Japan

WhutJP

Okay so im a little bored and I thought I'd just share some pictures I've taken since moving to japan.

Might add to this as time goes by. Others please feel free to add too, though I think pictures that you personally have taken would be better rather than posting photos off engrish.com or whatever. Also, i apologise for the large size of the photos...

ma320143.jpg

ma320115.jpg

These are current political posters.

ma320139.jpg

ma320138.jpg

ma320137.jpg

ma320148.jpg

ma320136.jpg

ma320038.jpg

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me wonder what our Hispanic population thinks of all our Spanish ads/instructions.

I'm a proponent of one-language countries. If you want to live in a country, learn the damn language. That goes for any country.

It makes me wonder what our Hispanic population thinks of all our Spanish ads/instructions.

I find them hilarious. I get tempted to get a marker and correct the mistakes.

I'm a proponent of one-language countries. If you want to live in a country, learn the damn language. That goes for any country.

Last time i checked, the US didnt have an official language.

Lol, how did a pictures of Japan thread turn in to a "lets discuss possible official languages in the USA" thread?

(Anyways, you know deep in your heart that the official language should be Russian, you capatalist swine....)

Anyways, ill post some more up tonight. I was just going to post the weird/funny things ive seen in japan but If you really want more scenic (be it city or countryside) I can post them too. However then this thread should be moved to Off Topic..

hahah dog foods menu? can you take your dog out to dinner there?

I go to a cafe called "Puppy's Dining" in Odaiba (man-made island in Tokyo bay) quite often actually and yes they do have a menu for dogs. Tell ya' what, pets in Tokyo are looked after better than the homeless. If I believe in re-incarnation, I'd like to come back as a Japanese pet.

Ohkay so these aren't funnies but I just bought a new camera and so I took some photos from around my neighbourhood this evening.

I promise soon (tomorrow prob) I'll post some funnies, in particular i will introduce you all to the shiny uncle.

But in the meantime;

p1000003l.jpg

p1000019p.jpg

p1000030gck.jpg

p1000031.jpg

p1000033.jpg

Not the best I know but meh...

Haha, well unfortunately the only pics i have of school girls are my students and i teach at a junior high. Its more like little kids in frumpy sailor-esque uniforms sorry ;P

though im sure there are many japanese that like that *shudders..* it really is quite gross n creepy here sometimes.

and with that note i bring you;

ma320133.jpg

ma320128.jpg

ma320131.jpg

ma320132.jpg

ma320134.jpg

Archived