Airsoft Buddy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, here's my 2 cents.

When I first ordered the gun on Dec. 8th I got an answer on Dec. 9th confirming the shipment, but no Tracking Nr.

After a request on Dec. 14th I got the Tracking Nr. on Dec. 19th. Due to customs my rifle arrived on January 26th.

I received one hell of a faulty model: The magazine was leaking really bad and the magazine follower got stuck and broke because of misaligned screwholes.

The Rifle itself crushed BBs, the charging handle broke very fast and Oring #122 was crushed after ~ 50 shots.

William offered me a fast remedy and promised to send my spareparts asap. On Feb. 2nd I paid 55USD, we had some more emails until Feb. 15th.

No more answers from him until now. I did not receive a Tracking Nr. nor my packet. Today I filed a paypal dispute.

I can really be patient, but the untrustworthy shop-system / payment and lack of communication make me doubt in AB as a reliable dealer.

On the other hand - if he answers, he usually does it really fast.

Thanks Pollux.

I haven't actually ordered from William but I did contact him with a query and he answered within an hour with an extremely polite and helpful email.

My pleasant exchange of emails with him makes me very surprised and disappointed that so many of you have been treated so poorly by him.

If I get a chance I will email him and direct him towards this thread, perhaps he will take some notice of the complaints?

Ordered an upper receiver set, paid on the 8th, and haven't received it. I didn't even receive a reply to my requests for a tracking number until I started complaining in AB's WE M4 thread. Even when he replied, he still didn't offer the tracking info that I asked for.

I filed it as fraud with my credit card company. We'll see where it goes from there.

Ordered a new nozzle assembly(known as Power Tune Up Kit) with a free part#42 for testing purpose on february 3, the package was supposed to reach me before the 15th.As the package is still not there, William offered to reship it the 18th with EMS.Then no emails and no package...Got an email yesterday, but again no news since then...and still no package...I'll have a "GBB only" game this sunday but I'm getting afraid to be only able to play this game with my M9...I just sent him a new email stating there is still nothing here and wait for a reply...

I ordered my M4 when they were first released and had no confirmation from AB.

I sent many emails and got different replies implying it had/hadn't been sent.

No tracking number was forthcoming for weeks and by the time i got it emailed to me my piece had been in customs for over a week (UK customs, like most, take ages to communicate with).

Had i have had the tracking number it would have been released much earlier than i was.

I think it took a month and a half in total to deliver.

Not long after i ordered they came up with a package costing the same but including two mags. It really doesn't pay to be an early adopter!

As it's one of the original batch I enquired in january about replacing the the more common parts that break. I told them nothing had broken yet and asked for the reinforced steel parts such as the bolt release. I was told via email that it wouldn't be a problem if i could prove i bought my M4 from them.

When i went to the effort to email my paypal transaction ID, I got a reply saying that they would now only replace parts that had broken and then only with the same standard parts.

Bored of arguing i ran up a list of spares and replacement parts to the value of $111 and ordered them on the 23rd Feb.

Again no confirmation of my order untill now when i posted on arnies and promptly got the 'Mail server problems' email from William.

Airsoft Buddy needs to improve it's communication.

It needs to send order confirmations to reasure customers that they haven't just sunk money into an electronic abyss.

They need to send courier tracking details as a matter of course with each order without fail.

Like the original batch of M4's. Some were unreliable and others (like mine fingers crossed!) worked like a charm.

So the customer service reflects the same irregularities with some people over the moon and others left very disappointed.

I hope things get better.

Snake

Ps. Customers are more likely to winge about bad service than they are willing to talk of a transaction that ran smoothly.

During Chinese new years he disappeared for a few days as well with no contact.

I had noted that this wasn't very good business practices, just leaving people in the dark and not replying to anything. But everyone commented that i should be more considerate.

I'm Asian and i celebrate Chinese new years too, but it's not like i skip school for a week and not tell anyone about it.

This is business and it should be the company's #1 priority to keep their customers updated and happy, especially when money is at stake across the globe. The least they could would be to put up an announcement on their website or warn their customers ahead of time.

I wrote another mail to William an hour ago and received an answer right now:

Dear XXX,

I will give you the answer tomorrow. Just one more day. Sorry about that.

William

Airsoft Buddy

Quoting XXX>:

> Hi William,

>

> I'm really growing impatient. I know you as a fast answering friendly

> guy, but I have not received a tracking number nor my order for four weeks now.

> I've had really bad luck with my WE so far - and you are not helping

> by not delivering my orders and paid goods.

> Just give me an answer please so I now you're not dead ;-)

>

> Best regards,

>

> XXX

So at least he's not dead...

[EvilMode]Curses! My marvelous plan failed once more. [/EvilMode]

I hope for the best and will wait until Friday. Then I'll start EvilPlanMK2. :P

I bought my original WE M4 V2 from AB and to be honest everything was very smooth at their end. William was pretty good at responding to my emails and I did get my tracking details after a couple of prompts. Getting it out of UK customs required a lot more effort and stress. As a result of THE thread I decided I should invest in a few spares and placed an order on Feb 5th (thankfully mine is only $35). As of today nothing has arrived and no tracking details have been provided. I have raised a dispute and sent a few more emails. This will unfortunately have to be changed to a claim if the requested information has not been provided by AB very soon.

I am very disappointed, AB/William started so well but I am sure these recent problems will cause severe maybe irrecoverable damage to their reputation. :(

It is very unusual to see the degree of community involvement and service William was providing a short while back. I want AB to do well and I am so upset things seem to have fallen apart.

I sent an email to AB on Feb. 27th to check on the status of the WE M4 package I bought on Feb. 20th. I just got an email from him today saying my order is being processed, which is longer than the 3-4 day period quoted on his site. But I expected this, as alot of retailers in the states are the same way. I just hope it ships soon and that rather quick response shows that he's getting back up to speed with things.

It's a real shame that AB hasn't lived up to it's potential. Initially customer service was William's main selling point, now that has started to slip it is hard to see what he has over the major HK retailers. C'mon man, sort it out!

update, after i sent william a message via the paypal post for disputes. i pretty much said that if he didnt get me a tracking number or response by today i would escalate the paypal dispute to a claim. this morning he sent me a message with a tracking number. i checked it, its currently in customs.

so push come to shove.

Dear ALL,

I'm really sorry for our mail server was down around 10 days before time. Now I'm working hard to sort out all emails, orders and problems. And I can tell you all that only me to reply all emails and prepare orders. So it may cause any inconvenience to all of you. Please accept my appologize. I promise I will try to work more hard and work more close with you all in the coming future.

I'm deeply sorry to everyone who affected in this period.

Once again, please accept my appologize.

William

Airsoft Buddy

Thank you for posting here William.

I'm sure everyone affected will be grateful and will look forward to receiving their orders.

I'm checking all pending orders in the server down period. So please allow me to spend 1 to 2 days to pick up and follow all orders. I also hope everyone who placed order in the server down period can receive their ordered items. And I'm trying to ship out all orders within these 2 days. Sorry for any inconvenience.

And please don't angry with me and Airsoft Buddy.

William

Airsoft BUddy

Yeah, the "funny" thing is I ordered more stuff from Hong Kong in February.

The parcel took 9 days, the envelope took 16 days. Both were ordered after AirsoftBuddy.

Well, maybe it's customs striking again, who knows. I tend to believe William that he sent the envelope. But if the parts do not arrive until mid-march I will ask him to resend it.

Good news!William is replying like before and will re-ship the items(for the 3rd time).This time it'll go with EMS and some other parts. So I'll receive this package saturday or monday, since the order will go tonight(for us)

It's nearly 2h in HK and he sent me a reply...William is back guys!that's great!

Archived