AK-47 Tactical Assault Vest

futbolpunk

I know a lot of threads have been made about vests, but I haven't seen any on this little baby.

front:

ak47_vest_front_jpg.jpg

back:

ak47_vest_back_jpg.jpg

Airsoft Atlanta has it for $20 (!) right now, and it holds AK mags. As you can see why, I was immediately interested. Does anyone know if this is any good, or better yet, how it feels in the field?

Thanks. (sorry about large pictures - the thumbnails didn't show enough detail)

It looks fine. For something which is extremely cheap. I wouldn't expect very sound construction though, and I definitely prefer my chest rig (excuse the ugly, knackered bloke wearing it and the laziness in adjusting it):

Russianme.jpg

That's the grad 2, available from RCG. Holds 8 ak mags (or 6 and 4 mac11s mags, as I use it), across the front.

I'm sorry, my knowledge of airsoft retailers' abbreviations is very limited. What does RCG stand for (URL please)?

That vest looks very good with your setup, but that color wouldn't look good at all with my American woodland. I like the design though.

Thanks for the replies! :)

I'm sorry, my knowledge of airsoft retailers' abbreviations is very limited.  What does RCG stand for (URL please)?

That vest looks very good with your setup, but that color wouldn't look good at all with my American woodland.  I like the design though.

Thanks for the replies!  :)

RCG stands for the all-mighty site that is Russian Combat Gear

(great service Btw)

they also stock a few vests that are OD which would got better with your woodland combats.

I personally have a Vityaz Assault Vest

it can hold 8 ak mags no problem, you could stuff more in there but I haven't tried yet.

It has pouches for 8 frag grenades and 4 smoke grenades, 2 internal document pouches ,a small movable pouch for first aid stuff or a radio.

It also has a attached butt pack that can hold anything.

I had a camera a 1 litre nalgene water bottle and a coat in it on sunday, and the buttpack can be tucked away so you can use the vest with a rucksack.

edit

my speeling am teh gud

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Vostok.

Those vests are insanely nice, but do to my pitiful budget, small requirements for a vest, and conflicting camo (but mainly the first reason) I think the $20 black one I posted is the front-runner right now. I really can't get myself around to spend over $100 on a vest. :wacko:

That seller looks very resonable, but their ending their "season" very soon and won't be back until September!

I looked into some other guys. One seller had the except same vest I originally posted, but listed at $32 plus shipping, ouch! A lot of people weren't specific when it came to what magazines it held or the types of pockets.

Also, it's amazing how hard it is to find a BLACK mag that you actually like, lmao. I'm thinking of getting a black thigh holster for my future GBB (which is legal... where I live :D), so I think a black vest would look best (at least, a small one like the one I posted above).

It's really cool to see all the different options there are in vests. Without all of your help, I would have never known about all of the different kinds there are!

It looks fine. For something which is extremely cheap. I wouldn't expect very sound construction though, and I definitely prefer my chest rig (excuse the ugly, knackered bloke wearing it and the laziness in adjusting it):

Russianme.jpg

That's the grad 2, available from RCG. Holds 8 ak mags (or 6 and 4 mac11s mags, as I use it), across the front.

Grad-2 looks nice, but I'm going to plug the Grad-1 :D .

gallery_236_23_28147.jpg

Phone's a joke, pistol's barrel is ugly! Pay attention to the vest.

Vest is really closely related to the Grad-2, just zips up instead. Has the camo pattern instead, and added pouches. But yeah, both are great vests for the AK47 and I suggest saving up some money for one of these. You won't be upset. Just don't get the Grad-2 Gunner, that's designed for the longer RPK 40 round mags.

Vest is really closely related to the Grad-2, just zips up instead.  Has the camo pattern instead, and added pouches.  But yeah, both are great vests for the AK47 and I suggest saving up some money for one of these.  You won't be upset.  Just don't get the Grad-2 Gunner, that's designed for the longer RPK 40 round mags.

just had a thought, if the Grad 2 Gunner has longer mag pouches it could possibly be used to hold P90 mags?

Splav M22 Vest in Les Pattern, on a very brown US Tigerstripe (soon to be replaced with my Bekas Tiger BDU's)

Vest holds:

8 AK Mags

2 Utility Pouches (usually holding BB's and other essentials)

4 Hand Grenade Pouches with Pin Clips (for one handed pulling of the pin and throwing)

2 Bayonet Sheaths, each with a rubber knife.

MVC-591S.JPG

MVC-595S.JPG

MVC-592S.JPG

More pictures here: http://home.comcast.net/~sporkairsoft/imag...rs/coop/newgear

The "backpack" is a US Woodland Camelbak Ambush. It closely matches the russian Les Pattern.

Archived