Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

I'm running a Chicom over armor at the moment as well, and I really like the simplicity that it offers.

When I ran an EI Chest rig, despite it being a very basic platform, I found myself looking for things to fill the empty MOLLE space, rather than streamlining it as much as possible. The standard Chicom is a very basic rig, but it carries everything that I need it to, and nothing else.

I'd ditch the UTV. It looks a little uncomfortable with the FAPC underneath it. With a bit of creativity, you could probably get three double M4 pouches on the front, and then either run a belt kit, or ditch the last two mags (or stick them in pockets. Not the most tacticool, but hell, it works sometimes. :P ). That way you also have two HSLD kits that you can use depending on your mood. But then again my opinion is biased. I'm a complete FAPC ######!

I'm running a Chicom over armor at the moment as well, and I really like the simplicity that it offers.

When I ran an EI Chest rig, despite it being a very basic platform, I found myself looking for things to fill the empty MOLLE space, rather than streamlining it as much as possible. The standard Chicom is a very basic rig, but it carries everything that I need it to, and nothing else.

The Chicom was one of those things that I bought initially for my AK loadout, but then I began using it for a lot of things. It was a nice surprise for me to see how something so simple is so functional. :D:D

During a recent game I ran the Chicom over an FAPC that only had my pistol on it and worked pretty well. Since I was driving a tank that day I was able to stay very light and beef up when I needed to.

I'd ditch the UTV. It looks a little uncomfortable with the FAPC underneath it. With a bit of creativity, you could probably get three double M4 pouches on the front, and then either run a belt kit, or ditch the last two mags (or stick them in pockets. Not the most tacticool, but hell, it works sometimes. :P ). That way you also have two HSLD kits that you can use depending on your mood. But then again my opinion is biased. I'm a complete FAPC ######!

Actually thats almost exactly what I was thinking. I'm either gonna run a 2 triple shingles stacked on each or go with 2 double pouches and get 2 fast mags for a molle belt that I'm going to buy.

Can you even fit a complete load out on the FAPC without a heavy belt kit?

Edit: Saw your location. Previous question may be negligible.

Yeah down here in Hawai'i you don't really need to carry a lot of kit, especially since the games are no longer than 15 minutes (ARRGGGGGHHH SPEEDBALL!!!!!!!!!!! :headbutt: )

I'll just carry a light belt kit to complement the FAPC or on hot days I'll just carry the UTV and just wear underarmor. However all that hinges upon the idea of me selling it or not.

Here is a picture of me from a game that some of the dudes from Utah went to in CO a few months ago.

meco.jpg

. . . I know . . . my chicom looks far too low on my chest. Trust me, it isn't. I don't know why, but it looks super low, I don't remember it hanging down that low at all.

Yes! You can see the corner of my head and glasses in that pic!

@ Agent Hunk, ouch. :P Although, I can fit almost as much on my FAPC as I can with my Russian M23 Pioneer vest, or my Russian webbing. Not all of us are speedball rockers all the time. ;)

Although, looking at Communi's pic, we all do look pretty bad *albatross* with chest rigs.

Chinese Type 63 Chicom. Don't really use it much anymore though seeing as I sold my guns that had magazines that fit it...

What fit in there? Did AK magazines fit? It seems like they should, but 30 rounders or 45 rounders wouldn't shut the flaps. Is that right? There are some at a surplus store nearby and they are dirt cheap with plenty of pouches, seems like a good deal to me.

The two main arguments I've noticed on Arnie's about this subject are:

1) Don't wear patches unless you've earned them.

-OR-

2)Wear whatever patch you want but respect it and don't pretend/claim to be part of that unit or group.

I like the second argument, but this isn't the right thread to have a debate or discuss it in detail.

Edited by sierra hotel
  • 2 weeks later...

When the arrow head is upside down it usually means a shadow squad from a group. A round of long tabbed who are experts in there field are attached to each other and run Black Ops under the specific mission. - MSG Raliegh (3rd Special Forces Group FT Bragg)

Great rig though, makes me miss my Olive Drab.