Japan

WhutJP

Aww. cuz I iz evil?

Cute But Psycho type? ;)

As for jap and korean soft drinks, yes they're mad awesome. I can get some of the more generic ones like the Pokka ones in London but they don't come cheap. We'd had a lot more variety in Singapore but then Singapore doesn't have airsoft.
Hmmm... There? Of course if you're not blessed with having a "Cuisines of the World" shop around (my ex used to work in one. They had otherwise unavailable stuff from US (Poptards!), all over Asia (though not Pocky :( ) and other straight-up bizarre regions of the world).

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cant wait to go to japan next year for my kendo training gonna try and do it on a teaching paid for trip, Just need to finish my degree !

Aww. cuz I iz evil?

Really surprised you haven’t talked about a Penectomy yet

I can't quite remember, but I do remember that it was about the only one of their energy drinks I didn't like. Aquarius is far better. :)

EDIT: £2.50 plus shipping for a (small) can of Fanta? Jesu Christo, I refuse to pay that!

Yeah, i was of the opinion that aquarius was far better but ive come to like pocari more. (pocari is actually pretty good for you too)

and in the middle of the blazing hell that passes for summer here its a godsend.

It tastes like.. hm.. sweet water? yeah, it was kinda weird when i first had it but ive gotten used to it.

As for sending the cans, well i could but i have a feeling that the postage would be considerable. the cans are cheap (bout a 100yen each) but postage would kill im thinking. the 2.50 a can might actually be about right.

What about if we do a group order? We PayPal WhutJP, who buys the goods in Japan, we then all chip in on shipping, and when you get them, HaVoC, you send them out standard delivery?

I'll take some Pocari Sweat, some Aquarius, and some assorted Japanese candy that you think I like/I should try. :P

Other than that, it's CyberCandy, and they don't do many of the Japanese Drinks (although they do stock Jolt Cola, which is the sex).

Ben.

Cute But Psycho type? ;)

Hmmm... There? Of course if you're not blessed with having a "Cuisines of the World" shop around (my ex used to work in one. They had otherwise unavailable stuff from US (Poptards!), all over Asia (though not Pocky :( ) and other straight-up bizarre regions of the world).

That one seems fairly generic to me. When i say unique i mean really unique like the stuff u can only find in Japan. Then again I could get my 'rents to DHL stuff over from Singapore if i really wanna.

Really surprised you haven’t talked about a Penectomy yet

When u develop a rep for it, someone else will always mention it for ya :D

I've always fancied trying Pocari Sweat... Anyone know what it tastes like, exactly?

I imagine it to be like Powerade?

Ben.

like... sweat? xD nah it tastes like H2O, this drink we have in Singapore, not sure if u've had it before. Best description I can give is that it tastes "isotonic-y" certainly nothing like a powerade. Actually if u're in london I can bring u to someplace that sells them n u can have a try.

Tokyo toys in london has lots of japanese (etc) snacks and such, not sure about soft drinks as i didnt see any when i was last in but i got a huuuuuuuuggee box of pocky for silly cheap.

Good times =]

Tokyo Toys? is that the shop in Trocadero? Haha I love that shop. Sod the snacks, I got meself a sailor moon cosplay costume there for 40quid! :D

Tokyo Toys is a little expensive but now that the £ to the $ has droped its almost the same, they dont have much stock either :(

Guys a while back a mate came back from japan he got me some sort of plum wine something like that i want to find it again it was sooooo nice !

It has a see therw bottle and you can see a mini plum or some sort of fruit at the bottom of the bottle

Anyone know the name and make ?

It basically tastes exactly like sake, except it's distilled so rather than being 15% like regular sake, it's between 30 and 60%.

I remember being given a double shot of the stuff by a bartender in Naha. I'd been going steady all night (mixing, granted - beer, to rum and coke, to whiskey) and while drunk, I was aware of what was going on just fine.

I took that double shot and basically hit a wall and passed out on the bar. Somehow got back to my hotel at 6:30am, and I reckon I did that shot at maybe 2am. Awesome stuff.

EDIT: Terrifying idea - what happens if you do sake bombs with this stuff?

Guys a while back a mate came back from japan he got me some sort of plum wine something like that i want to find it again it was sooooo nice !

It has a see therw bottle and you can see a mini plum or some sort of fruit at the bottom of the bottle

Anyone know the name and make ?

u can get that in London actually, altho not the Choya ones.

Archived