Boondock Saints: All Saints Day.

WhutJP

So I only just found out that they are making a new Boondock movie...

And all the old actors are coming back for it too - sweet!

They are already in post production and its gonna come out this year, can't wait!

Am I behind the times? Is this old news? Did everyone know but me!?

Theyve got a channel on YouTube where theyve posted production updates and interviews with the stars n wot not; well worth a look.

Old news and not all the old actors are coming back: Willem Dafoe doesn't do sequels.

He may not do sequels, but he certainly does trilogies... Spider Man I, II, and III, anyone?

Terrible films that should be burned... but nonetheless he does appear in all three.

Sad to say, Jag is correct in that our little Willem will not be returning for a Boondock's reunion.

Now, he should have reprised his role as John Clark of Tom Clancy fame... but alas, twas not to be.

• 5 months later...

OMFGBBQ holy thread resurrection etc...

TRAILER!!!

I'm quite excited about this!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/26452...rlr_090209.html

Everyone apart from Dafoe and (obviously) Yakavetta in there... even Rocco, which I still dont get. Good to see Clifton Collins Jr in there, as hes really not in enough stuff, but hopefully Julie Benz will be less annoying in this than she is in Dexter...

Edit: just watched this again, good god Sean Patrick Flanery has not aged well.

Dave

OMFGBBQ holy thread resurrection etc...

TRAILER!!!

I'm quite excited about this!

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/objects/26452...rlr_090209.html

Everyone apart from Dafoe and (obviously) Yakavetta in there... even Rocco, which I still dont get. Good to see Clifton Collins Jr in there, as hes really not in enough stuff, but hopefully Julie Benz will be less annoying in this than she is in Dexter...

Edit: just watched this again, good god Sean Patrick Flanery has not aged well.

Dave

Rocco only appears in a flashback in the new film. And it comes out Oct. 30. I just can't wait for Law Abiding Citizen.

Basically the first Boondock Saints got straight to dvd status because Troy Duffy, who wrote the screenplay and eventually ended up directing it, is a complete and utter *Ubar*. Miramax were going to give him a 15 million dollar budget, give his band a recording contract and Harvey Weinstein even offered to buy Duffy's bar and let him run it, but then they started messing around and it got seriously delayed- at the same time Duffy was so abusive and offensive to everyone he came into contact with he pretty much sank himself, losing almost all the budget and eventually getting the actors in the film to work on it just because they liked the script.

I'm really looking forward to this... I'm somewhat of a fan :P

000_0021.jpg

000_0023.jpg

HUMN I don't like the look of it one bit. Being form bean town I feel this one is going to loose the home town flavor. Also, with that a lot of the bad assnes of the movie. Especially now that were not finding any more body's in the dunes. However, whitey still at large so eh theres still some hope of factorial creativity. There was great documentary that I cant rember the name of on the original saints. I recommend watching it if you have the time. I imagine that this is just going to be mindless killing for about 90 minuets with a slow mo of the father getting shot in the end to some over the top opera music.

Archived