Japan

WhutJP

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I could get to GZ I'd be there myself. Wrong place and wrong time, sadly.

I have a small bottle of Awamori I brought back with me, but I think it's 'only' 45%. I'll try using it for sake bombs, though, and see what happens. I predict death and/or the worst hangover ever.

Yeah i wouldn't mind packaging some stuff together and shipping it off, it wouldn't be too much effort. (perhaps sort it out via pm?)

And man this thread moved fast in the last day or so...

Anyways, here are a few more pics;

Japanese fashion is fun.

ma320673.jpg

shibuya in the rain on a monday avo.

ma320671.jpg

ma320669.jpg

who doesnt love sex shops? (i blacked out my friend's face, seemed the polite thing to do)

ma320659.jpg

forumyhu.jpg

And now, the teacher in me wishes to pass on a lesson; I shall be using this fantastic textbook:

09042216320001.jpg (translation of the title: Learn how to tell American jokes! Vol.2)

here are a couple insights in to American jokes, ahem;

Necessity

A man will pay $2 for a $1 he needs.

A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item she doesn't need.

Well, wasn't that hilarious? those Americans sure know about jokes...

anyways, here's another.

Mugger

Late one night, a mugger wearing a ski mask jumped in to the path of a well dressed man and stuck a gun in his ribs. "Give me your money!" He demanded.

Indignant, the affluent man replied, "You can't do this! - I'm a United States Congressman!"

"In that case" replied the mugger "give me MY money."

What a wonderful book.

Re: Sake/awamori bombs with Asahi beer, it'll probably make Asahi taste better. That stuff is so dry. :(

Sapporo Black Label is the best mainstream Japanese beer in my opinion. Nothing comes close to Helios beer, but that's only sold in one place, and that's down in Okinawa. Damn I miss that stuff, but at least I got a glass. :)

Also my last night in Helios Pub I got invited to the bartender's birthday party after his shift ended, which was pretty damn cool.

EDIT: WhutJP, I think the best way to work the group order is if anyone who wants some stuff PMs me with what they want. Give it a week or so and I'll PM you a final list, and you can tell me if it's ok or not, and give a rough price. Then I'll take payment from people, you can ship the stuff out, and I'll cover distribution on my end. Let me know if that sounds ok.

Sounds good to me Havoc.

I guess if you want stuff, PM him.

Yeah the beer here isn't that great. You cant get much sapporo where I am, its all kirin or asahi.

Every single joke in that book is on par with those two. Its amazing just how completely un-funny it is.

As for looking cool, lol. I guess I haven't gone "teacher" yet then, heh. Mind you most foreign english teachers here are like me; young, here just for a working holiday and their job doesn't carry nearly as much responsibility as a proper teacher does.

• 2 months later...

Haven't posted in here in a while, but then I haven't seen much craziness in a while either.

However, today we had a solar eclipse here, it was about 80% cover in the area that I am in; it was completely full further south.

zoomed.jpg

p1010353z.jpg

With the naked eye it looked more like this :

p1010340q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, it's been a while since I replied in this thread, so I thought I'd just add a few things.

first is some pics of some of the weird and wonderful t-shirts I've acquired since being here;

p1010900m.th.jpgp1010892h.th.jpgp1010891.th.jpg

p1010888g.th.jpgp1010886f.th.jpg

Atom

p1010894u.th.jpgw1024.pngp1010895.th.jpgp1010896m.th.jpg

The other stuff is bizzare things I've seen at school.

The first is this - a student's memory of summer vacation.

img0053m.jpg

Then there's this: we got the kids to draw jack-o-lantern faces just as a fun kind of activity and this is one of the ones that showed up (unfinished atm)

img0154y.jpg

some kind of Hitler Samurai?

anyways lastly, this;

img0151m.jpg

img0152px.jpg

There is a number of these in the hallways of every elementary school in Japan. What it says there on the pole is "Please, do not touch the kids."

It's called the Stranger Pole. And what it is for is for fending off strangers or weird perverts if they come to the school. Yeah, that's what the curved part at the end is for.

I do and do not want to see one of these used, do because well.. this thing is hiliarious. And don't cos I don't want some creep coming to the school.

Archived