'dying' in airsoft. 52.35% more fun, guranteed

pregnant N proud

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On my local site, the dead rules are very clear (shout hit, stand up, weapon over head) so you aren't allowed to ham it up. As has already been highlighted, there are safety issues. Hamming can be hilarious though - the most satisfying kill I got was at Berget: I had my sniper rifle and was concealed in the scrub, laying against a hill and waiting for an enemy patrol to walk within range on the path below.

VSR: *Thump*

*pointman gets hit in centre of chest*

Pointman: "Gaaaaah!"

*collapses into dirt*

Rest of team: "Sniper! Sniper!"

*team scatters*

God, it was awesome.

i have seen and done a few accidental deaths while i played one of the best was in somewood land:

i was behind a tree reloding and i saw 'that days newbie' strolling towads me looking quite twitched. I decided to be a bit mean and when he was about 2 1/2 metres from me i jumped out screamed ant shot him. he nearly shat himself and fell over into a bush screaming.

the same thing happend to me on a cqb, i was crouching by a desk when a guy popped over it and pointed a pisoll in my face (he was gonna tag kill me he just did it for effect) anyway it work and i jumped back into the table knocking it and him over. lol

• 1 month later...

The problem with fake deaths, as great as they are, is that ive seen a scream and a fall mistaken for a sprained ankle or such on more than one occasion! That said ive seen some fantastic ones previously

At an Urban game, one guys showing off his new CAW revolver. He fires it into a room, and the three guys who are hit in the process then decide to dive out of that rooms window (open) and roll around on the ground screaming :D

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm the shooter... just wanting to illustrate how totally unplanned I fell down while dying, and went along with it just for fun. It turned out quite ok on camera.

Regarding the original topic, Cimmerian Airsoft actually encourage this: http://www.cimmerians.org/Rules_of_Engagement.html

Getting Hit

When you are hit, by all means act it out. Scream, yell, cry for Mama or die with your gun blazoning in the air. It all adds to the realism of the re-enactment. Also, if you feel that an operator has made a good shot, by all means compliment him on his marksmanship. When an operator is hit and after acting out his death, should he choose to do so, that operator will raise his hand and or gun over his head and yell "HIT, HIT, HIT" as loudly as possible. It is important to yell "Hit" loud enough so that the enemy can hear you. If you don't, enemy operators may continue to shoot at you. If you have a red rag, place it on top of your head. This makes it easier for enemies to identify you as a dead man.

Haven't been there though - its across the ocean.

• 3 months later...

in my backwoods games i play with friends we don't do deaths by you are hit so you leave.....we play by if you are killed you hold the death rag in your hand and lie on the ground and act dead and when the battle moves to another spot the person who plays the role of medic or referee takes the dead back to starting area where they wait for the next game....our games are pretty small like at most 24 people in all so its easier to keep track of who's dead so people can't cheat and sneak back into the game...thats just us though so this system wouldn't work in a larger game probably

• 2 weeks later...

lolz, I'm going to suggest this to the Spleens for our next Leeroy rush....

Scream bloody murder and Hit... while falling dramatically and start twitching...

Also for those long moments when 2 teams are staring at each other open across open fields, just pull a random team member out and perform an empty mag GBB head shot execution.... and the executed just lays there for awhile!!!!

Would be good for a laugh.....

Hitting the dirt has an advantage, at least in a CQB setting. Sometimes, the crossfire is so intense that standing up and walking out is a hazard to both yourself and your teammates - yourself because you are very likely to get hit repeatedly by uninformed OPFOR and your teammates because you are very likely blocking their shots while walking out. I find it better, during intense firefights, to just drop forward, pull my rifle under me, and throw a red rag over my head.

In CQB, I do it even more. As mentioned, you get out of harms way bulletwise, and how ghey isn't it when you're storming a room,and suddenly one of your own starts walking the other way, blocking the rest of you, and *fruitcage* up realism? If someone goes down during real cqb, they don't walk out, they become another obstacle to be cleared.

If you need to act like this then your site and players have some serious issues with their procedures.

If you get shot you should put your hands on your head or hold your gun in the air, shout "hit" and (most importantly) GET OUT OF THE WAY.

Standing still in a corridor or turning around and pushing your way back the way you came is NOT getting out of the way any more than lying on the floor in everybody's way is.

It's up to the site and marshals to sort this out.

Marshals need to be aware of where the action is likely to occur and guide dead players out by a safe route to respawn.

If you're getting shot at when it's clear that you're already hit and you are out of the way then the players doing it need a good *badger*ing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived