'dying' in airsoft. 52.35% more fun, guranteed

pregnant N proud

What am?

The rules at FCS regarding tag kills are basically; no grabbing at faces and necks so goggles aren't affected; grabbing weapons counts as a kill; no grabbing crotches.

AmateurStuntman* pushed for a change in the rules; that crotch-grabs were to be made acceptable but only if you made an extremely camp "fwi-fwoo" whistle whilst going for the kill. I don't believe that anyone got a kill like that during play.

I'm not sure what punky means by full-contact games TBH. She could mean the lack of surrender and bang kills?

*I can't remember his meatspace name. I'm so very awful with names.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My two cents about "dying" - don't over do it. In a real firefight, when people get shot, they don't have time to grab their throats, gurgle, and then slowly keel forward. They just drop right then and there.

But then again, during medic games, it is very entertaining and immersive to see the "wounded" writhe around on the ground in agony and screaming "MEDIC!" and see other people dragging them to safety by their limbs or vest handles. I've been dragged a few times at Jericho and they weren't bad.

A way to solve the problem of safety would be to require that all people somehow indicate that they're not really injured... say, they have to wave their red arm handkerchief around in a certain fashion while simulating a death.

cant see the harm in some Mild amature dramatics ie falling to your knees screaming im Hit , but for the throwing yourself halfway across the field backward is gonna get people thinking your truely hurt or at worst getting yourself hurt.

But each to there own as pointed out at the end of the day it's nubbin more than playing toy soldier its a game and should always be fun :D

The rules at FCS regarding tag kills are basically; no grabbing at faces and necks so goggles aren't affected; grabbing weapons counts as a kill; no grabbing crotches.

AmateurStuntman* pushed for a change in the rules; that crotch-grabs were to be made acceptable but only if you made an extremely camp "fwi-fwoo" whistle whilst going for the kill. I don't believe that anyone got a kill like that during play.

I'm not sure what punky means by full-contact games TBH. She could mean the lack of surrender and bang kills?

*I can't remember his meatspace name. I'm so very awful with names.

No crotch grabs, but crotch stabs are my specialty!

What I remember of full contact games are balls-out complete mayhem. Anything goes, you can be as rough as you want. I remembered sawing off the head of a hostage and hacking his southern bits off with a rubber knife once as the leader of the terrs once. Stuff like that. Usually for full contact games Andy's scenarios are very specific to each "team" and often there are surprises that would wouldn't expect. Often the "terr" or "defenders" even have assigned personalities to make the game realistic and as interesting as possible. Limb shots don't kill etc. We get a lot of hilarity when full contact games are run. That one time I was terr leader one of my guys whose assigned personality was "coward" shot his fellow terr in the back because the other guy was "fanatic" and would not let them retreat. So the coward shot his fellow terrorist in the back so he could run away XD

I'm surprised no toher Norwegians has commented on this, as we rarely play for sport or winning, we play for the great experience, and the feeling you get when everything is just "right".

I have rarely just called hit and gone to respawn. I most oftenly fall down on my knees, and from my knees down to my belly, and lie there until most action is over where I am, THEN I go respawn. Most others here do much of the same thing, of course with some variations.

if there's a medic involved, we'll writhe in agony and pain, shouting out loud for a medics attention, claiming to bleed to death, get blurry vision, those kind of things. if a medic shows up, he'll gethelp from someone on the team, and they'll drag me out of harms way. That's afterall what the draghandles on our vests are there for;)

During Norways biggest game, Op. Pinky V, we had an ingame ambulance that took people to the ingame field hospital.

medics could stabilize a patient within five minutes, and then the paramedics could pick you up and get yout o the field hospital, where you'd be fixed up so you could go back in the game.

I laid in the hospital once, simulated breathing problems, had been shot in the longue(?). Got intubated down the throat, and got help breathing. faked a heartfailure shortly thereafter, and got "restarted" by a dummy heartzappingdevice. (don't know what those are called in english).

Fake blood was applied to my entire upper body through the swabs that were supposed toremove blood from me, and I got "IV-needles" taped to my wrists so it'd look as if I was on drip.

Overall, it added to the realism and gameplay of everybody around us, and it takes airsoft to a new level!

I actually don't understand how you can't act out a little deathscene every now and then. Just shout "Aaaahhhh, i'm hit!!" and start rolling on the floor calliong for medics, or simply die.

If you do, you can lie there and see what's happening, see if other people get's shot, watch cool tactics, do whatever.

That's my opinion.

I'm surprised no toher Norwegians has commented on this, as we rarely play for sport or winning, we play for the great experience, and the feeling you get when everything is just "right".

I have rarely just called hit and gone to respawn. I most oftenly fall down on my knees, and from my knees down to my belly, and lie there until most action is over where I am, THEN I go respawn. Most others here do much of the same thing, of course with some variations.

if there's a medic involved, we'll writhe in agony and pain, shouting out loud for a medics attention, claiming to bleed to death, get blurry vision, those kind of things. if a medic shows up, he'll gethelp from someone on the team, and they'll drag me out of harms way. That's afterall what the draghandles on our vests are there for;)

During Norways biggest game, Op. Pinky V, we had an ingame ambulance that took people to the ingame field hospital.

medics could stabilize a patient within five minutes, and then the paramedics could pick you up and get yout o the field hospital, where you'd be fixed up so you could go back in the game.

I laid in the hospital once, simulated breathing problems, had been shot in the longue(?). Got intubated down the throat, and got help breathing. faked a heartfailure shortly thereafter, and got "restarted" by a dummy heartzappingdevice. (don't know what those are called in english).

Fake blood was applied to my entire upper body through the swabs that were supposed toremove blood from me, and I got "IV-needles" taped to my wrists so it'd look as if I was on drip.

Overall, it added to the realism and gameplay of everybody around us, and it takes airsoft to a new level!

I actually don't understand how you can't act out a little deathscene every now and then. Just shout "Aaaahhhh, i'm hit!!" and start rolling on the floor calliong for medics, or simply die.

If you do, you can lie there and see what's happening, see if other people get's shot, watch cool tactics, do whatever.

That's my opinion.

Indeed the one thing i love about airsoft, is when you get to play doctors.

Infact my next loadout is going to be based around this badass;

drcox.th.jpg

Except with a better tac-vest, those white coats only hold 2 AK mags in each pocket.

faked a heartfailure shortly thereafter, and got "restarted" by a dummy heartzappingdevice. (don't know what those are called in english).

Defibrillator I think, if I recall correctly from my House MD watching.

Reminds me of a German LARP I attended where goblins made a medieval defibrillator.

When they zapped a bunch of prisoners back to life, they wondered why they kept squirming and screaming. Unfortunately, they hadn't bothered to take off their breastplates first.

Defibrillator I think, if I recall correctly from my House MD watching.

Reminds me of a German LARP I attended where goblins made a medieval defibrillator.

When they zapped a bunch of prisoners back to life, they wondered why they kept squirming and screaming. Unfortunately, they hadn't bothered to take off their breastplates first.

Heehee: Defibrillator is right, and acting out a death, even if it's just falling to the floor whilst screaming "MEDIC!" is SOO fun... But you SHOULD make sure people know that they didn't just kill you. For real.

Its all fun and games when some of us enjoy acting out our Hollywood deaths, but there are plenty occasions when a tumbling, gurgling, screaming, then motionless corpse left out to be one with the earth becomes a bit of a hazard. Only when there's free space and I'm really the only viable target in the immediate area do I sometimes act out (the crowd enjoys it as much as I do) but corridors, tight rooms, staircases are definitely a no go since you have a high chance of tripping people and getting stepped on not to mention becoming human shields for the few seconds that you're still "dying".

edit:

theres also staying dead and motionless for long periods as people may get used to the sight of dead bodies and not act immediately when someone collapses from heat stroke or whatnot. If anyone should pull of fancy death scenes it would be wise to equip yourself with a theatrical red handkerchief to signify blood and the mere fact that you're acting dead.

Hitting the dirt has an advantage, at least in a CQB setting. Sometimes, the crossfire is so intense that standing up and walking out is a hazard to both yourself and your teammates - yourself because you are very likely to get hit repeatedly by uninformed OPFOR and your teammates because you are very likely blocking their shots while walking out. I find it better, during intense firefights, to just drop forward, pull my rifle under me, and throw a red rag over my head.

In CQB, I do it even more. As mentioned, you get out of harms way bulletwise, and how ghey isn't it when you're storming a room,and suddenly one of your own starts walking the other way, blocking the rest of you, and *fruitcage* up realism? If someone goes down during real cqb, they don't walk out, they become another obstacle to be cleared.

Two guys did this for me, unintentionally. I was hiding behind a bush, halfway up a gravelly hill at GZ with my MP5. I heard the crunch crunch of people running towards me, so i jumped out at them and fired a burst from about 3-4m away. As soon as they saw me they tried to stop, but couldnt as they were running too fast so their legs flew out from under them and fell straight on their backs just after my bbs hit them.

It looked so cool, i couldnt have done it better if i planned it.

Darkchild

I did it at my most recent game. We had Last Stand rules on, and revival rules. I got hit in the knuckle with AEG fire, so I was down. I fell down, dramatically, onto my back. The enemy ordered me to place my AEG to my side, along with my sidearm. I complied. My other friend, hiding inside of a bunker, popped out with his sidearm, and popped one of the enemy. I rolled over to grab my pistol, only to get finished off by the other guy.

It definitely increases fun-percent.

Darkchild, that sounds awesome.

At F&Os Academy events the bad guys are all staff or experienced members and tend to ham it up when dying. Anyone who dies has to drop to the ground. In some corridors everbody is dead and moaning except for one from each team taking pot shots at each and being unable to get anywhere cos of all the bodies clogging the corridor. There was also one incident involving a terrorist caught on the toilet reading a newspaper...

On the otherhand at some bigger urban days there are so many players trying to stack up and assault a building or floor that controlling the stream of dead players is difficult enough without having people dramatically throwing themselves around.

It is certainly fun to play dead in games, but then the safety factor of someone falling on something sharp or a 'crying wolf' incident must be taken into account.

When my friends and I play on our larger field, walking back to respawn is somewhat impractical because it would often be a 5 to 10 minute walk, and we want to have some realism as well. My solution to that when someone is hit, they simply need a medic. They can fall back as if they took a hit, and then call for a medic. It's fun when you shoot at someone, see them drop down, and hear them shouting frantically "Medic! Medic!!". If they got hurt they would be screaming for help, or they'd be silent, so we know when it's the game and when someone needs help. So far nobody has ever been close to getting hurt. The medic comes and revives them for one minute, then they're back in the game. If no medic comes after three minutes or so, they can go back to respawn as they have 'bled out'. We also made it so wounded players cannot shoot, but they can crawl a little. This has made it fun to go searching where you hit someone, and find them curled up behind a tree. Then we take them prisoner and hold them for three minutes before relieving ourselves of the burden, and they go back to respawn. It works quite well, and helps add to the realism and immersion in the game without going overboard.

• 2 weeks later...

It's definitely an option, but I would restrict it to a slower or not quite as hardcore match. 'Speedball' or CQB would be a very, very bad idea to drop to the ground. Most people rely on hearing HIT and seeing the replica in the air to know someone is dead, so they may continue firing thinking you're just dodging shots...

Well one time I was playing at this place called TagZone where its not airsoft, but painball guns that shoot rubber balls the size of regular marbles (the guns are powered down to 200FPS).

We were in the starting area and when the green light was on and we all rushed out, someone shot a ball at us and it ricocheted against a wall directly into my carotid artery (my neck) under my mask.

Needless to say, I fell straight on my back and writhed in pain holding my neck gushing out "uaghghghgh ohhh god"

Well one time I was playing at this place called TagZone where its not airsoft, but painball guns that shoot rubber balls the size of regular marbles (the guns are powered down to 200FPS).

We were in the starting area and when the green light was on and we all rushed out, someone shot a ball at us and it ricocheted against a wall directly into my carotid artery (my neck) under my mask.

Needless to say, I fell straight on my back and writhed in pain holding my neck gushing out "uaghghghgh ohhh god"

I've had that on a proper paintball field when I was a marshal. I was shouting the 10 second countdown until the end of the game and then a stray shot hits me directly in the throat. So the other marshal wonders what happened when I shout "10, 9, 8... URGHGRGHGRGHGHGHRG!!"

Not fun when it happened but quite funny when I look back at it.

Archived