Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must-have-flat-dark-earth... But seriously, I believe a shot of spray paint will help any black colored gun blend in more, to blend in with your gear and surroundings. Check it out in some pics, like in the OP: Redwing Sig P226's. Also, see how tan painted M4's seem to blend in?

@ ChrisU5: check out the real-steel Sig P226N (bottom pistol) on the first page, you can see the anchor symbol on the left side of the slide.

thanks for the explanation. so that means PT + 1961 (or some other chest rigs) is kosher enuf?

You do find Safariland carriers with similar mods for chest rigs, and there is even one on specwargear. However, the buckles on this one in particular do not work in conjunction with the contoured smaller ITW Nexus buckles on the 1961A. There may have been a custom rig made for the one above. The buckles on the one at SPG seem odd too.

If you wanted to do a good kit with a black safariland, I would get a OD nomex flight suit with it, and maybe a really old LBT chest rig for a late 1990s-2001 VBSS style kit.

@ ChrisU5: check out the real-steel Sig P226N (bottom pistol) on the first page, you can see the anchor symbol on the left side of the slide.

I'm not sure if all Navy P226's had the anchor symbol. I recall seeing photos of Mk24's with no special markings other than than standard stamps.

A real SEAL in most ops wouldent bear any markings of any kind on gear. So a "REAL SEAL" would just have a 226 with no markings. IDK about the pistols used in training? maby they bear a marking/logo of some kind.

So i suppose the cant have tattoos pretaining to SEALS...

At any rate it makes sense if the Navy contracted Sig for 226's that they had them throw the anchor on, with the branches wanting distinction b/w each other and what not nowdays.

Ok you guise. Not all issued Navy SEAL Sig P226N's or Sig P226's being used will have the anchor on it. There are some older issue Sig's without it. Here is a very recent pic of some Sig's at an undisclosed armory. See the red circles-wut do you see?

sigp226n.jpg

As for the painting your rifle/gear, check this picture out and then make up your minds:

p2.jpg

That's all-moar pix!

post-32207-1236823571_thumb.jpg

Question,

In this picture I see the black plastic momentary on/off pressure grips for the newer version of the surefire pistol light (See Red Circles), but I was under the impression that these switches were only available for the older and larger combat light pictured next to the red circle in the upper half of the picture. Are these pressure activated grips available for the newer weapon lights as well?

Archived