full metal CA870 clones at RSOV at gunner

my_plague_666

Yeah, its a nice idea (Cheap metal shot gun) but how about a multi shot one, doesn't have to be shell ejecting as that means looking for shells after firing which is a pain.

Why don't these cloners learn that we want a metal SPAS12 full metal with moveable stock (Yes I was going to say sliding stock, but it doesn't slide now does it)?

400 FPS is hot for the UK, and it seems stupid to have a shotgun that only fires one round at a time IMO. kinda defeats the object.

i'd much rather have lower FPS and some spread to simulate the buckshot effect better.

QFT!!

I prefer trishot shotguns, lower fps, but funnier, even on the mag style. Love my DE M3 with its little battlescars :D

IMHO, a good airsoft shotty needs to:

- be a nice variant (no more M870's please, as nice as they are, we already have too many) so possibly M37, SPAS, M4, M3, M500, M590, M1912, M1100, M1897, Saiga, Striker, basically anything else that'd be more original.

- be full metal.

- have triple shot at least (afterall it is a shotgun), since triple shot can come from both gas or spring then both are fine, we need/want the selection

- be somewhat reliable (please no more breakable tri-cylinders).

- come in at a reasonable price, e.g. around the £130 mark.

ummmm, them get an ACM or Marushin M500...

both are great. all you need to do is replace the action bars with steel ones (25-60 bucks depending on where you get them). if you want more consistant performance, mosquito molds offers a high flow valve. and if you want the best performance, hook up an external gas rig.

the ACM 6mm version offers great performance within 100 feet.

Enough 870s? There are enough mediocre 870s, yes. There has yet to be a totally skirmishable out of the box, well-built full metal multi-shot M870 capable of taking real steel accessories. There has yet to be, essentially, the be-all and end-all of airsoft M870s. All current offerings leave much to be desired.

Absolutely, there are definetly no skirmishable M870s yet, and I agree that M870s are very popular so some production is fair enough. But why keep on making so many, some experimenting elsewhere would be nice, would it not? Besides, even when they companies do stumble onto a good thing they normally discontinue production anyway.

P.s. For me I believe the product of such an experiment should be an M37 Featherweight, they are so hot and so classic. I think the M500 system would fit in there perfectly.

• 3 months later...

Archived