Kanzen 7mm Ceramic Bearings -- Reviewed

th_Kanzen-7mm-Bearings-box-top.jpg

The guys at AirSplat were kind enough to send me a set of the Kanzen 7mm ceramic ball bearings. Being that I had yet to upgrade my Dboys SCAR-L, this seemed like a good starting point. Kanzen bearings are well known for their quality of craftsmanship and durability. Ceramic bearings offer greater load handling than traditional nylon bushings, and lower rotational resistance than either nylon or steel bushings. This in turn, should lead us to a greater ROF and lower trigger response times. I expect these should be a dramatic improvement over the stock nylon bushings, but how much?

Kanzen makes a beautiful package with an excellent set of bearings inside them. The gains archived from switching from stock nylon bushings to hybrid ceramic ball bearings was incredible. I had expected to see maybe a 1 RPS increase, but it looks as if was underestimated the performance of the ceramic bearings. I will definitely consider Kanzen ceramic bearings in my future upgrades, and I highly recommend them based on the findings of this test.

For more details the full review is available at the link below:

Infected Airsoft's Review of the Kanzen 7mm Ceramic Bearings

Great review infected, but can you please compare the ROF difference between ceramic and steel bearings, as well as the performance of steel bushings? I think that would be an interesting way to compare it.

I've thought about the same thing. Unfortunately, I don't have a gearbox with which to just play around with at the moment. I really need to pick up a dboys gearbox from some HK retailer just to monkey around with. I'm really holding back on airsoft purchases as I'm trying to make some real steel purchases at the moment.

Maybe in the future I'll run a comparison with nylon, bushing, steel bearing, & ceramic hybrid bearings.