Bird and Fortune on stupid British military purchasing

GuzziHero

I'd like to see Vader on one of those shows touting the features of the Death Star and while explaining there were a few cost over-runs but the only thing left for the next upgrade was thermal exhaust port covers and it's just 2 meters wide (I know Family Guy did it, but I want more parody).

They could even touch on the planed fixes for the stormtroopers poor marksmanship and fragile TIE fighters.

F35 is a rotten lemon. Utterly useless for anything. They can't get it to fly straight or fly at all with any serious weapons load.

Development much like a beta test for a computer game, they are there to iron out all the bugs in the design and make improvements. I also seem to recall a Eurofighter battered an F-22 last year (at China Lake I believe). The Eurofighter has also successfully completed the CAS trials where it was put through it's paces by both Brits and Americans and both were happy with it.

As for the two carriers, I am in favour of keeping a strong manufacturing base within a country and a more up-to-date force will be better suited to fight a war against a more technologically advanced foe in the future.

As far as I am concerned however, it doesn't matter who has what aircraft or who has what tanks as we are both allies and to go against each other would be a terrible sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived