Night Vision Devices

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The delay is there but only noticeable on rapid scanning. It's like a literal ghost in the tube, it's kind of distracting and disorienting actually. That said, I'm not an experienced NVG user so I took time to make sure I didn't bust my face. Yeah, they were still the 'hot box' design.

• 2 weeks later...
Sadly they'll probably never be allowed to be purchased by civvies due to the fact that they have some form of thermal tech integrated into it.

i'm pretty sure brits can buy thermal sights legally :D

Got this today,

D-300 Nv

is that a real eotech you're running it behind, with NV setting?

I

Sadly they'll probably never be allowed to be purchased by civvies due to the fact that they have some form of thermal tech integrated into it. If it were under 6Gs, I'd consider it.

How's the overlay between IR and thermal? Looking at the videos it appears there's some kind of minute delay between the two as the thermal tries to digitally catch up. Also, is the thermal still not full frame (only a small rectangular overlay within the IR's full ocular view)?

Is owning thermal illegal? I thought it was just stupidly expensive.

Nice D-300 1st_Shooter! :D

You've got quite the electronics store going on there too. PEQ-15 replica, Foretrex GPS, EOTech & EOLad replica, and a D-300 all lined up end to end :lol:

I gotta warn you though, if you run the D-300 behind the 551 replica without the daylight filter on for any prolonged period of time you're going to have a little EOTech A.65 retical permanently burned into your NV tube. You've come this far shelling out the big money for Gen 2 night vision, best to go the whole distance and get a real NV compatible EOTech or Aimpoint to mount it behind if you want to run it weapon mounted. Or you could save yourself a little money and run it helmet mounted with an IR laser on your rifle for aiming with. Either way I wouldn't recommend risking damaging your expensive NV investment by using it with an optic it was not meant to be used with.

My baby :D

Baigish 9m2

http://www.rugift.co...gish-9m2-ir.htm

Got it (used) for about 90$. Works perfectly - no dark spots etc.

P1170649PS.jpg

Since the stock IR is utterly useless, I took it off.

P1170663PS.jpg

P1170659.jpg

P1170656PS.jpg

Date of manufacture: August 1999

P1170654.jpg

Tried to take pics through the binoculars using a regular digital camera... all dark spots are just dirt on the lenses.

N03.jpg

NV02.jpg

Comments are appreciated.

Edited by Kadalipp

Sadly they'll probably never be allowed to be purchased by civvies due to the fact that they have some form of thermal tech integrated into it. If it were under 6Gs, I'd consider it.

How's the overlay between IR and thermal? Looking at the videos it appears there's some kind of minute delay between the two as the thermal tries to digitally catch up. Also, is the thermal still not full frame (only a small rectangular overlay within the IR's full ocular view)?

I think that's being a bit negative.

Civilians can already purchase thermal devices if they've got the incredible coin to shell out. Eventually it will be sold to LEO and then as tech progresses they'll be available to civvies who feel like dumping as much as they would spend on a decent used car on it. They just wont ever be available for export.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...