Bird and Fortune on stupid British military purchasing

GuzziHero

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Uhh...like dramatic overspends, the 2 new aircraft carrier that the navy neither needs nor wants just to advance a senator's popularity cos he is creating jobs, and the huge amount of $$$ that the current conflicts are costing your nation?

Plus the fact that only 2 things have ever total-killed a Challenger 2 tank. A US bomb and a UK rifle. How many Abrahms have you guys lost...? ;)

Uhh...like dramatic overspends, the 2 new aircraft carrier that the navy neither needs nor wants just to advance a senator's popularity cos he is creating jobs, and the huge amount of $$$ that the current conflicts are costing your nation?

Plus the fact that only 2 things have ever total-killed a Challenger 2 tank. A US bomb and a UK rifle. How many Abrahms have you guys lost...? ;)

we have more tanks over there, you guys are too scared to send anyone over and leaving us there to protect the oil for you. You Europeans got nothing on American military hardware the only reason we cutting F22 spending is its so far ahead of anything ever made its pointless to make more. your euro fighters got nothing on it. The world hasnt caught up to us yet. The only threat to an F22 is another F22 but you wont see them sold anywhere else cus they are ours.

Go America

Well below is either the most ironic humor I have ever witnessed in my life, or you Mr Guzzi have a stalker who besides what he knows here, is also an expert on automobiles. A rare turkey any way you slice it.

we have more tanks over there, you guys are too scared to send anyone over and leaving us there to protect the oil for you. You Europeans got nothing on American military hardware the only reason we cutting F22 spending is its so far ahead of anything ever made its pointless to make more. your euro fighters got nothing on it. The world hasnt caught up to us yet. The only threat to an F22 is another F22 but you wont see them sold anywhere else cus they are ours.

Go America

The sketch and thread both amuse me :D

Go America

Yanking your chain to the F22 is soooo 1999 :rolleyes:

I could pick apart your post but I actually used to regard the US in a similar light with respect to military equipment. I then turned 16 and couldn't give a flying fig about air superiority fighters with super cruise (first done by the British) in a world that demands CAS nor could I care about MBTs that have jet engine power plants and export variant British designed reactive armour. :rolleyes:

Wind your neck in or keep reinforcing the stereotype ;)

agh! i bloody hate it when americans do the '*fruitcage* you you british fags, america is the bestest' thing. like you say, its a horrible stereotype. hey, mabee america is awesome, but you look like a prat for saying it in such an obtuse manner.

an american soldier would never have written the 'leaving us to defend the oil' comment, as we do alot of good work alongside each other and they know our commitment is massive for the size of our army. oh, and we all defend people not oil btw. so im guessing that fanta101 is a child? why quote such chod?

The only threat to an F22 is another F22....

Go America

How ironically true! Much like the only threat to a British Soldier is an American Soldier! :D;)

Top blokes, the yanks, but glad they decided to push on to Baghdad, rather have them infront of us, than behind us!

On top of that, let's not forgot how many plate carriers USMC have been through since 2001, as well as faffing about with vast amounts of different camo...

Read the book Lions, Donkeys and Dinosaurs for a more in depth look at British military expenditure, it's a mind boggling read. Makes you wonder what the HELL they're doing. Although admittedly, they've got better recently.

How ironically true! Much like the only threat to a British Soldier is an American Soldier! :D;)

Top blokes, the yanks, but glad they decided to push on to Baghdad, rather have them infront of us, than behind us!

Welsh, afraid I rofld rather more at that than at the sketch but both are still brilliant!

I think its pretty sad to find someone still going on about the 'America is best, we are the best in the world' xenophic ######. Obama himself has admitted that attitude's got to change! Would love to know though what you class as all this american kit we europeans have been using... only thing I can think of at the moment apart from the odd M4 was all the Vietnam gear you passed off to France when it was broke and couldnt afford better, and all the kit your soldiers sell on the German black market :P. The countries the yanks have been giving all the materiel are further south and east and in hotter, sandier climes.

However enough of pointing out the flaws in his argument, its rather like hunting a puppy thats tied to a tree with a spectre gunship.

The Bird and Fortune sketch thats linked to it about the navy is also worth a look, but it kind of misses the point of the two planned British super carriers and doesnt realise how necessary they actually are (and how unnecessary the RAF is in comparison :P)

Dave

Edit: not anti american and apologize if this comes off this way I think America has a lot going for it. I like to think Id say the same if a Brit claimed that we were better than everyone else (even though we are fruitcaging awesome).

• 3 weeks later...

The Su-35 is no longer in production and the Su-47 is still not as good as the F-22. It is perhaps as good as the EF2000 and the JSF/F-35, but it is not as good as the F-22. Simply put, nothing comes close, although the JSF, EF2000, Su-47, and MiG 1.44 all make good efforts.

Archived