AVP

recon

what do you think of the movie alien versus predator?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of the movie alien versus predator?

• great
    • good
    • not bad
    • s**t

okay im confused.

*note: spoiler if anybody hasnt seen the film*

dont read if you aint seen it.

Bishop dies in this film which is set and the film quotes "10/10/2004".

but in alien 3, he's alive and well......which is quite a neat trick for a dead person.

anybody?

okay im confused.

*note: spoiler if anybody hasnt seen the film*

dont read if you aint seen it.

Bishop dies in this film which is set  and the film quotes "10/10/2004".

but in alien 3, he's alive and well......which is quite a neat trick for a dead person.

anybody?

lets not forget this is a movie, just because he's lying there bleeding profusely after being stabbed or w/e happened doesnt EXACTLY mean he's dead ;)

Oh and the fact that the entire pyramid thing is nuked by the Predator... :mellow:

OOPS! (spoiler alert!) :blush:

Ahem... Anyway, absolutely useless piece of info No. 2566 Lance Henriksen voiced the main character in the computer game Run Like Hell....

In alien 3 she kills herself because she has one inside her.I know this because he jumps into a bloody LAVA PIT!!!!!!!!! If you guys are referring to the 1992 version see the new one !!!! She then gets resurrected hence RESURRECTION. so really she is dead and its just clones. TIP get the special edition Quadrilogy a lot but each one has about 15 added scenes. :D:D

No I think you've got that confused with "Alien - Spy Kids", certificate U-12. In this amazing pre-pre-prequel Ripley at age 10 on her way to playskool stubles into a house full of some naughty xenomorphs that have appeared from some highly implausable plot twist. All seems lost until her Teacher who si also her dad (bizarrely played by Lance Henrickson) comes in to save the day, after learning kung-fu in mere seconds, and raiding the local gunclub for supplies, as it turns out he's actually a top US spy.

..thankfully Ripley undergoes hypo-regression to make her forget the events of the film.. or something.

Useless fact. Hendrickson was first cast as the Terminator for the first Arnie film, but wanted to play the policeman instead. Heaven knows how history would have panned out if that had happened the other way around.

Hmm further thought: You do realise that this means that they can release ANOTHER box set next year, this time with Alien1-4, AvP and the two Predator films? Now stick in 54 weeks of boring documentaries, old trailers and voiceovers, not forgetting the special edition of Aliens/Alien and you've now got the best part of a 10 disc DVD box set. ..yawn.

At least the days of VHS are over or they'd re-release that lot in widescreen, then THX after that, all in pretty different coloured carboard boxes that fall to bits.

You just KNOW it's gonna happen... B)

In alien 3 she kills herself because she has one inside her.I know this because he jumps into a bloody LAVA PIT!!!!!!!!! If you guys are referring to the 1992 version see the new one !!!! She then gets resurrected hence RESURRECTION. so really she is dead and its just clones. TIP get the special edition Quadrilogy a lot but each one has about 15 added scenes. :D  :D

Sorry, but I love the Alien films and I feel the need to pick holes in this... ;)

Lava pit?! NO! It was molten lead. Since when have they been mining and refining lava...? Pay attention to the film! ;)

I have seen both versions of the film Alien 3, and both are below average as far as Alien films go, IMHO. The dog-burder was cool, and they removed it in the SE... :mellow:

Ressurection was the worst of the series. By a mile. The series was dead - what were they thinking???!!! :o

Oh, and doesn't the Quadrilogy really rock? Thing is...9 discs is just too much... ;)

Resurrections problem was it couldn't make it's mind up about what kinda film it was, first part very arty with left and right handed guards. Second part kinda like Aliens with action and creeping around (not enough action for it to truly be as good as Aliens) third part, revenge of the splat gore monster. Cut the last 10 - 15 minutes and it would have been better than 3, keep the last 10-15 minutes and you've got a pile of dog sh*te......

In alien 3 she kills herself because she has one inside her.I know this because he jumps into a bloody LAVA PIT!!!!!!!!! If you guys are referring to the 1992 version see the new one !!!! She then gets resurrected hence RESURRECTION. so really she is dead and its just clones. TIP get the special edition Quadrilogy a lot but each one has about 15 added scenes. :D  :D

Look what you did. We were talking about Bishop. I looked back over the older posts to see if you referencing an earlier one, but Ripley wasn't even mentioned. Please don't post blind.

Plymouth Roadrunner got it though; in Alien 3, Bishop said he was the real Bishop, then takes what would be a fatal blow to the bonce without so much as drop of blood; Ergo, he's a cyborg. So that's why he could have died in AvP without it being anachronistic.

/mutter

Look what you did. We were talking about Bishop. I looked back over the older posts to see if you referencing an earlier one, but Ripley wasn't even mentioned. Please don't post blind.

Plymouth Roadrunner got it though; in Alien 3, Bishop said he was the real Bishop, then takes what would be a fatal blow to the bonce without so much as drop of blood; Ergo, he's a cyborg. So that's why he could have died in AvP without it being anachronistic.

/mutter

Brilliant film I will watch it again at the cinema and buy it when its released

*albartroth*. I was going to see this next Saturday...

I might have to make do with the new Resi Evil film then...

sorry to brake this for you Havoc_Man but Resident Evil 2 sucks aswel.

Lots of stupid comments during the film and lots of lame non scary scenes

in the film render it as interessting as An Action Man comersial :o

Just seen AvP.

T'was ok (and nothing more), but...erm...

SPOILER ALERT!

The whole Predator-Human thing at the end was touching *sniff*, but it sort of destroys any sense of menace belonging to the entire Predator franchise. Near the end I thought they were going to stop for a quicky and a cup of tea together... :rolleyes:

All of the Humans were pathetic. So were the Predators, to be honest. I rooted for the Aliens... :rolleyes:

The people who made it clearly thought "I know, let's make it a special effects-laden super-bonanza sequel to both film franchises!". The only problem was that the SFX weren't really much cop...

The Alien Queen walked like she had the largest turtle's head on record peeking out of her *albatross*. The Queen in Aliens (made in 1982, more than 20 years ago) walked more convincingly...

Had they made it like the AvP games and included the Colonial Marines, it'd be worth watching for just that reason. What we have here are a bunch of generic no-names bickering amongst each other, with the least imaginative weaponry I've ever seen (bar Bishops' flamethrower - that was unintentionally quite funny ;) ).

Bishop was too old, and he was killed by a Predator... :huh:

How many endings were there? The base is blown up. Yay. The Alien Queen survived. Yay. They killed the Alien Queen. Yay. The Predator dies. Yay. The film's finally over...YAHOO!!!

END SPOILER ALERT

Save yourself the cash and leave it...

The Alien Queen walked like she had the largest turtle's head on record peeking out of her *albatross*. The Queen in Aliens (made in 1982, more than 20 years ago) walked more convincingly...

Aliens was released in 1986.

/nerd

Archived