but I would like a better longuer lasting option. So, what do you suggest? getting a compatible shoulder straps? bigger tougher badder elastic bands?

Thanks for the advice guys ;)