Navy SEAL Discussion/Pictures

fr00b

Hispeed you ALWAYS do this, paroting information you see in a few photos and thinking you know what's going on.

Surefire is still filling massive contracts for weapon lights, like the scout, X300, etc. In fact they're selling more lights then they can produce. They're NOT phasing them out at all. I've been in contact with former co-workers who are AT surefire still who would gladly say otherwise.

So please don't take a few photos of the block two stuff (you're STILL going on about that, honestly) and make assumptions and say them as facts.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*Edit: Btw, PlasticMag nice rig you've got how'd you grab the sucker?

It's a long story - I was given the base for free, since a) the people who had it didn't know what it was, and B) it was modified beyond general airsoft usage.

I fixed it up, scored the pouches and remainder of teh gear for dirt cheap from ex-SEAL kit piles, and assembled it as is. Total cost was around $150.

Hispeed you ALWAYS do this, paroting information you see in a few photos and thinking you know what's going on.

Surefire is still filling massive contracts for weapon lights, like the scout, X300, etc. In fact they're selling more lights then they can produce. They're NOT phasing them out at all. I've been in contact with former co-workers who are AT surefire still who would gladly say otherwise.

So please don't take a few photos of the block two stuff (you're STILL going on about that, honestly) and make assumptions and say them as facts.

Title, I was talking about the SOPMOD M4 tactical light upgrades that I saw on a Crane flowchart to upgrade from the Surefires. The SF's are still in use and will be but are being upgraded with the Insight M3X/M6X. But as you said, there are additional contracts/purchases for the SF lights, ie. SF X300, Scout, etc. I saw the SOPMOD upgrade chart, all the M3X/M6X's in the field now, talked to sources in the firearms industry and to Crane NSWC.spmd.jpg

That's a fine and dandy little flowchart you got there. But the real world, where rubber meets road, is that PEQ-2As are still issued, surefires are issued, that's really when products are introduced, not phased out. You do know that VLIs are still used quite often, PEQ-2As are used by current SEALs, and even PVS7s are as well.

If those photos that NavyMP posted should teach you is that what you read is different then what is really being used. But obviously that's not the case as you guys got exclusive current SEAL photos and it turned into a squabble. Yay....

I apologize if this doesn't gel with the Block II list that you seem to worship, but come on man, this is getting OLD.

That's a fine and dandy little flowchart you got there. But the real world, where rubber meets road, is that PEQ-2As are still issued, surefires are issued, that's really when products are introduced, not phased out. You do know that VLIs are still used quite often, PEQ-2As are used by current SEALs, and even PVS7s are as well.

If those photos that NavyMP posted should teach you is that what you read is different then what is really being used. But obviously that's not the case as you guys got exclusive current SEAL photos and it turned into a squabble. Yay....

I apologize if this doesn't gel with the Block II list that you seem to worship, but come on man, this is getting OLD.

Yes sir, you are totally right. Those are the estimated introduction times. And the older gear is still in use by the SEALs: PEQ-2, Surefires, etc. along with the newer B2 stuff. They use a mix of new and old. Please don't misunderstand-I'm not trying to squabble or debate, just sharing. :wub: There's nothing wrong with having different looking gear/accesories. As Misfit said-moving on...

[i totally missed out on NavyMP's cool pics : ( ]

IMHO insight weaponlights are garbage. they don't stand up to recoil, battery springs aren't robust, switches suck. i tossed my M3x onto the buy/sell forum, as soon as i had the funds for a surefire x200. that POS would flicker and just shut off on my RS M4 and 1911 after just a couple rounds.

Surefire is what i would trust my life to. even after bashed around, stepped on, submerged, muddied, they just plain work.

Highspeed...word of advise..trust nothing you see in powerpoint form..or what is promised by NAVSEA or Crane..LOL. Your heart will always be broken.

Lol-exactly sir! The internets, "big army" is very different from the "real world". Thanks-i knew that.

@ Chillin: sorry to hear that, my basic M3 is ok so far. Surefire does make great lights. I'm starting to look at their DE Scout line-they're just so expensive, but less bulky than the M952's.

Insight has had a contract before because they were the lowest bidder, but like I said earlier, the folks I talked to went out and bought surefire with their own dough.

The plastic Insights doesn't hold up as well as the metal Surefires, for the simple reason being materials used

You're comparing Apples to Oranges here, trust me...when you introduce real guns things fail, thumbscrews fall off, plastic melts, etc.

Heh-heh, exactly. Thats the real world Boss. (By the way CN replika COMTAC 2's don't work at the range. Plinked with a Sig Mosquito and it was horrible with it-LOL! I had to bust out my RS hearing pro's. I know what you're about to say but someone had to "Mythbuster" it.)

@ TheLair: you're right with your plastic/metal point. Yup, it's sad when DOD/Uncle Sam has to go for the "lowest bid" when buying gear for the troops who's lives depend on it.

@ Keys: so that's where all the Merrell Sawtooths went! (j/k-nice pix)

@ Pablo: thanx Sir.

I think Misfit et al have shown enough patience here folks - I'd have been on empty a while back. If you seriously can't bring yourselves to play nice and follow our rules, then frankly I'd rather you went elsewhere. In other words, shut up or *fruitcage* off.

To back up my fellow mods I want to say that in the span of no less than 5 minutes 4x posts intended to stir stuff up and cause screaming matches sprung up. This is absurd. ALMOST EVERY PROBLEM IN THIS FORUM COMES FROM THIS THREAD!

I know I haven't been around at a lot. I've been working 70-80 hours a week, so this is a past time (sadly one that's getting pushed aside for other hobbies and the quest for non-work time). Misfit has done an AWESOME job watching the forum for me while I've slacked.

But come on guys, keep things civil. This forum is only as well composed and informative as YOU make it out to be.

Archived