Ripped off by andthestoryends

W.K.Shuridys

On the 14th of April, andthestoryends returned the following to me regarding a request to buy his M11 parts:

Re:KSC M11A1 parts, Apr 14 2005, 05:17 AM

Magnesium bolt $25

Magazine Seals $8

Shipping with tracking and insurance $6

TOTAL: $39

Money orders (no paypal currently) can be sent to

Stephen D'Arcangelo

University Park, PA 16***

The same day I receive your MO I will send out the items.

If you need a trading reference, I reccomend you talk to Antagon. Im a stand up guy who is quick about mailing stuff.

If youd like to talk on the phone or anything let me know.

Otherwise, just let me know when the payment goes out so I know to look out for it.

thanks for your purchase,

Steve

I mailed a Canadian postal money order serial number 8052228576 the same day for $44.00 USD (added extra for shipping if necessary). This was the last contact I had from Stephen despite repeated followup PMs. Stephen's profile has indicated that since this time he has actively posted in several threads and forums, and thus has had ample time to both read and respond to my messages. He has not done so.

Yesterday I demanded a response by noon today, which I did not receive. Due to the obvious lack of communication between us despite repeated activity in the forums on his part, in addition to posting here regarding this transaction a mail fraud complaint has been lodged with the USPS Postal Inspection Service.

This was not how I'd hoped my first Arnie's transaction would go. I'd much rather have an M11 bolt and some seals. Nevertheless, I don't take kindly to being strung along and ripped off.

He seems like a well enough person. He could just be caught up in delays.

I've been slacking on 3 items I need to send out, namely Vipers P90, andthestoryends barrel, and a member on CA.net's flash hider.

I've had zero time to get down to the post office lately, between work and school, by the time I'm done with both, the PO is closed. It doesn't help that they don't work weekends, and their weekday hours suck.

I'm not trying to give you excuses, just honest reasons as to *MY* delays. It may be the same case with him.

Sorry to sound like the anal adult, but if someone has paid for items, it's more than reasonable to expect them asap. If individuals are unable to post them due to real life issues, this should be made clear in correspondance, and not mentioned as an afterthought.

As with most sales issues, it is the lack of communication that is the most annoying, as it indicates to the buyer that the seller is deliberately ripping them off. This may not be the case here, but the fact that the seller has found time to post on the forums, but not send the buyer a response to PMs is a little insulting.

At least the buyer in this case has some tracable details in case the issue cannot be resolved amicably.

I don't know much about this guy, but do you think his address should be up there? Maybe it's not a big deal, I dunno.

A valid concern, and even though I feel like the victim here I try to respect the privacy of others. I have edited it out.

And the others are right, I have no problem with someone being delayed because of other committments. As long as you tell me. The fact that someone's got time to post in the forums but NOT take the same time to PM me back about something that should be more important, indicates to me something's wrong.

Archived