TSI Tavor Update

rws591

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about preorder details, but you can try contacting TSI directly about that.

As for sight rails, you're supposed to be able to put other sights on the gun such as an EOTech, so that makes me think that it does have a optic rail. The problem with the ARES/Cybergun Tavor is that they followed a particular model of the Tavor in which the MARS is barrel mounted ... which means you can't mount any optic other than the MARS that ARES gives you. The TSI Tavor on the other hand copies a different model of the Tavor, so you can mount a RS MARS, an EOTech, an Aimpoint etc etc.

Edit: TSI can be reached through their website: TSIArmories.com

They've got a working prototype which I'll be checking out in a couple weeks. They don't want to release pictures quite yet as the pictures they have are of the near production level finished prototype, and they want to make sure that the official pictures that do go out are of the finished piece. The preorder price through TSI will be substantially cheaper than the retail price.

why does "external hop up adjustment" bother you? most airsof guns have external hop up adjustment (you dont need to field strip the gun in order the adjust it)

I thought 'external' as with TM MP5, where hopup lever sticks outside and, of course, easily gets pushed by gear, branches etc.

this was supposed to be around $500, no? and now they are asking $650+...

:|

anyway, im mainly looking forward to the replica MARS optic, whenever that is released.

later i will look into a complete rifle.

-Joe

It's still around $500. It just costs around $650 if you want the Tavor with the MARS sight. They've stayed true to their original expected price point. Unlike the Ares Tavor which can only use the MARS sight that comes with it, the TSI Tavor can use any optic you can fit on the upper rail. ;)

this was supposed to be around $500, no? and now they are asking $650+...

:|

anyway, im mainly looking forward to the replica MARS optic, whenever that is released.

later i will look into a complete rifle.

-Joe

He said the $650 was for the sniper varient, which was always expected to be more than the standard version because of the upgrades.

from what i can tell, the only difference b/t the star and the normal version is that the sniper type is made w/ a custom 6.01 tightbore where the normal tar is a 6.03 (as both are 509mm)

*also, there replica MARS must really be something if it costs more then the TAR aeg; and is about 1/2 the real one (more or less)

Archived