full metal CA870 clones at RSOV at gunner

my_plague_666

When they hit our shores, I'm thinking on sale for around £40. Thats not bad at all for a backup spring full metal shotty that you can rely on. The shorty wood effect model is most suited to backup work. I hope that these have similar internals to the DE M47's which are very well built internally. In the externals dept. these are naturally going to fair better than the already half decent M47's. Power wise hopefully a 1J.

By the looks they seem maruzen clones. That makes em quite well built. But i do wonder if theres an adjustable hopup and what kind. My maruzen made was leaky and very poorly made, had to convert it to tm barrel and hopup to make it work well.

That short one is gonna be found under my M4 pretty soon so we shall see how good they are.

same here. i've always liked the look of M870s and the feel of the maruzen versions, but been put off by the price and the single shot limitation (which would make it a wallhanger)

with these out now i might finally make my planned 'in case of zombies: break glass' wall display :P

Look very very good, but in gunner thery are described as 1bb per shot, and beeing 400fps... well, I wouldnt use them on the field but just like wallhangers :(

same here. i've always liked the look of M870s and the feel of the maruzen versions, but been put off by the price and the single shot limitation (which would make it a wallhanger)

On the contrary, friends, the fact that they are single shot and quite powerful makes them very skirmishable! They are essentially spring rifles, but which can be fired very quickly and accurately because of the pump action. Perhaps the most skirmishable springers out there.

If the Maruzen (see my sig) is anything to go by they're really accurate too, and great fun when you feel the need for a challenge in a skirmish!

Stu.

True, they are powerful, they are compact, they are single shot, fast cocking... but... are they accurate? they have no ironsights, or rails or anything to aim with precission, so any power or precission (if theres any) just go to waste.

If they design one of these with Double eagle internals, I mean, pump action, tri-singleshot and shell-like magazine, I want two, but until they are skirmishable shotguns, ill stick to my DE Shotty with its low fps, perfect for CQB fun.

True, they are powerful, they are compact, they are single shot, fast cocking... but... are they accurate? they have no ironsights, or rails or anything to aim with precission, so any power or precission (if theres any) just go to waste.

If they design one of these with Double eagle internals, I mean, pump action, tri-singleshot and shell-like magazine, I want two, but until they are skirmishable shotguns, ill stick to my DE Shotty with its low fps, perfect for CQB fun.

If they are anything like the Maruzen CA870s, then you there are 4 ridges on the top of the receiver. You can use that like rudimentary sights, lining them up with your barrel. Also, there are scope mounts available for the Ca870s.

As for accuracy, our local shop tested one out. Using a Maruzen CA870 Sawn Off, we were able to hit a light pole 4/5 times from 130 feet way using Toytec .25g.

when there's no aftermarket barrels for your gun, call EdGi!

/advert

im thinking of picking up the sawnoff to see what can be done with it. ill scrim with i for a while with a laser mounted on a flash hider.

i have never looked for magazines for the CA870s, can someone tell me the kinds and prices in the states?

i hope the release spare mags...

cheap spare mags...

On the contrary, friends, the fact that they are single shot and quite powerful makes them very skirmishable! They are essentially spring rifles, but which can be fired very quickly and accurately because of the pump action. Perhaps the most skirmishable springers out there.

If the Maruzen (see my sig) is anything to go by they're really accurate too, and great fun when you feel the need for a challenge in a skirmish!

Stu.

400 FPS is hot for the UK, and it seems stupid to have a shotgun that only fires one round at a time IMO. kinda defeats the object.

i'd much rather have lower FPS and some spread to simulate the buckshot effect better.

400 FPS is hot for the UK, and it seems stupid to have a shotgun that only fires one round at a time IMO. kinda defeats the object.

i'd much rather have lower FPS and some spread to simulate the buckshot effect better.

Seconded on all

Will continue dreaming of full metal marui clones.......

They're not coming are they....<_<

LOL. Where were all these people for the last however many years while G&P, Maruzen and other's had their (FM) single shot shotties pushing close to 400 FPS?

This isnt a new idea, It's just a FM china clone. I for one hopes it takes Maruzen/G&P Upgrades.

LOL. Where were all these people for the last however many years while G&P, Maruzen and other's had their (FM) single shot shotties pushing close to 400 FPS?

This isnt a new idea, It's just a FM china clone. I for one hopes it takes Maruzen/G&P Upgrades.

errm, i DID say it was a CA870 clone, just made a point that they hadnt skimped on the metal.

and i feel the same way about the originals.

there are as many choices of multishot shotguns as there are single shot shotguns, why are you guys complaining? the only valid complaint that fin has is that there aren't any full metal spring multishot shotguns.

i enjoy these single shot shotguns. it lets you hold a shotgun and compete easily with AEGs without having to play like your using an actual shotgun.

i have played both ways. using an Echo1 edition CAW M1014, i could shoot a little further than all the AEGs on the field so i had a good ability to pick people off as a DM. using my M500 clone, i had to get into a 100 foot range before i knew i had a good chance of hitting (also, getting a double kill in one shot was a thrill). now,the single shot guns have almost no purpos to fill except the reason that some people just want to use a different gun. just like how an AK is the only gun that airsoft really needs since you can do everything with it. but some people wanted armalites and HKs.

there's a market for such things, so they're made.

the only valid complaint that fin has is that there aren't any full metal spring multishot shotguns.

and thats a perfectly good complaint :P moar multishot!

the maruzens are just sniper rifles made to look like shotguns, and will thus work best as a sniper rifle. this might just be me, but using an M870 as a sniper just seems plain wrong to me.

still each to their own.

Archived