Vietnam Kit Discussion

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm, what cap is this on pic number 2? Marine basecap? Ammo belt looks like a linked MG42/MG3 version?

But the pics are great (just can´t open the second and the last but I keep trying :( )

The use of silencers was quite unusual in vietnam. Haven´t seen much pics with one mounted, mostly with an S&W M39 Hush Puppy and the others mounted on M16.

The M14 sniper outfit would IMHO look "smarter" with an ERDL outfit ;) But it looks great also in the olive pattern.

This time I only add two real pictures (It is not me or airsoft!!!!) of M16 with silencer as there is nothing new at my tiger load out and my third pattern olive drab tropical issue jacket arrived today :D , flak jacket is on its way and I first have to look for trousers and a mitchel helmet cover before there will be some new pics ;)

post-4958-1124811628_thumb.jpg

post-4958-1124811638_thumb.jpg

Hey nice pics Red5, love the black and white, it seems to give the picture that little extra :). Only thing that could make them better would be some tiger stripes...... mmm gotta love those tigers.

Thanks guys...

Boba, Charlie is wearing a marine Cap, and as for the rounds.... :rolleyes:

Will have some ERDL pics for you later in the week in the mean time...

boba : the first pic comes from a book about LRRPs in vietnam (written and pictured by one of them), I could post some more pics of it when back home. At least two other pics show silencers, one mounted on M16, the other on XM177E2... nice pics btw, I like this period's style!

edit : I just read the previous pages, the collapsible stock version of the M655 is as said the M653 (released by TM under the name "Barnes Version"). At those times, going from fixed to collapsible and vice versa was easy, but latest US laws about civilian weapons (with issues of non concealed weapons) obliged manufacturers to avoid the switch to be done.

and this ammo belt looks like MAG/GPMG/M240 to me...

cheers!

that pic doesnt look right or real???

why dont they just ride in the helo

and the helo looks like one i have seen in many pics as in same angle

so i think that helo is ps'ed

They probably just got off of the helo, and it's taking off again. You can tell from the grass, etc. that there is deffinately a helo there.

Aaron

<_<

:P  I reckon you could pick up a cyma one for £30.00  :P

Hell, for that price i'm getting one !!!

it will be ######, but hey ! it will be a huey !

suuuure, blades will fall off in midflight, the co pilots flightstick will be torn off the first time he takes over controll, and the hull creak like a plague of locus (sp??), etc etc..

and when it inevetably goes down...... do i hear Search and Rescue behind enemy lines games?? :D:ph34r:

:huh::rolleyes::P

:D:D just imagining the build quality of the airframe :D:D

Still it my last longer in the air than a cheap 'Market Springer' Huey !!!!!!!!

Bit more on topic - My Erdl trousers are back from the tailors so Boba you'll get the 'smarter' pics after this weekend!!! :P:P

Red

:D:D rofl does 'Hanoi-Jane Barbie' come complete with 'Saigon Ken' :D:D

On another note I very, very nearly bought a grease-gun today.....hmmm LRRP-tastic. I just couldn't bring myself to part with my cash after laying out for the M14 earlier this month :angry::angry:

Vicks you know you are making want a set of tigers now.......... :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived