Crye's new website

Sonny

I couldnt resist the combat set in black as well. Lets just say it was a very expensive day for me...

Combat Knee Pad Style 02 Khaki

Combat Shirt Army Custom Multicam 2Xlarge Regular

Combat Shirt Army Custom Black

Combat Knee Pad Style 02 Black

Combat Elbow Pad Style 02 Black

Ball Cap CP Logo Multicam

Field Shirt Army Custom Multicam

Combat Pants Army Custom Multicam

Combat Pants Army Custom Black

I wonder if they disabled the website to stop orders so they could catch up. I called them this morning about my order to clarify the note I left and the CR was kind of rude, and didnt even want to bother checking the order to make sure it was correct. I also asked about the Khaki elbow pads, and they did say they should be available very soon.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its like what happens when a demo for a popular video game comes out (happened with halo 3) a server blew up because of download traffic.

im thinking they were run dry very quickly. i really hope i can grab a pair of pants later.

im thinking they were run dry very quickly. i really hope i can grab a pair of pants later.

They've apparently shifted thier business model for a sustained stock this time, rather than the "blink and you missed it" stock of Gen 1's.

No digital desert pattern? :(

DIG2 was never intended for public purchase. Supposedly only available to SEALS, though a few have leaked out here and there. But for the most part, you definitely can't buy it direct from them, and LBT that makes gear in DIG2 also refuses to sell to civvies. Personally, I don't see the allure of DIG2. Looks so close to Desert MARPAT, to me the only reason why people want it is because it's hard to come by. I'd rather buy gear for its functionality rather than its exclusivity. <_<

Back on topic, loving all my Crye gear. :D

Ever used one? They suck, trust me. The peak of the cap always points in the wrong direction, cant be easily adjusted, and has no throw or hitting power. Petzl Tikka XP all the way.

Field pants in RG... must save up a little more overdraft i think.

Fair enough, everything else is a tad out of my price range tho :P

I wonder if they disabled the website to stop orders so they could catch up. I called them this morning about my order to clarify the note I left and the CR was kind of rude, and didnt even want to bother checking the order to make sure it was correct. I also asked about the Khaki elbow pads, and they did say they should be available very soon.

Sonny, when I called, they can't even check orders placed. For whatever reason there is a bug that they are working on fixing that does not allow them to check stock.

Interesting this is, at least this time around, Crye is selling it's armor products to anyone with the money and a US government issued ID aka "drivers license" ;)

It's surprising their terms only call for that. There are many, many restrictions on the purchase of that class of armor at the state level, heck it's even hard to come by it in Texas.

Even though they have that whole thing saying they would I would bet good money they would refuse to sell you the armor.

Chevieblazer, they do ship internationally according to their shipping page:

However, there are some extra hoops to jump through, its a slight shame they didn't incorporate a paypal facility into their website. Still, great to see that they're selling to the public :)

But you can only select USA or Canada :unsure:

It's flak protective. Basically contains some soft armor in the belt.

Yep. What he said. ^^^

Also, from what I recall they have pockets for special hard plates too. It's not just to make your rig more comfortable... it's to give additional protection.

BTW, the list price for the Chassis doesn't include the front and back plate pouches and plates. Those must be bought separately.

Archived