Crye's new website

Sonny

After how many years!?

http://www.cryeprecision.com/default.aspx

Interesting note for those not in the US about shipping overseas:

We do ship internationally as well, and typically use FedEx. We also will work with your preferred freight forwarder to get a shipment to you. The customer is responsible for any duties and taxes. We are not able to process credit cards issued through foreign banks. We will accept wire transfers which can be arranged by contacting a sales representative.

Already placed my order :)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sexy! BDU prices are a bit more than the Gen 1s, but the pads have been given a drastic reduction in cost. Would love to get my hands on a pair but my gen 1s are still as reliable as ever.

I also take it that the Cage armor system is now their official proprietary vest? Have they abandoned the crye style plates?

Sexy! BDU prices are a bit more than the Gen 1s, but the pads have been given a drastic reduction in cost. Would love to get my hands on a pair but my gen 1s are still as reliable as ever.

I also take it that the Cage armor system is now their official proprietary vest? Have they abandoned the crye style plates?

Prices went up for the Gen 2 stuff too. When I got my Gen 2 gear, it was about 20% cheaper than their current list price. The pads are also more expensive than the Gen 1 pads were way back when.

As for the Gen 1 armor system, last I heard, it's been fully replaced by the Gen 2 armor.

The Ranger Green style apparel is awesome and the fitting for the Combat BDUs is across the board decent (kinda getting used to it), though I still really like my Gen 1s.

I tried it on Opera, Firefox, Safari, even IE5 and it told me it had a mac script error... Hrmmmm it was probably Bank of America trying to tell me they cost too much.

Sorry TCI no TABC rewire this month...

EDIT: huh just tried it again with no issues on Opera....

Man, I like their field gear.

Their combat stuff is a bit too pricey for me. I have a limit at about $150 for a single piece, beyond that and I feel that I'm spending enough money to not worry about penny pinching anymore. I'd go with a D3o baselayer under Arc'teryx myself.

But you gotta give them credit, even at those prices, people will line up around the block to buy; can't knock that kind of success.

It's expensive, but try on a set of genuine and a set of third party/knock off, hands down CP is money well spent, it's good they do internastional now, shame it's transfers though, get some paypal or accept mastercard people :P

Chevieblazer, they do ship internationally according to their shipping page:

We do ship internationally as well, and typically use FedEx. We also will work with your preferred freight forwarder to get a shipment to you. The customer is responsible for any duties and taxes. We are not able to process credit cards issued through foreign banks. We will accept wire transfers which can be arranged by contacting a sales representative. As actual shipping charges frequently are updated by the carrier from the initial online estimates, we reserve the right to charge for any additional shipping costs. Some items may require an export license which could delay your shipment. This affects international shipments as well as shipments to APO/FPO’s.

However, there are some extra hoops to jump through, its a slight shame they didn't incorporate a paypal facility into their website. Still, great to see that they're selling to the public :)

Archived