Pictures of your Chest Rigs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Felt bad for bringing people to have a go at Airsoft and having no tac gear to lend then so I whipped up a cheapo chest rig and way too pleased how it turned out. Viper VX buckle up rig - £28 Wynex

Jaeger and Tarzan rigs plus a Czech bag for more frags and whatnot.  

Posted Images

Yeah, I am getting a rigger's belt soon for the MOLLE belt. Along with some pouches and a dump pouch.

-Phantom

I mean, couldn't you have atleast put a regualr trouser belt through it for pics rather then tyeing it together with what looks to be black shoelaces?

Hunk, is thier an SDS RACK under all that?

even for a man of larger circumference(like myself) seems that that would wrap around, are the end pouches really reachable?

For me, the uniformity of the color across the whole rig with a color like khaki/coyote makes my hand gravitate towards the spray can.

Maybe just needs dirtying.

I notice you go through alot of chest rigs(i own one lol), still searching for the right one or are guns just changing alot?

Edited by Azulsky

even for a man of larger circumference(like myself) seems that that would wrap around, are the end pouches really reachable?

Very reachable:

P1010716.jpg

DSC00326.jpg

They sit right under my arm pits.

It's by no means a low profile rig but it filled my want to not layer gear or wear a bulky PC.

For me, the uniformity of the color across the whole rig with a color like khaki/coyote makes my hand gravitate towards the spray can.

The flash also makes it alot worse. In natural light the only noticeably different one is the IFAk. Dirt and abuse will help it even out.

I notice you go through alot of chest rigs(i own one lol), still searching for the right one or are guns just changing alot?

Little bit of both... :P

Edited by Agent Hunk
It's by no means a low profile rig but it filled my want to not layer gear or wear a bulky PC.

Hello. I was wondering what type of holster do you have there? I've been looking for a good one in a woodland pattern. I've been using a double mag pocket, but was thinking about getting an AITES holster. Thanks.

Im in the market for a new chest rig (selling an RRV copy if anyone is interested...)

The EI .308 chest rig that Navy posted interests me alot, my question is how many .223 mags can each pouch hold. THis is for several reasons, first i plan on using a .308 in the future, second i run an AR currentl, and would also like something i can use for when i go to the range with my real AR.

Oh one more can it hold ak mags? IM trying to decide between a plate carrier or a chest rig, and several chest rigs are up in the air right now.

I mean, couldn't you have atleast put a regualr trouser belt through it for pics rather then tyeing it together with what looks to be black shoelaces?

None of my belts would make it all the way through it.

So, I rigged up a little system with black quick release buckles and OD Paracord..

Getting the Dump Pouch, Socom M14, Revision Bullet Ants, and M14 EBR this weekend..might try another impression with the EBR..

-Phantom

1961A.jpg

LBT 1961a, Gen 2. Bought it more or less in this manner, the two GP pouches were removed (though I still have them), the mag pouch buckles were partially removed, and it was sprayed tan. I've since completely removed the mag pouch buckles and added some OD.

The big changes at this point are to remove the right hand pouch and replace it with MOLLE webbing so I can slap a first aid pack in its place (be prepared and all that), as well as find a way to bodge a hydration carrier on to it - I've got some ideas (cue evil laughter). I may also re-attach the left side GP pouch to store snivel gear and nutrients in.

Not bad for $100. :)

Edited by PlasticMag

Oh, it is... Between myself and the previous owner it's gotten a work out. Kind of odd, but does anyone know an off-the-shelf hydration carrier, preferrably JUST a carrier, no backpack, which has quick release buckles on the shoulder straps? Don't have the 0990 that is designed to go with this, but I do want to have a hydration pack on.

*edit - *DOH!* Forgot the HSGI offering. Just picked one up off of OPTac.

Edited by PlasticMag
Whats with the 2 radios. Also found it interesting you traded in 2 magazines for a smoke grenade.

I'd have to agree. The rig appears to be in desperate need of more man killers. Also odd that the radio is taking up the space of two mags while the two spaces present for a radio are nearly empty.

Since hydro carriers and the 1961A were being discussed...

I attached a MOLLE II carrier to the back of my Eagle MPCR.

I used tape to secure the top and I replaced the back strap with the lower straps of the Camelbak. Worked out quite well actually. Just took a bit of work to center it.

DSC02474.jpg

Edited by Agent Hunk

Can you list out the contents of the other pouches, seems like designed space is being misappropriated.

DA guys need to carry less mags that are quickly accessable, recon guys need to carry more mags.

If you are recon the only thing worth reconnoitering for is a bigger sized element, how are you anticipating surviving possible contact with them unless you have have enough firepower to make them *suitcase* their pants while you high tail it out of there.

i dont see how recce guys need intercomms. How far away from your guys do you plan on being that you need to speak over comms. The gameplan usually involves radio silence, no speaking, and hand signals. The C&C structure is such that the guy in charge is sitting on your freqs anyway once its useless for radio silence(aka the enemy found you).

Edited by Azulsky