Who has used a TM m14 as their sniping weapon?

scar527

Hello,

I am about to purchase a tm m14, and i am going to get a 400fps upgrade, and a tb barrrel(for starters ;) , might later get an m130 spring, limit it to semi, and go with a bore up kit if i get a longer barrel.) . So to the point - how do you like it? What kind of effective range do you have? What upgrades(if any)? How is your accuracy at 50M(or yrds)? Would you recccomend it for the sniping role?

Thank you,

Scar

Hello,

I am about to purchase a tm m14, and i am going to get a 400fps upgrade, and a tb barrrel(for starters ;) , might later get an m130 spring, limit it to semi, and go with a bore up kit if i get a longer barrel.) . So to the point - how do you like it? What kind of effective range do you have? What upgrades(if any)? How is your accuracy at 50M(or yrds)? Would you recccomend it for the sniping role?

Thank you,

Scar

First, where are you planning on purchasing a TM M14 bore-up cylinder kit? Haven´t seen one made for a TM M14.

Secondly - you can not really snipe with a SA sniper. But for a DMR role you couldn´t ask for a better choise of weapon.

B.

AEX has them(so they say).

Update-i will be postponing buying the m14 in place of a g-spec.

I have to disagree with you on not being able to snipe with a SA, as RS snipers do(not all the time obviousely) , and sniping is the artform of how you get a kill, and it doesnt matter what gun you are using.

Scar

AEX has them(so they say).

Update-i will be postponing buying the m14 in place of a g-spec.

I have to disagree with you on not being able to snipe with a SA, as RS snipers do(not all the time obviousely) , and sniping is the artform of how you get a kill, and it doesnt matter what gun you are using.

Scar

yea but were not RS are we, AEG's go whir thud, whir thud for every shot, RS go boom clack boom clack, usually the person is dead before they hear the shot, also suppreesors can be used so they would then go pfff clack pfff clack.

yea i agree you can snipe with an AEG but your more likely to get detected by enemy players.

also i was sniping the other month and i was out with my virtually silent Vsr and the dead player knew the direction the shot came from so turned around and studied the area til he spotted me and told his friends where i was. (if i had being using my aeg in that situation i would been found faster)

Also on subject my M21/M14 is an awesome peice of kit, really good for a DMR role/ stalker role.

i wouldnt bother getting a bore up kit and lenghening the barrel it will make no difference to accuracy.

as for being used for sniping, i dont see any problem, my old m14 was able to acheave head shots at 40m only running at 365fps and was very quiet even without a silencer.

ive just bought another becuase i missed it so much.

this time im using a socom as a base instead of the full lengh version though.

my plan is to upgrade it to 450-500 and run semi.

i may make a silenecing ghilie rag to reduce noise aswell.

yea but were not RS are we, AEG's go whir thud, whir thud for every shot, RS go boom clack boom clack, usually the person is dead before they hear the shot, also suppreesors can be used so they would then go pfff clack pfff clack.

yea i agree you can snipe with an AEG but your more likely to get detected by enemy players.

also i was sniping the other month and i was out with my virtually silent Vsr and the dead player knew the direction the shot came from so turned around and studied the area til he spotted me and told his friends where i was. (if i had being using my aeg in that situation i would been found faster)

Also on subject my M21/M14 is an awesome peice of kit, really good for a DMR role/ stalker role.

The way i see it, since my site has greater distance between cover (semi arid area here in socal) i would be upgrading a vsr to 550 fps anyway, and that would make a loud noise, and would be obviosely distinguished as a sniper. However, using an aeg, they might just think its another assaulter who snuck up on them during or between firefights, so they may not think it is a sniper. Also, with semi auto, if a group comes to pick me off, then i can get more shots of quickly if needed, and do so without moving around much.

Scar

aeg s are good for DMR not for sniping better get an vsr tanaka usw the accuary usw its much better accuarcy of a aeg is not so good!!

my MK12 with systema magnum box 650mm promi barrel chroned V1 with 594-610fps with 0.25 doesnt shot so long an have the accuary compared with my tanaka so i power down an get him the roll of DMR with 400fps about distance 35-50 meters ok

but i think sniper distance are 40-100 meters and this is not the range for aeg

At the muzzel yes, but how did you silence the sound of the piston?

on the L96:

foam insert in between the cylinder head and piston to comfort the blow of the piston, and greased the spring to stop the twang of the spring vibrating,

then filled the stock with foam to stop it working as a resonance chamber and wrapped the barrel in foam then covered it all in snipers tape

On the Vsr:

As its CO2 its quiet anyway. made a custom silencer and greased the spring to stop the twang of that.

aeg s are good for DMR not for sniping better get an vsr tanaka usw the accuary usw its much better accuarcy of a aeg is not so good!!

my MK12 with systema magnum box 650mm promi barrel chroned V1 with 594-610fps with 0.25 doesnt shot so long an have the accuary compared with my tanaka so i power down an get him the roll of DMR with 400fps about distance 35-50 meters ok

but i think sniper distance are 40-100 meters and this is not the range for aeg

i already have one.

scar

I had an m14 and i found it was great for a sniping roll, i used it in my ghillie and it was shooting only 350fps, but i sold it to a mate of mine (so i could put all more cash in to my real sniper project the vsr) and he had i think fire support upgrade it to 450fps on semi and its an absoult dream now easly acurate and straight to 50, is fairly quiet for an aeg but even with the silencer its no where near as quite as my TM vsr, A fantastic gun wich i would say does suit many sniers well in airsoft. If you have any questions about the upgrades hes done i could ask him this weekend for you ?

hope this helps and in all honestly my m14 was the best aeg i have ever owned....... :)

dixon

oooo,

iv torn the ligaments and cracked the bone in my foot today so...wont be going to airsoft any time soon :( f****** rugby.

but...i can say that that he can happily sit with me sniping about 60m away and be tagging people easily from that distance i no that if you have the money m14 can be fantastic snipers theres a guy at fire support with a fully upgraded m14 and he used to say he could hit people 100m + but ..... im not so sure,Although i know that its a blody good sniper as he has shot me numerous times from god knows where :) More seriously i will ask for a range test at the site and get a gear list next time i see the guy but it may be a while sorry about that bud :)

dixon

Archived