Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

zarda999 - good lookin' rig, however I'd maybe strap a CAT or a VIP strobe or a GPS to one of the shoulder straps (whichever one is your weak side). This'll probably depend on what sort of radio set-up you're running as you'll need to secure the radio aerial as well. The flag does stand out, but then again this isn't necessarily a bad thing; you just need to get the right one (i.e. stars on the other side). Team the 1961A with a PACA and CamelBak MULE and you'd be good to go.
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little update as to what the layout of the kit will be. I still need a swimmer headset and an MBITR and an HU-250\U. Any suggestions on clothing or a first line (No sidearm.), or any of the kit in general?

Photo24.jpg

Photo25.jpg

Photo26.jpg

Safariland Carrier

1961a (modified)

MULE(SATCOMM Antenna)

I think I am going to run my IBH with this kit... Thoughts?

-Ryan

A little update as to what the layout of the kit will be. I still need a swimmer headset and an MBITR and an HU-250\U. Any suggestions on clothing or a first line (No sidearm.), or any of the kit in general?

I think I am going to run my IBH with this kit... Thoughts?

It's starting to come together nicely. I'd maybe remove the team ID patch from the back of the MULE, it could be on the front of the carrier alongside the flag or even replace it if desired. If need be mount some additional pouches (flashbangs or smoke grenades or additional mags etc.) to the PALS on the back of the MULE, there's a pic in the Chris Osman book of this IIRC.

With regard to the 1st line I'd go with a riggers belt, small first aid pouch, spare pistol mags and/or grenades and a multitool. You mentioned previously that you're running a Glock - where is this holstered? Clothing-wise, it's gotta be DCU... maybe a pair of DCU trousers teamed with a tan/khaki RAID modded shirt. IBH is okay, although the MICH is probably more common a sight. For the IBH I'd go with a 3-hole Norotos mount, velcro and maybe some glint/IR and a strobe - you could mount the team ID patch to the side of the IBH or the shirt even.

The MBITR is good, teamed with either the swimmer headset or the H-250 handset; however if this is a CQC-based kit then it might be worth considering some form of hearing protection. Nothing says SEALs better than a set of Sordins. Speaking of commo, the SATCOM antenna looks a little slim compared to what I've seen.

LESS FLAG! MOAR SEALS:

SEALBelt1.jpg

Legit SEAL kit, picked it up locally. As-worn by the Navy SEAL who unloaded it, including the Fobus holster. The only change I made was to remove the black duct tape securing the Fobus holster. The two '60 pouches are bodged on with a mix of elastic cord, mph tape, and paracord. Yes, I know one is a MOLLE pouch, I do not question the wisdom of a SEAL. The penis pump is actually a grab cord to help remove the belt kit quickly.

I also got two Safarilands for SIGs as part of the deal and a ruck sternum pad.

SEALbelt2.jpg

BH1.jpg

Fobus1.jpg

Fobus2.jpg

PlasticMag and Lord_Sex, nice stuff. You are both extremely lucky!

I'm hopefully going to pick up some parts to my M4 to make it more SEAL acceptable, then perhaps take a few pics of my kit. I need a whole lot of stuff to finish the kit but I'm getting there, almost done with my chest rig, and working on my M4.

Lucky indeed, but it helps living literally down the street from Little Creek and Dam Neck.

Ya, and it doesn't help to live in the middle of some screwed up, over sized suburb in Southern California, in between LA and SD :P its nice here but not my kind of place.

Some men have luck on their side, I'm doing fine with what I got though, but some real stuff would be nice. It's too expensive for what I use it for anyway.

My SEAL kit has cost <$150 for a modded LBT 1635, all the SAW pouches, the belt kit pictured above, and some other gear not pictured yet - check eBay and surplus stores, you'd be surprised at what shows up, especially in CA when SEALs leave the teams. Of course, a lot of that does have to do with location location location, but hey. ;)

Sure - wrap the rope to your left or right on your gear. Now when the belt buckle is undone, you can simply grab the rope and yank it. At least, that's how it was explained to me, since apparently the setup he used had bulk preventing simply dropping the belt.

compared to a PT Carrier, how different is this Safariland carrier?

The Safariland carrier is pretty similar to PT armor, however there is no soft armor coverage in the shoulder area, just straps. The cut of soft armor that they carry is different, but other than that, they are similar. I used to own the one above.

The Safariland carrier is pretty similar to PT armor, however there is no soft armor coverage in the shoulder area, just straps. The cut of soft armor that they carry is different, but other than that, they are similar. I used to own the one above.

thanks for the explanation. so that means PT + 1961 (or some other chest rigs) is kosher enuf?

Archived